• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
Hey all! Anything I missed?

i3afFXea3Uq2h.gif

xptoxyz

I just downloaded this from moddb. Cyberpunk Japan? Yes, please.
But there are 0 people playing right now. Community that dead?

I remember it being okay, back in the day. But if the core community is that dead I wonder why bother releasing on Steam at all, if they're hoping it's enough to revive it.

pahamrick

The game still has the beta banner in my library's grid view but it has the full release banner in the store page. Same thing happened when I gave away The Wolf Among Us last month, the Modbot raffle and my library showed the episode 3 artwork but the store page had the episode 4 artwork. Weird...

The Wolf Among Us is really weird. Sometimes when I start it up, the grid image is episode 2. Other times its been episode 3, and once it was episode 1.

Every experience I've had was with the ticket system. When my original account got locked over a misunderstanding, I had to go through like over 5 tickets. It took so long that I eventually just created my current account and got tired of dealing with it. Don't know if it's any different now though, last time I dealt with it like that was 2011. The account was eventually unlocked, but damn I really didn't feel like waiting 3 months lol.

Holy what kind of misunderstanding got you locked out for three months? o.o I had a similar issue once: After I hosted a LAN-Party years back around 2008, the next day I wanted to log-in to Steam and was greeted with the message "Your Steam Account has been disabled" with no further information. Since I only had CS:S and the certain other few games on it at the time I didn't want to deal with the support and made a new account and was ready to rebuy everything. Well funnily enough my original unlocked itself by magic once I tried to access it from a friends house with my laptop o.o

I seriously believe that "My account is locked" issues should be uttermost priority for Valve, it's not good in any case to lock a customer out of his games :/

The latter.

I see, I just asked because I think it would be okay for them to just give the user a additional heads-up via chat that the issue was resolved but oh well, I guess they have their reasons sticking to it. I can't say my live-chat support experiences are great... that one time I had to deal with EA and Origin support was weird...

Tellaerin

Y'know I can't help but feel that Strider 2014 would've been much better if you played as Strider Alpaca and not Strider Hiryu.

I also can't help but think that it would've been much better if it was developed by a bunch of lovely Alpacas. Or Llamas. Or Emus. Or even Ostriches.

Take that, double helix.

Strider Alpaca. A neon vector scrolling action game developed by Jeff Minter, starring a sword-wielding alpaca with a scarf.

It's so crazy it just might work!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I see, I just asked because I think it would be okay for them to just give the user a additional heads-up via chat that the issue was resolved but oh well, I guess they have their reasons sticking to it. I can't say my live-chat support experiences are great... that one time I had to deal with EA and Origin support was weird...

I think people would be more forgiving of Steam's wonky support times if you actually felt as though you were talking to a person and not a bot. It's simultaneously amusing and frustrating when you explain your problem only to receive an unhelpful cookie-cutter response that was obviously chosen due to a few key words you'd used.

Tizoc

I'm off to bed, g'nite GAF

arnold-schwarzenegger-conan-the-barbarian-movie-image-21.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
Strider -- MB-0471FC72CBE17247 - Taken by xptoxyz
t1cxE6r.gif
PGP3OVL.png
Torchlight GOG Key -- MB-5142E4CD0E69FC96
t1cxE6r.gif
Killer is Dead -- MB-7E1D8229466B52AC - Taken by _hekk05
t1cxE6r.gif
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- MB-7C1002076D7E7029 - Taken by Nete

t1404588134z1.png

Sendou

So what is that alpaca game actually called? Would like to check it out see wtf is up.

I think people would be more forgiving of Steam's wonky support times if you actually felt as though you were talking to a person and not a bot. It's simultaneously amusing and frustrating when you explain your problem only to receive an unhelpful cookie-cutter response that was obviously chosen due to a few key words you'd used.

Yeah. Compared to incredibly helpful and fast Origin support they're a bit of joke really.

You tell me. Since watching Ghost in the Shell and Akira over a dozen years ago, I was always on the lookout for something similar. I'll give this a try tomorrow, maybe ask gaf if they want to join.

Oh it will definitely scratch your itch of GitS, that much I can tell! :D I sadly won't be around tomorrow but if you manage to get enough people together it will be amazing!

wilflare

and thank you Rhaknar for Dead Rising 3 :D
can't wait to play my first DR game ever :D (and I get to play it with the DS4!)
been wanting to try the series out!

maneil99

Steam really just needs either more people on support or best case; Live Chat (which would need more people)

They also need a damn community manager or someone to speak to the public when either servers are down or something big has or is happening in the community

Ozium

Lookin' to start a new game today and actually play through it 'til finish (not in one sitting, but get one started and stick with it..) and I was gonna go with Betrayer.. but now I find out that Papers, Pls has cards? And I played it for a week (in game time) and then stopped so I might just start that over and finish it this time...

Steam roulette is also no help for picking games, I wish there was a blocklist for it... Stuff like crappy games I don't even want to touch or awesome things like Spelunky show up on the roulette and it's like meh... Spelunky is one of those play every day type of games for me. I want to use the roulette to find a game I can sink my teeth into..

With that said... Betrayer or Papers Please?

edit: Thomas Was Alone is a fantastic platformer, it's not very challenging but is very relaxing and does make you think a little... the story is what will hook you and the different shapes you play as have more personality than a lot of AAA game characters... The DLC (recently added for free on PC) is also really good too..

Tesseract

Banned
Just as I was expecting of SteamGAF, carry on!

but in all seriousnessesly, steamgaf has been moody lately, getting bogged down in gifting whinery and game counts. stump posted some good shovel knight impressions to offset the badness, so we're good.

That's true! I agree with you, it can be as frustrating as it can be funny. I hate cookie-cutter responses more than anything else, it always feels like such systems assume that the ticket creator is... well not the smartest but in my opinion having a actual person of the company and not a "call center" employee handle support requests, like EA seems to do it, is the best way to go. Case in point, after my ISP couldn't properly set my speed to what my contract said I went through their call center four times and was only told "Do a speed test, use our modem, I will note a technician!" After I complained again and they didn't get anything done, I was called by a actual technician of them and he immediately asked me: "What can I do for you?" I replied that he should just set my DSL to 13000 levels and activate Fast Path. He noticed right away that I know what I'm talking about, we chuckled a bit about their call center personnel and the whole matter was resolved in 60 seconds :p

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
Y'know I can't help but feel that Strider 2014 would've been much better if you played as Strider Alpaca and not Strider Hiryu.

I also can't help but think that it would've been much better if it was developed by a bunch of lovely Alpacas. Or Llamas. Or Emus. Or even Ostriches.

Take that, double helix.

Im still waiting for a lovely hand drawn strider anime looking game...and i will keep waiting...

until capcom runs out of money and they give the company to me

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Just finished the Broforce Campaign. It was a blast.

The level where you have to destroy the giant helicopter while constantly moving to the right was pretty frustrating. Took me quite a few tries to beat it. I died twice during the final exploding animation .-.

I still haven't unlocked all the bros yet. There should really be an option to replay specific missions.

Miker

The level where you have to destroy the giant helicopter while constantly moving to the right was pretty frustrating. Took me quite a few tries to beat it. I died twice during the final exploding animation .-.

I still haven't unlocked all the bros yet. There should really be an option to replay specific missions.

About how long is the campaign in the alpha right now?

Yeah, I died quite a few times before the run you see in the webm I posted.
I'm in the section after that (jungle at night) how much more of the arcade mode is left for me?

Im still waiting for a lovely hand drawn strider anime looking game...and i will keep waiting...

until capcom runs out of money and they give the company to me

Haha, me too. I thought metroidvania was a bad idea, but was willing to entertain it. Then I saw the teaser reel they put together in the week or so before release for Strider 2014 and I got suckered in. As a gamer, I thought it was trash. As a Strider fan it broke my heart.

don't tempt us :/
is the battle system like DMC4 cool lol

Is it cool, yes.
Is it as in depth, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom