• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
*boots up Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, goes to free battle, goes to character select

Naruto-shocked.gif

there are EIGHTY SEVEN characters in the game (most are locked) o_O I dont even know any of these people :( Maybe I should have watched more than just vanilla Naruto up to Gaara lol

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Don't know if this was posted before, but since Under Night In-Birth (a Japanese 2D fighter by the Melty Blood developers) was confirmed for US PS3 release by Aksys, I checked around and saw this:

https://twitter.com/fura_pan/status/460146439620804608

Where the developer says a PC version mght be possible if there's enough demand.
So feel free to tweet at them if you want to see this on PC. :)

I know Nyu Media have mentioned being interested in putting this out as well.

under_night_birth_orie_001_thumb.jpg

Crawl is coming to Early Access July 17th
Announcement trailer
test21C.gif

TIGForum Devlog if you want to read about the game's development: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=35191.0

Both games look great.

Arthea

LOL, F5 man, F5.

I still can't believe that I haven't saved at least before digging (><)

It got too hot for your characters?

*You can set the amount of quicksaves before the game starts to recycle them.

Start posting about the game you are currently playing. Problem solved.

I see you know what I'm talking about from own experience (><)

I can? I haven't noticed, need to check again. I wish text wasn't this small...

velociraptor

Speaking of categories and games, it would be really nice if Steam had a 'Hidden' Tab. I just want games that I hate to be hidden from my games section :\

Arthea

Speaking of categories and games, it would be really nice if Steam had a 'Hidden' Tab. I just want games that I hate to be hidden from my games section :\

you need to face your fears and remember your enemies. It'll make you stronger!

It's one of things, you people want, that I don't need, I have my infamous NOPE category for that, and I sometimes look into it, to remember how bad things can be.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man those Cyber Connect guys really know how to make a game look like an anime dont they? good lord these UNS games look amazing

I need to win the lottery so I can buy Cyber Connect and make them work on a One Piece game :(

Chariot

*boots up Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, goes to free battle, goes to character select

there are EIGHTY SEVEN characters in the game (most are locked) o_O I dont even know any of these people :( Maybe I should have watched more than just vanilla Naruto up to Gaara lol
The hell is vanilla Naruto?

jpTZhjeqULnZ1.jpg

Definitly not this guy.

MadGear

Agree, thats the only feature I'd need for my library besides the favorites category. Games like Medal of Honor, Saints Row 2 ... are just polluting my library and theres no way I'll ever play these games (i actually tried MoH but nope, not worth my time).
It would also be helpful for games like Company of Heroes because it actually has one entry for the old version (which used THQ servers for multiplayer) and a seperate entry for the new steam version. I believe its the same for games that received a GOTY Edition.

pahamrick

Agree, thats the only feature I'd need for my library besides the favorites category. Games like Medal of Honor, Saints Row 2 ... are just polluting my library and theres no way I'll ever play these games (i actually tried MoH but nope, not worth my time).
It would also be helpful for games like Company of Heroes because it actually has one entry for the old version (which used THQ servers for multiplayer) and a seperate entry for the new steam version. I believe its the same for games that received a GOTY Edition.

I'd like that, and the ability to drag and drop game entries to rearrange. I don't even need the ability to rename them, just let me drag and drop.

Rhaknar

Polluting your library...lol. Its just videogames, not the Louvre

Anyway, Naruto and Killer is Dead having japanese language options is both surprising and welcome. More games need this

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Anyway, Naruto and Killer is Dead having japanese language options is both surprising and welcome. More games need this

They want a Zen Library and hide everygame except Bad Rats.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I still can't believe that I haven't saved at least before digging (><)

I see you know what I'm talking about from own experience (><)

I can? I haven't noticed, need to check again. I wish text wasn't this small...

Yeah, I saved right before though. I thought the doctor was going to run out and attack me. lol, I didn't expect what actually happened.

Hit "Esc">Options>Game: Scroll to the bottom of the page.

Ha! So you'll be hungover tomorrow then? ;) I can't have alcohol due to medication I take.

You're not alone. But that's only because we're having the big family BBQ today...

I'm keeping my eye on you two.

Morning guys!
Now the long struggle of trying not to buy anything on steam for an entire day.

bunk-the-wire.gif

Well yeah that too I guess, I can sort of relate, I can't sleep very long lately :/

Here you go!

Chariot

Man, you guys make me somewhat hot for Divinity: OS and I have yet to finish just one of the stuff I got from the Sale including the many generos gifts. First world problems.

Rhaknar

Killer is Dead first "level" (if you played it you know what I mean) sure gave me a good first impression, love the style. Game looks gorgeous too, dem PC ports man

we need more :(

velociraptor

you need to face your fears and remember your enemies. It'll make you stronger!

It's one of things, you people want, that I don't need, I have my infamous NOPE category for that, and I sometimes look into it, to remember how bad things can be.

The OCD in me cannot handle this many unfinished games!

A hidden category is better than a NOPE category - when I click 'Library', I see all the games that I detest so much by default :p

Why bother with categories? I like seeing the numerous images of all types of games and scroll just for fun.
How do you get zero space between images though? I'm on metro but the slider doesn't go till zero space.

Tenrius

This is false. The second category button to the left of your party member's inventory, in the barter window, will switch to the currently equipped equipment. You can tell the merchant to repair them while they are equipped. Clicking on the other buttons will cycle through the other categories of content in your inventory.

That's nice then. Still, the interface is pretty bad in this game.

You can pay most merchants to repair your armor, some of the flavor merchants like the cheese vendor will not repair equipment; it doesn't have to be a Legionnaire. Who ever told you this has no idea what they're talking about.

I didn't say it had to be a legionnaire, it's just that random legionnaires are in fact willing to repair your equipment. Which is not particularly logical. And nobody told me that, I discovered this exciting fact on my own.

I do feel the whole durability system is redundant in this game, as well as weight. With the amount of stuff you have to sort as it is, it's not exactly nice to introduce the concept of overencumbrance into the game.

The game is pretty good, by the way, although maybe a bit simplistic with its quests.

I'm downloading neotokyo right now and wanted to dl sven co-op, too. But there is no version info on steam. Is it better to get it from moddb?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
When I get home from vacation I'm going to blast through Shovel Knight and then probably jump on Divinity. Or maaaayyybe Killer is Dead depending on the mood

MadGear

Well to me thats like you were to create a desktop shortcut for everything you install even for programs you use rather infrequently or keep shortcuts to programs you already uninstalled. I don't want to argue about semantics but to me thats also some sort of pollution, but i just should have called it a waste of space :D I want to keep stuff like that "clean" and efficient and when browsing through my library, why should i always need to look at stuff I'll never use anyway. Granted I had the option to not add certain games to my library but hey, i really thought i would play through Medal of Honor.

JaseC also mentioned that newer F2P games now permanently stay in your library. I actually like to try out certain F2P games, but I don't need to be reminded of them after i played them and maybe removed them because i didn't enjoy them (so i actually prefer the way the handled F2P games before). So i guess an option to hide games wouldn't be that bad :)

BruteUA

For the record, at least in its current EA state, Tango Fiesta is pretty bad. It isn't a top-down twin stick Broforce at all. Hopefully it comes together later in it's development, but right now I'm glad it only cost me Playfire credit.

edit: forgot the game title. I blame my phone.

inm8num2

Ugh I got a Dino D-Day foil a couple weeks ago and listed it for roughly $1. Now the prices are down to $0.20. I may have to write that off on the taxes! :p

Tizoc

Crom gladly offers you the chance to win Wicher 3
Good day GAF

arnold-schwarzenegger-conan-the-barbarian-movie-image-21.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
Strider -- MB-0471FC72CBE17247 - Taken by xptoxyz
t1cxE6r.gif
PGP3OVL.png
Torchlight GOG Key -- MB-5142E4CD0E69FC96
t1cxE6r.gif
Killer is Dead -- MB-7E1D8229466B52AC - Taken by _hekk05
t1cxE6r.gif
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- MB-7C1002076D7E7029 - Taken by Nete

t1404588134z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.