• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombstone

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-D18BACA513014D84 - Taken by ramoisdead. 19 entrants total.

t1404620958z1.png
[/QUOTE]

denx

The gameplay isn't anything special, but the conversation aspect of it is really good.

Yeah, I heard that the RTS battles was the weakest aspect of the game. Not bothered by that tho, I'm playing the game for pretty much everything except the RTS parts (since I'm not big on RTS games anymore).

So? What is it? I'm always curious about this giveaways but never entered....[/QUOTE]

I'm entering just to find out the surprise and I'm pretty sure it's not going to be bad rats.

UncleBiz

speaking of coupons, i have
90% off x3: terran conflict
66% off spirited heat deluxe
2x 25% off pixel piracy

no interest in any of them so let me know if you want them

Geez dude. I typed it on my phone. Sorry to offend you.

Are you getting a ton of zombies spawning in walls / awkwardly in the environment too? Seems like there are a few bugs that wouldn't pass cert on consoles. Good to know about the combat.
Yeah, that happens on the 360 version too. You kinda just have to get used to it. Mostly walls, but not really anything else. Most of the time it's easy enough to tell if they're gonna be able to unclip and come after you or not.

It isn't without it's warts, but it is kind of a B level game. So I accepted it. (and I ended up loving the game despite the problems, so...)

It's all kinds of bullshit, but I was having a blast with Battleblock. Although I imagine I woulda been cussed out and had some bruised arms if we were playing in person xD
Do you guys find people to play? it always show "no games found" and also if I try to host nobody enters :S
I guess you're supposed to try forwarding your ports (the ones listed in some FAQ on the game forum), or adding -tcp to the launch properties of the game. One or both of those is supposed to fix it.

Do you guys find people to play? it always show "no games found" and also if I try to host nobody enters :S

I had that problem since the beta, thats why I don't even bother trying to play online. You can host a game and invite someone but just know that campaign is 2 player co op max, arena is 4

Mighty No. 9 looks like garbage, and I'm worried about this price.

I know people are entitled to their opinions, but this is one of those times I just can't fathom the thought process...

Really? I thought it look great last time I checked. How much are they asking for it?

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/05/30/first-mighty-no-9-gameplay-trailer

I think I backed it for $15 for my Steam copy. Will probably retail for $15 or $20, I'd guess.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

My main issue is that the 3D characters make the game look cheap as hell. It looks rather nice on the 2D art but when I see the game in motion it still looks cheap and lifeless.

These are all expired gifts, so you all get to benefit from the laziness of their original recipients, even if they are all pretty old games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Amnesia: The Dark Descent -- MB-6AC56CAFF4134763 - Taken by topyy. 10 entrants total.
Limbo -- MB-8EF04899FD70E07C
Magicka -- MB-F88EB665F1A34E25 - Taken by Sammichu. 4 entrants total.
Greed Corp -- MB-C9B9C8491B7B77F9

t1404632659z1.png

yGray

Banned
Really? I thought it look great last time I checked. How much are they asking for it?
over $23 for sure.

I know people are entitled to their opinions, but this is one of those times I just can't fathom the thought process...
looks realll bad
My main issue is that the 3D characters make the game look cheap as hell. It looks rather nice on the 2D art but when I see the game in motion it still looks cheap and lifeless.

I agree. All the animations are weird because the drawings look weird. The 3D art really doesn't look right. Plus I'm concerned with how much content it will have when given the price. Especially after playing games like Shovel Knight

I have a rule, if a game takes up more gigabytes of storage than I've spent hours on it, or am likely going to spend in the future, it gets deleted.

PSO2 just got deleted (well, shunted off to an external HDD just in case I want to play it again for whatever reason). I couldn't put my finger on it but I just didn't care for it. And I spent like 300 hours on the first PSO.

dot

NkOKYa7.gif

I'm gonna agree with Frost and say 15-20 bucks.

I know the new crowdfunding campaign is a bit controversial, but i don't really have a problem with it. The game is still getting made and the new funds are used for the bonus content. I have faith in Keiji Inafune and his team to not screw over the backers.

I just wanna play the game already lol.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I have a rule, if a game takes up more gigabytes of storage than I've spent hours on it, or am likely going to spend in the future, it gets deleted.

PSO2 just got deleted (well, shunted off to an external HDD just in case I want to play it again for whatever reason). I couldn't put my finger on it but I just didn't care for it. And I spent like 300 hours on the first PSO.

No full english translation and no localization info kinda fucks up the interest. Now there is an english version just not for us.

Hugstable

Banned
NkOKYa7.gif

I'm gonna agree with Frost and say 15-20 bucks.

I know the new crowdfunding campaign is a bit controversial, but i don't really have a problem with it. The game is still getting made and the new funds are used for the bonus content. I have faith in Keiji Inafune and his team to not screw over the backers.

I just wanna play the game already lol.

Yeah I really just want to play it. I have faith that Inafune won't let the Mega Man fans down :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom