• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
Ugh, I know the logo is the least important thing of a OP but I'm seriously hitting a creative wall with the Astebreed logo and I'm not sure what to do against this :(

Use the banner that's up on Steam? I'll try looking around myself and see if I can find any images that would go good for a logo.

Shadownet

Banned
Just beat Shovel Knight. Thanks again Shadownet. Truly one of my favorite games. Nice nostalgic ending too.

what did he send you?

glad you enjoyed it :D *should have kept it for myself*

:p i dont think I would like it much. but i'm sure its GOTY contender!

Anustart

Anyone know why my PC would be telling me I'm low memory when playing certain games? Monaco caused it earlier. I have 8gb running integrated graphics at the moment, so no gpu ram. If I open task manager I'm no where near 8gb, usually 3-4.

Speevy

Banned
Anyone know why my PC would be telling me I'm low memory when playing certain games? Monaco caused it earlier. I have 8gb running integrated graphics at the moment, so no gpu ram. If I open task manager I'm no where near 8gb, usually 3-4.

Daaaamn Monaco, didn't know it was like that.

You probably have a process running that's eating your resources. Run a few antivirus programs.

Anteater

First exceed has no controller support so I haven't gotten to it, 2nd has a similar system as ikaruga but it's much more forgiving and accessible, I liked it. I'm not a shmup expert so I don't know if it's good in shmup standard, but it's fun.

I heard 3rd game is better but I don't have it.

hello folks. had this just sitting around. good luck!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Retro City Rampage US PSN Code -- MB-9450305C9C71AE3F - Taken by Sajjaja
Retro City Rampage Steam Code -- MB-990E8926569F3695 - Taken by L.O.R.D

t1404536208z1.png

wilflare

Sounds like it's time to upgrade.
Get an nVidia card before Witcher 3, wilflare.
Then give away the promotional games to me. :p

you should have asked when I got my 280X at the start of the year
would have given my BF4 to you. lol

and I can't afford those nVidia cards T_T it will blow my budget out of the water

Oh, poor baby, you wont Dead Rising 3 from Rhaknar-senpai and can't get Divinity too.
Divinity seems to be the most popular big ticket giveaway at the moment, right up there with The Witcher 3. I'd bet you'll have another chance soon. :p

and if I do buy the nVidia card, I will really be a "poor baby" :p
I'm not complaining :p
(I hope by the time DR3 is out, Durante is ready w GeDoSaTo to make downsampling work)

Use the banner that's up on Steam? I'll try looking around myself and see if I can find any images that would go good for a logo.

Thank you, if you find anything that would be nice! And I guess I could use this as a last resort though I already dumped the logo from inside the game with GeDoSaTo and have a setup in mind for it but I can't make the planet's atmosphere blend properly with the space around it and as a hobby graphics designer it drives me a bit nuts... :p

I just saw your edit, that's not bad, I might be able to use this for something else in the OT, thanks! :D

pahamrick

Here's some GOG keys for Witcher 1 and Witcher 2. They SHOULD work by going to
http://www.gog.com/witcher/backup

If they don't, I'm really sorry.

ModBot said:
Instructions for pahamrick:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher 2 GOG -- MB-D8ACD637FD6B2FB1 - Taken by tav7623
PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher GOG -- MB-CB56D7E88EACFC2D - Taken by Tektonic

t1404526489z1.png

Speevy

Banned
Thank you, if you find anything that would be nice! And I guess I could use this as a last resort though I already dumped the logo from inside the game with GeDoSaTo and have a setup in mind for it but I can't make the planet's atmosphere blend properly with the space around it and as a hobby graphics designer it drives me a bit nuts... :p

Use all those gifs that people posted of it for sure.

Uhh...anyone have a few of those handy?

pahamrick

For the new page

ModBot said:
Instructions for pahamrick:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher 2 GOG -- MB-D8ACD637FD6B2FB1 - Taken by tav7623. 4 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher GOG -- MB-CB56D7E88EACFC2D - Taken by Tektonic. 1 entrants total.

t1404526489z1.png

Hugstable

Banned

I just saw your edit, that's not bad, I might be able to use this for something else in the OT, thanks! :D

Something like this image, but maybe cropped or smaller or something. And if anyone knows Photoshop they could also add Neogaf OT or something to it.

I originally edited it into my original post for some reason, but yeah this is what I found on when I went searching for official art and logo. Not really much there to choose from, but hey it atleast has the logo in english! I was also thinking that we could use the logo with any of the great looking screenshots from the game itself, which this picture is.

Edit: Whoops he already saw my original edit. lol

Great giveaways today guys!

Have any of you played Breach And Clear? Thought i'd try and play a couple of random games i have and this happened to come up, it's pretty interesting so far. It's kind of an RTS version of CS:GO to put it plainly and it's pretty well done.

Khronico

Great giveaways today guys!

Have any of you played Breach And Clear? Thought i'd try and play a couple of random games i have and this happened to come up, it's pretty interesting so far. It's kind of an RTS version of CS:GO to put it plainly and it's pretty well done.

Great game, I have it on my Note 3. Would you say it's worth it on PC?

Something like this image, but maybe cropped or smaller or something. And if anyone knows Photoshop they could also add Neogaf OT or something to it.

I originally edited it into my original post for some reason, but yeah this is what I found on when I went searching for official art and logo. Not really much there to choose from, but hey it atleast has the logo in english!

I edited my post aswell after I saw your edit so we posted a little side-by-side of each other so I will repost too D:

I backed Divinity: Original Sin on Kickstarter and a second key came with my teir - one that I have no real use for. I also threw more money on my pledge for add-ons than I thought I did, so I have yet another spare key on top of that. Rather than let the keys rot, to GAF they go!
I also threw in a NS2 copy that's been rotting in my Steam inventory.
All that positive feedback Divinity got makes me curious. You are a generous guy.
This being a top-down crpg means it'll likely run on older hardware too I hope.
For the new page
Oh, Witcher 2!

Reasking from earlier:
Has Steam a global voice-chat system or how do you guys talk with each other in-game? Would be very useful especially in co-op games.

Hugstable

Banned
I edited my post aswell after I saw your edit so we posted a little side-by-side of each other so I will repost too D:

Really like this pic also that I got during one of the short cutscenes.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=280212204

Shadownet

Banned
You're not down to beat the game.

LOL

no but I promised I'll put 10 hours into it. which I will :p

-----------------

So I didnt eat a hamburger or a hot dog today, no firework either. I guess the only American thing I'll be doing tonight is eat Apple Pie and watch Die Hard.

Amzin

I backed Divinity: Original Sin on Kickstarter and a second key came with my teir - one that I have no real use for. I also threw more money on my pledge for add-ons than I thought I did, so I have yet another spare key on top of that. Rather than let the keys rot, to GAF they go!

I also threw in a NS2 copy that's been rotting in my Steam inventory.

Awesome giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom