• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

not until someone dons this avy
c49n5Pw.jpg

not Moe enough

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
That's why I like my avatar, I can change it but I will always keep that Huggy Border so it will usually be recognizable. I like my current avatar too much so it's probably gonna stay, but here's my OG avatar.

And for the record, I had my avatar for a month before the Alpacalypse!

I like the idea. I should stick to skeletons. Let me get an Ariana Grande avatar.

Shadownet

Banned
That's why I like my avatar, I can change it but I will always keep that Huggy Border so it will usually be recognizable. I like my current avatar too much so it's probably gonna stay, but here's my OG avatar.

And for the record, I had my avatar for a month before the Alpacalypse!

Ima stick to Green Ranger or Saoire Santa after this debacle is over :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
And 50 hours later, Risen is done, one more game out of the backlog. I had a lot of fun, but the final boss was lame. Not that I have it, but I heard Risen 2 was significantly worse than the original? Anybody here who played it want to confirm or deny that?

While it is worse than the first, pretty much undeniably, I still enjoyed it quite a bit.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Antichamber -- MB-8DFAC423B96E7775 - Taken by Unicorn. 2 entrants total.

t1404618350z1.png

yGray

Banned
Just played through the first four episodes of The Wolf Among Us. They're pretty short but great. Can't wait for episode 5 on Tuesday

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Goat Simulator worth it for 6 dollars? It seems like a lot of fun, and I can get it for free with my Playfire rewards credit.

It's stupid, and kinda fun. Worth $6? Not really... worth having some beers and playing for a few hours.. yes. It's more a toy than a game though.

And 50 hours later, Risen is done, one more game out of the backlog. I had a lot of fun, but the final boss was lame. Not that I have it, but I heard Risen 2 was significantly worse than the original? Anybody here who played it want to confirm or deny that?

You're making me want to give Risen another shot. I only made it 52 minutes in before writing it off with an "I'll wait for the presumably-more-exciting pirate-themed sequel".

Finally playing AC: Liberation on PC.

Is this game poorly optimized or something? Noticing weird stuttering every so often. (AC3 ran at 60 w/o issues on the same exact rig, and this is a Vita port...)

Tons of artifacts on my ATI card supposedly due to using update to date drivers. Crashes every ~30 minutes. Combat feels terrible.

What a waste of $10.
Yeah, I got some artifacting too on my Nvidia card. I haven't had any crashes, unless you count it popping an error message on close after I messed with the game files to allow downsampling.

Combat gets better as you actually learn stuff. Someone with level 1 combat skills is gonna be shit.

You're making me want to give Risen another shot. I only made it 52 minutes in before writing it off with an "I'll wait for the presumably-more-exciting pirate-themed sequel".

Give it another 52 minutes. The combat is hard at first - you actually have to train sword skill in order to learn how to parry - but over time it gets better.

Ibuki

Banned
Already had this from when it was on Kickstarter.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ballpoint Universe - Infinite -- MB-5754EBA02FA6BB62 - Taken by sotodefonk. 1 entrants total.

t1404619068z1.png

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Tons of artifacts on my ATI card supposedly due to using update to date drivers. Crashes every ~30 minutes. Combat feels terrible.

What a waste of $10.

Game takes a little while to get good... give it a little more time.

tjohn86

I know it was a typo, but man the English language is amazing.

Geez dude. I typed it on my phone. Sorry to offend you.

Yeah, I got some artifacting too on my Nvidia card. I haven't had any crashes, unless you count it popping an error message on close after I messed with the game files to allow downsampling.

Combat gets better as you actually learn stuff. Someone with level 1 combat skills is gonna be shit.

Are you getting a ton of zombies spawning in walls / awkwardly in the environment too? Seems like there are a few bugs that wouldn't pass cert on consoles. Good to know about the combat.

Just tried out all the other popular Steam skins...
Back to Pixelvision for me.

Last I checked Pixelvision hadn't been updated in months...
That's a huge reason I stopped using it.

--

Thinking I might stream while I play. Sniper Elite 3 if anyone is interested... just go to my twitch and check, I guess? :p

I probably won't be in chat much though.

denx

Last I checked Pixelvision hadn't been updated in months...
That's a huge reason I stopped using it.

It's not like it needs updating really. The skin is fine as it is and there hasn't been a change in the Steam client's interface in months.

Anyway, all this talk about Divinity last week made me want to try Dragon Commander. I got the game during that Larian Humble Bundle and it's been sitting in my library since.

Tektonic

Anyone want a "66% OFF Age of Empires® III: Complete Collection" coupon?

Just got one for crafting a bad rats badge. Free to a good home (the coupon, not the badge), just give me your steam id

Also as I redeemed the key for Ballpoint universe from humble bundle, there is hammerwatch on sale for 1.99.

I waited for it, as a flash sale or daily, the last summer sale but it didnt get any, so if anyone want it now is the chance!

Ibuki

Banned
I had this lying around as well, awesome adventure game, got a Blade Runner vibe going on.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Gemini Rue -- MB-3FFB4A1F343C1A22 - Taken by Halo 2. 2 entrants total.

t1404620508z1.png

DogMeat77

It's not like it needs updating really. The skin is fine as it is and there hasn't been a change in the Steam client's interface in months.

Anyway, all this talk about Divinity last week made me want to try Dragon Commander. I got the game during that Larian Humble Bundle and it's been sitting in my library since.

I know the feeling. I thought Dragon Commander looked great and picked it up during the Steam Sale. I got the cards out of it but never played it. Such is the life of Steam GAF I guess.

denx

I know the feeling. I thought Dragon Commander looked great and picked it up during the Steam Sale. I got the cards out of it but never played it. Such is the life of Steam GAF I guess.

Except that this time I actually plan on playing the game *gasp*. I'm downloading the game right now in fact.

Caerith

Risen gets a lot of hate for not being Gothic. Risen 2 gets even more hate because it's even less Gothic than the first Risen.

I enjoyed Risen 2 and thought it was better than Risen in a lot of ways.

Risen gets a lot of hate for not being Gothic. Risen 2 gets even more hate because it's even less Gothic than the first Risen.

I enjoyed Risen 2 and thought it was better than Risen in a lot of ways.

I couldn't get into Gothic because of its janky control scheme. If it had mods to change it, I might give it a try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom