• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it when you get a game on the cheap (Payday 2).

Then you like this game.

Then you look at all the DLC.

Then you see the cost of 1 DLC pack is as much as you paid for the base game.

It wasn't recorded for the first little while, but it looks like since it was logged:

Mokoi's giveaway of Dark Souls II (won by Black Soma) - 333
InfiniteNine's giveaway of Metal Gear Rising (won by tuesday) - 285
InfiniteNine's giveaway of Metal Gear Rising (won by wetflame) - 279
InfiniteNine's giveaway of Metal Gear Rising (won by Sajjaja) - 270
Dusk Golem's giveaway of Resident Evil: Revelations (won by C00kie M0nster) - 254

Oh, okay, thanks.

Hugstable

Banned
Here I am still at 760 and you guys are talking about 800+ cards..

No need to worry yet as they probably won't be out til later in the year.

I debated over moving up to the 4GB 770 myself but ultimately figured I could survive with 2GB cards until the 870. I really do regret not coughing up the premium for 4GB cards, though.

Yeah it was a tough decision for me also, but I ended up going with the 4GB model since it was only $50 more when I had bought it. Really loving the power on it though compared to my original video card it replaced which was a Radeon HD 6870.

AngerdX

Morning, wow does it suck coming of a night with migraine, really want to play but can´t bring myself to do it atm, still hope to get some game time today.

I´m still running my 5870 and havn´t really felt the need to upgrade yet, but witcher 3 will make me do it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My 760 is almost overkill since I seem to barely play anything graphically intensive these days.

My 2900XT lasted me a good four years or so since just about all I played was CS: Source. I replaced it prior to "rediscovering" PC gaming, but only because it kicked the bucket and I didn't see the point in buying something that was more powerful. In hindsight it would have been wiser to have bought my 570 then, but there's no use crying over spilled milk. ;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
One of my favorite Steam profiles got updated.

They featured the badge "A Grand Cup Of Earl Gray".

fff-joy-picard-1.jpg

Finally finished the "campaign" (so far) on Broforce. Loved the final levels - that ground-stomping boss was awesome, and the game in general was way more expansive than I thought. Can't wait for more updates.

Ventara

I've got a 770 2GB. Kinda regret not going for the 4GB one. I at least hope it can run Witcher 3 well, since I'm not planning to upgrade anytime soon.

Zalusithix

Neat, thanks for Natural Selection 2, Zalusithix!

Grats! =) I figured anybody going for NS2 would have a good chance given most would be targeting the D:OS listings. What I didn't expect to see was that the D:OS listings had different amounts of entries. Given the rules, I would have expected everybody to double up on them to give themselves two chances.

JaseC

I'm not a crazy PC guy but how good is a 760 nowadays? Can I run Mordor and Witcher 3?

I think the 760 will fare well with Mordor, but I'd expect to have to dial down quite a few settings for TW3. It's impossible to say until the games have been released, really.

Shadownet

Banned
I think the 760 will fare well with Mordor, but I'd expect to have to dial down quite a few settings for TW3. It's impossible to say until the game has been released, really.

If it help I usually turn off bloom and motion blur anyway?

Have the official PC requirements been released for those games yet?

JaseC

CD Project said W3 is 1080p 30fps on Ps4 on high settings, so GTX770 should be alright.

If only he had one. ;)

If it help I usually turn off bloom and motion blur anyway?

Sure, a bit.

Have the official PC requirements been released for those games yet?

Mordor's are on the game's store page, however it's been donkey's years since system requirements have been meaningful.

Scythian

All this talk about 700 series cards running medium is making my 570 shake in its boots.

Imagine my poor 650, I've been meaning to upgrade, but when I compare the price to buying another console; I just see better value to get possibly a Wii U this holiday to a new graphics card. Also I still have to finish The Witcher 2 :B

Shadownet

Banned
If only he had one. ;)

Sure, a bit.

Mordor's are on the game's store page, however it's been donkey's years since system requirements have been meaningful.

Damn.. Maybe I should upgrade. Even though I built this computer barely a year ago. But mam a graphic card is expensive. 500+

I backed Divinity: Original Sin on Kickstarter and a second key came with my teir - one that I have no real use for. I also threw more money on my pledge for add-ons than I thought I did, so I have yet another spare key on top of that. Rather than let the keys rot, to GAF they go!

I also threw in a NS2 copy that's been rotting in my Steam inventory.

!!!

i can't believe I won

been having a awful week so this definitely brightened my day

thanks so much zalusithix

JaseC

My uneducated guess.

Mordor - Highest with AA off
Witcher - Mix of Medium and High, play with settings at your discretion.

The 780M is somewhere between a 660 and a 760 on the desktop side. I'd say a mix of medium and high at best.

Edit: For Mordor, I mean.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom