• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone think that maybe in the TellTale Game of Thrones game we'll play as Hodor and every dialogue choice in the game will be Hodor with different inflections??

I think that we should sacrifice Telltale's Game of Thrones game for a CDPR-developed ARPG instead.

squidyj

Alright reposting time for my Payday 2 Big Bank Heist DLC since it's closing in on the final hour and to let other SteamGaffers know. Felt a little bad about just giving just DLC with all these other amazing giveaways though that I decided to add a little extra more!

Happy 4th of July everyone!!!!

you're a little late for Canada Day but that's okay, I forgive you.

JaseC

That's also the game that has been unintentionally released and they are trying to get Valve to remove it from the store

http://steamcommunity.com/app/310870/discussions/0/45350245212141485/

Ah, this triggers the content warning Dusk mentioned yesterday:

header.jpg

Community content for this product may not be appropriate for all ages, or may not be appropriate for viewing at work.

And naturally I just bought the game.

Zia

Anyone think that maybe in the TellTale Game of Thrones game we'll play as Hodor and every dialogue choice in the game will be Hodor with different inflections??

Gearbox to write Telltale's Game of Thrones in addition to the Borderlands spin-off.

--

Man, I really wanted to (finally) sit down and play RE4HD before I left town tomorrow, but Valve is seriously dominating all of my video games time with their recent and wonderful updates for TF2, Dota 2 and GO. It feels like the early 2000s again, when all I played were Half-Life mods and Warcraft III.

Beelzebubs

TellTale could probably make a great dt game.

The only issue is they wouldn't adapt the books, they'd have to do a spinoff tale or else the ending would put people off.

Would be great to see something in that universe though. Well whichever universe/reality the spinoff character is in :p

JaseC

I only have 6.79 left on steam... Debating buying it, selling it for more in a few weeks...

I wouldn't bother since the game is set to release early next year. Mind you, considering that the game is already purchaseable, there's a small chance that the existing version will be tagged as an alpha and a new app will be created for the final release, which itself will be added to the existing sub so current owners receive it at no additional cost, similar to Galactic Arms Race.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I know you're reading this, Sumpokapow. What's the highest number of entrants for a single game?

It wasn't recorded for the first little while, but it looks like since it was logged:

Mokoi's giveaway of Dark Souls II (won by Black Soma) - 333
InfiniteNine's giveaway of Metal Gear Rising (won by tuesday) - 285
InfiniteNine's giveaway of Metal Gear Rising (won by wetflame) - 279
InfiniteNine's giveaway of Metal Gear Rising (won by Sajjaja) - 270
Dusk Golem's giveaway of Resident Evil: Revelations (won by C00kie M0nster) - 254

Final reminder. FYI, i think the psn code will be an easy win, playstationgaf is pretty quite. Remember that the code gives you both the ps3 and vita version.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Retro City Rampage US PSN Code -- MB-9450305C9C71AE3F - Taken by Sajjaja. 6 entrants total.
Retro City Rampage Steam Code -- MB-990E8926569F3695 - Taken by L.O.R.D. 10 entrants total.

t1404536208z1.png

Hugstable

Banned
Reposting final time for the new page and since time is winding down on the Big Bank Payday 2 DLC

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Payday 2: The Big Bank Heist -- MB-4BE6B9B03AF7A10F - Taken by DunderHassan. 27 entrants total.

BigBank.jpg

t1404534411z1.png

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Portal -- MB-097EAC4332D6AB89 - Taken by WinterDemons
Dead Island Epidemic -- MB-D0436B765989A042

t1404540222z1.png

Happy 4th of July everyone!!!!

Grief.exe

I have a 560Ti as well. I feel like I'm going to need something more powerful sooner rather than later.

I'm crossing my fingers and toes that the 870 hits before AssCreed Unity.

Witcher 3 will be my first need, but will be nice to have a new card for the massive deluge of games coming at us this Fall.

Probably will end up selling it when the 900 line comes out, assuming they are 18/20 nm.

JaseC

I just got my 770 in April and it's already tempting to wanna move up to an 870 when they come out -__-

I debated over moving up to the 4GB 770 myself but ultimately figured I could survive with 2GB cards until the 870. I really do regret not coughing up the premium for 4GB cards, though.

I debated over moving up to the 4GB 770 myself but ultimately figured I could survive with 2GB cards until the 870. I really do regret not coughing up the premium for 4GB cards, though.
I kinda feel the same way. Although if I'd known to not necessarily follow GAF's advice on that issue I would have sprung for a 4GB card. Ah well.

Shadownet, I still have a 760 as well. (well not still, I just got it in February...)

One thing's for certain: the writers on this project, whether or not they worked on SMAC, know exactly how to develop this game's backstory. Each of these profiles has a different style most suited for discussing a faction's strengths and failings, in addition to developing the faction leaders themselves. The factions themselves seem more straightforward than those from SMAC, but that's to be expected with the cleaner, more global selection of spacefaring pioneers.

One thing I like is that even though there are distinct factions with fleshed out back stories and personalities, the sponsor nation doesn't solely define a faction's playstyle over the course of an entire game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/12/c...he-new-factions-aliens-technology-and-more/2/

Will Miller: Replayability is also very important. Just those few decisions you make in the very beginning of the game can dramatically change how your trajectory will be throughout the rest of it. If you can imagine how your playstyle will be changed by that, imagine also interactive AI opponents that are also similarly altered. We really liked the strong personalities of Alpha Centauri. People really latched onto that, we wanted to keep that. Our leaders definitely have personalaties that you can latch onto, both for their fiction and for their gameplay implications, so there's still the Genghis Khan leader that's a little more truculant than the rest of them but he may have taken different loadout options from one game to another, so you can't always predict what they're going to do, but you can get a hint. We never want there to be a critical path through this game. We never want there to be this very quick analysis of the map at the beginning, and I build this and I research that and I build this building, etcetera. We want it to be a much more adaptive, organic experience.

The sponsor nation can inform a playstyle but the loadout chosen for the initial colony and then, later, the affinity chosen will also impact and change how factions play from game to game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Congrats to Nabs and PandaPandaPanda who won the two Divinity OS games that just got given away.

Actual leaked mod conversation:
00:22 EmCeeGramr looks like nabs
00:22 EmCeeGramr "nabbed" it!
00:22 quincognito who is nabs
00:23 Gotchaye some filthy lurker who has no business being in the raffle, probably
00:23 Y2Kev he’s about to be PERMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom