• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Oh it will definitely scratch your itch of GitS, that much I can tell! :D I sadly won't be around tomorrow but if you manage to get enough people together it will be amazing!

There's something that'll scratch a GiTS itch? Is such a thing even possible? (Outside of Stand Alone Complex: Season 3 being announced, that is)

I'm downloading the mod now.

pahamrick

Okay, I have a question that hopefully someone can answer for me. I got Witcher 1 & 2 on GOG a few weeks before Witcher 2's release. During this past summer sale, I grabbed Witcher 1 and 2 on Steam just because lately I've had problems downloading things from GOG (Speed hovers around 10-15KB/s no matter what I do.)

Now, would there be issues if I gave away the keys from the Steam versions for someone to redeem on GOG.com using GOG's Witcher Backup?

Shadownet

Banned
Congrats on the raise and promotion!

Congrats brah!

Congrats Shadow!

Congratulations!

Hey, does Gamestop still have used GBA games? My old DS broke and only the bottom screen works, but I can still play GBA games on it.

Congrats, you deserve it! :)

Thanks guys :D I'm really in a giving mood right now cause of it. but my wallet just bitch slap me for even thinking about it XD hahaha.

and Volimar. we dont sell GBA Games anymore. :( at best Ebay, or some of those online stores that sell GBA games might be your own option. or if you want I know gamestop sell pre-owned DS for like $80. if you want one I can use my discount to get you a pre-owned DS :)

There's something that'll scratch a GiTS itch? Is such a thing even possible? (Outside of Stand Alone Complex: Season 3 being announced, that is)

I'm downloading the mod now.

Well the aestethics, design and gameplay elements are heavily influenced by GitS, and the team did a good job in my option with translating everything to the Source Engine, it was just plagued by development issues and a never forming community as said :/

Hugstable

Banned
Get aghs on her and a mana pool item like Bloodstone or Orchid and she'll destroy people.

Of course, that stuff requires a lot of farm, so she's easy to shutdown.

Pretty much. Enchantress is like Chen to me, I suck like hell at controlling more than one unit so it would always just become a fail game for me with her.

Volimar

Thanks guys :D I'm really in a giving mood right now cause of it. but my wallet just bitch slap me for even thinking about it XD hahaha.

and Volimar. we dont sell GBA Games anymore. :( at best Ebay, or some of those online stores that sell GBA games might be your own option. or if you want I know gamestop sell pre-owned DS for like $80. if you want one I can use my discount to get you a pre-owned DS :)

That's a generous offer, but lately the only DS related game I want to play is Fire Emblem, and that's 3DS, and I'm not buying a handheld just for one game.

Sincerely, thanks for the offer though.

Volimar

Yup, that's where I be.

Never forget.

8NwN6AN.jpg

Uzzy

Well the aestethics, design and gameplay elements are heavily influenced by GitS, and the team did a good job in my option with translating everything to the Source Engine, it was just plagued by development issues and a never forming community as said :/

I am now staring at the download screen while Run Rabbit Junk plays in the background. Download faster damn it!

If there's people on here who are up for playing it, I'll be down with that.

Shadownet

Banned
So this raffle was sponsored by lashman <3 so please send him some thanks!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alan Wake American's Nightmare -- MB-44CAFBA0AD766AB9 - Taken by Fracas. 2 entrants total.
Alan Wake -- MB-2C403AAAF841B9FC - Taken by Gez. 3 entrants total.

t1404521268z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
congrats :D
-wait you work in Gamestop? does your store happen to have a complete copy of PS3 NieR with Manual?... I've been looking high and low for it! I'll pay for it shipped!

I might. if my store don't have it. I can ask my friends from other store for you :)

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
About how long is the campaign in the alpha right now?

Not that long. 2 hours, maybe? It really depends on how good you are at it though.

Yeah, I died quite a few times before the run you see in the webm I posted.
I'm in the section after that (jungle at night) how much more of the arcade mode is left for me?

I don't know about the arcade mode. I'm just playing the regular campaign.

You Americans and your patriotism. On Canada Day I sat at home and watched my Chinese cartoons.

Yeah, it works out better when we all have mics. For the longest time I actually just used a 360 headset xD
I have a headset but the mic broke. I think I rolled over the cord a few too many times. The headphones still work on it though. :)

Oh I forgot to tell you guys. I got a little raise/promotion today. yay.
Congrats! Now use that money for yourself.

It's not on Steam, but I think I just came in 1st place in that amazing game Eat Yourself Silly on Hamburgers and Sausage on July 4th. Was going up against some stiff competition from my girlfriend's family, but my training (working out like mad this morning) poised me for the win.

So where's the global leaderboard?

Ibuki

Banned
sorry you're right. i meant SGA. :p but no key yet. i dont mind though. it just mean I dont have to open :p

Ahh I'm the opposite of that I love opening, feels like the days drag on when I have to close. Congratulations anyway, you will get your own key in no time. It was a long ass day but I'm glad I finally get to come home, sit down and play some computer games! Maybe I'll watch some JoJo later as well. :p

Shadownet

Banned
Ahh I'm the opposite of that I love opening, feels like the days drag on when I have to close. Congratulations anyway, you will get your own key in no time. It was a long ass day but I'm glad I finally get to come home, sit down and play some computer games! Maybe I'll watch some JoJo later as well. :p

I used to like opening too. but that mean waking up early and me no likey anymore. I know right?! Tonight I'm all up for gaming <3 havent been able to play much the past few days. Exicted to jump in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom