• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trolho

Neo Member
Well Well looks like we know what to do next time we play.

Yup. Just tested it and no random people are joining my game. I just can't seem to open my console on this computer to kick the bots, even though I have it set to enabled on the options menu.

stuff and thangs
mLn1SAu.gif

yYoUu3X.gif

xLjk8Uk.gif

yGray

Banned
I was surprised more people didn't. Seems Snow gets pissed at you either way!

I did the first time but immediately reloaded because I wanted to go for a no kill playthrough. No point in killing people in a murder investigation and murder is a huge thing for fables(like it is for humans obviously)

trolho

Neo Member
Where do you people get all these pics? It seems like an awful lot of work to host a bunch of pictures off the hard drive just for a post. lol

Eh, I don't have the energy for an image war, and it kinda shits up the thread. Sorry Shadow.

I already have your response, though so don't google around: http://i.imgur.com/txGRu9Z.gif
Where do you people get all these pics? It seems like an awful lot of work to host a bunch of pictures off the hard drive just for a post. lol
mine were already on my imgur.
Okay Neogaf Casual Breakout: All Insertion, All Day.
NOPE

Turfster

The internet is full of already hosted images. A quick "something you want to express site:imgur.com" usually helps you find something relevant.
They do however shit up the thread if people post nothing but memes and reaction images, though.

Well that's it, I'm done buying "high end" keyboards and mice. After less than a year my Steel Series mechanical keyboard had keys become unresponsive and simply stop working. It was clean, never had anything spilled on it or anything heinous like that, it just stopped working properly. For a gaming keyboard the R key died pretty quickly. Before that it was my Razer keyboard and mouse, both looked fancy, glowed blue in the dark like my tower, looked slick as shit and stopped functioning properly in little under a year. Razer are like the Skull Candy of the PC peripheral world. Meanwhile the cheap and generic as crap looking Logitech and Microsoft mice and keyboards I buy seem to be built like brick shit houses.

The only thing I've spent good money on peripheral wise that have been worth it are my headphone/mic sets, those have been worth every damned penny.

We got a server now?

Nah, just invite each other to a party and set the privacy setting to private. If people want to play on a drop in drop out server I can look into getting one set up on my PC. Dunno how bad the lag will be.

I think its better we just use the party system since there only seem to be 10 or so players on SteamGAF and we all seem to play at the same time.

Hugstable

Banned
Nah, just invite each other to a party and set the privacy setting to private. If people want to play on a drop in drop out server I can look into getting one set up on my PC. Dunno how bad the lag will be.

Hey if that still works that would be awesome so atleast we can have private matches with just us at times so we can practice.

trolho

Neo Member
Well that's it, I'm done buying "high end" keyboards and mice. After less than a year my Steel Series mechanical keyboard had keys become unresponsive and simply stop working. It was clean, never had anything spilled on it or anything heinous like that, it just stopped working properly. For a gaming keyboard the R key died pretty quickly. Before that it was my Razer keyboard and mouse, both looked fancy, glowed blue in the dark like my tower, looked slick as shit and stopped functioning properly in little under a year. Razer are like the Skull Candy of the PC peripheral world. Meanwhile the cheap and generic as crap looking Logitech and Microsoft mice and keyboards I buy seem to be built like brick shit houses.

The only thing I've spent good money on peripheral wise that have been worth it are my headphone/mic sets, those have been worth every damned penny.

Dude, Logitech M100 mouse. I'm on my second one. My first one took a lot of abuse and still worked perfectly, before I lost it somewhere that is. And I actually find it very good for FPS's.

Turfster

Well that's it, I'm done buying "high end" keyboards and mice. After less than a year my Steel Series mechanical keyboard had keys become unresponsive and simply stop working. It was clean, never had anything spilled on it or anything heinous like that, it just stopped working properly.
Yeah, I kinda hate my steelseries 7G keyboard.
It has the shittiest spacebar design ever, with the key jumping off the switches and becoming stuck between the other keys every 10 minutes, it seems.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I need a new keyboard too.. kid spilled sprite all over my CMStorm.. the cherry brown version.

The kids won't stop sticking.. tried multiple times to clean it up... broke the left Alt key too (trying to clean.. I messed up and it got stuck.. I got it unstuck.. but it's broke).

Anyone know of any deals out there?

I'd prefer Cherry Browns or Greens... no reds.. those suck.

I never played much Source, but I used to play 1.6 alot and my skills have definitely degraded. I think if I keep playing I'll get back into the groove overtime, like I still did a little bit better than I did yesterday, but it was still pretty bad overall lol. Phoenix got headshotted me with a Deagle when I was aiming at him with an AWP -_-

Oh dear... well it's good that you get the hang of the game again :) I probably would be able to atleast get the tactics down again but I'm not sure, my only relative comparison I have is Battlefield 4 and that game is hit and miss for me in terms of my own skill level :p

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
WASD, Das or Ducky worth the premium over the component gaming brands? (thermatake, coolermaster, rosewill, etc?)

Can we keep the tumblr stuff to a minimum please, unless you're intent on speeding these Steam threads off to Community.

Yeah, I kinda hate my steelseries 7G keyboard.
It has the shittiest spacebar design ever, with the key jumping off the switches and becoming stuck between the other keys every 10 minutes, it seems.

I had a 6GV2, it was great up until some of its keys just stopped working. Never had any mechanical issues with it like that. I miss how chunky its keys were already tho.

I will never buy Razor products again for that reason. Went through 3 mice with them and each one shit out one me after 8 months of use everytime. Had the Copperhead and the Deathadder, and both were just not good. The deathadder ended up having a problem where every click would register as 2-3 clicks.

Since then I went with Logitech G400, and I haven't had a single problem on this mouse at all which is nice. Boght a Logitech G710+ Mechanical Keyboard over a year ago that has been serving me very good also. Looking into replacing my mouse again soon though, kinda want to go wireless now.

Deathadder was exactly what I had as well (along with a Lycosa keyboard), had a similar problem but reversed. It would take 2-3 clicks to register 1.

Hugstable

Banned

I will never buy Razor products again for that reason. Went through 3 mice with them and each one shit out one me after 8 months of use everytime. Had the Copperhead and the Deathadder, and both were just not good. The deathadder ended up having a problem where every click would register as 2-3 clicks.

Since then I went with Logitech G400, and I haven't had a single problem on this mouse at all which is nice. Boght a Logitech G710+ Mechanical Keyboard over a year ago that has been serving me very good also. Looking into replacing my mouse again soon though, kinda want to go wireless now.

I've always wondered why more large publishers don't do this.

You have enough money for 600 person development teams, why not budget for 20 more to do another game with a smaller scope. The budget hit would be nearly negligible and the publisher could end up with another lucrative series under their control. Rife for exploitation.

Because, generally speaking, the logistical costs of managing the small titles outweigh the presumed benefit from releasing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom