• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
JaseC''s contest had me thinking about something.

What if someone created a giant gift lottery account?

Someone trustworthy creates the account. To enter, you Steam gift the account one game.

The winner gets access to the account.

yGray

Banned
NkOKYa7.gif

I'm gonna agree with Frost and say 15-20 bucks.

I know the new crowdfunding campaign is a bit controversial, but i don't really have a problem with it. The game is still getting made and the new funds are used for the bonus content. I have faith in Keiji Inafune and his team to not screw over the backers.

I just wanna play the game already lol.

They said they're offering it at a special preorder price of $23 that's discounted so..I'd guess $25-30.

Jawmuncher

Still keeping on with Lost Planet 3 and it's way better still than what I was expecting.
It's all solid and not really that much of a betrayal from Lost Planet that I can tell.
First off it's a prequel which lets it get away with how the rigs are and ignoring a lot of the stuff in 1 and 2. Which I think was a good call on their part. Aside from that sure you can't use the grappling hook anywhere, but while cool in LP it never did much aside from help you get to places quicker anyway.

Unless the game takes a drastic turn this is easily at least another decent title from capcom's third party offerings.

iosefe

JaseC''s contest had me thinking about something.

What if someone created a giant gift lottery account?

Someone trustworthy creates the account. To enter, you Steam gift the account one game.

The winner gets access to the account.
Holy crap this a beautiful idea. It would be the embodiment of SteamGAF

dot

They said they're offering it at a special preorder price of $23 that's discounted so..I'd guess $25-30.

Ah, i was leaning more towards the $20 so you're probably right. Glad i backed it already haha.

Yeah I really just want to play it. I have faith that Inafune won't let the Mega Man fans down :D

Apparently the goal is to release it before next year is over? I think that's what i heard. Yeesh....that's really a long wait.

Shadownet

Banned

Jawmuncher

If one of the new stretch goals on the new fundraiser was an option for 2D graphics I would donate $23

Only thing bothering me is his walk cycle.
He's flinging his arms around like he's drunk.

EDIT:Actually he's flinging his whole body like he's drunk

Speevy

Banned
Why don't you guys have Drinky Crow do some giveaways?

Give modbot the night off, play with an underutilized mod account.

This 7 day market lock out is the worst, 3 days until I can buy some damn keys and finally get Divinity, really wish there was a way to just unlock using a Steam guard code or something.

Shadownet

Banned
If one of the new stretch goals on the new fundraiser was an option for 2D graphics I would donate $23

Okay I just saw the new video for it. yeah I'm not saying it look bad? but if there was an option for 2D I would go with it too. I'm sure the final product would look great but its just too shiny for my taste.. I like that old fashion 2D better.

But that's just my thought

yGray

Banned
Okay I just saw the new video for it. yeah I'm not saying it look bad? but if there was an option for 2D I would go with it too. I'm sure the final product would look great but its just too shiny for my taste.. I like that old fashion 2D better.

But that's just my thought

your new icon is so ugly. mr. bean deserves better.

Hugstable

Banned
Ah, i was leaning more towards the $20 so you're probably right. Glad i backed it already haha.

Apparently the goal is to release it before next year is over? I think that's what i heard. Yeesh....that's really a long wait.

So... far... away :(

Anustart

Can't wait to finally order a controller and new gpu next week. Looking forward to playing sleeping dogs and tomb raider, and modding Skyrim.

DogMeat77

Can't wait to finally order a controller and new gpu next week. Looking forward to playing sleeping dogs and tomb raider, and nodding Skyrim.

Which controller are you going with?

I've all but retired my xbox controllers. The DS4 now reigns supreme for me. Having the touch pad is pretty damn convenient.

tombstone

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hydrophobia: Prophecy -- MB-85BA1FB4B25D5B45
Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- MB-1ADCBA21AD1541F3 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 8 entrants total.
Super Sanctum TD -- MB-049E75A6565D68E5 - Taken by iosefe. 1 entrants total.
Anomaly: Warzone Earth -- MB-8B76B5429316F72C - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-67346D74AA377A78 - Taken by Berlok. 2 entrants total.
Trauma -- MB-DA5E4074CBBB5162 - Taken by electroflame. 2 entrants total.

t1404635089z1.png

DogMeat77

What do you use the touchpad for?

Anything you would use a mouse for. Navigating menus, launching games, etc. I play on my TV a lot so it is nice to have since not all games fully support using a controller.

How easy is a Ds 4 to set up? I was gonna go with a 360 pad because its so damn comfy in my mitts.

Pretty easy. DS4Tool and DS4Windows allow you to customize profiles for each game and it makes it pretty nice. The only game I had "trouble" with was Dark Souls 1. There was a simple fix that I had to google for a few minutes to find... basically just had to close Steam and open DS4Windows first then open Steam and launch the game. Easy enough.

If you don't like the symmetrical sticks then of course you are best going with what is comfy to you in the 360 controller. I find that DS4 very comfy though.

Mouse input. So games with partial controller support don't need a mouse nearby. I don't really find it useful, but I can see where others might.

How easy is a Ds 4 to set up? I was gonna go with a 360 pad because its so damn comfy in my mitts.

Pretty easy. I loathe the 360 pad -- best I can say is go to a store with an electronics section and try out both the Xbone and PS4 controllers and go with one of those. The improvements to both are probably worth the cost. Though I still use my DS3 over my DS4.

And my DS4 doesn't have touchpad support because the spinoff projects have caused nothing but issues for me... dropped inputs, random unresponsiveness in the middle of a game... I just use the old DS3 SCP drivers and it works for DS4 too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This 7 day market lock out is the worst, 3 days until I can buy some damn keys and finally get Divinity, really wish there was a way to just unlock using a Steam guard code or something.

If you used a credit/debit card, can you now manually verify the card and this will end the cooldown period.

Hugstable

Banned
Wow, I didn't even think about that, I'll give it a try, thanks!

There was a post after mine saying they are untradable, so I would be careful with that. Thought they would still be tradable so sorry about that. Also you should be able to verify it now by putting in the price of your last 2 purchases like JaseC posted.

Epic Nidhogg fight with Killerdark in local play tonight. In mines we had a 40 to 38 kills match. I ended up with the honor of feeding the worm!

Nabs

I'm usually in a mumble room with friends, so I use one touchpad button for push-to-talk, and the other for screenshots. If I want to use it as a mouse, I just do a two finger swipe and it switches ds4 profiles for me. It's pretty slick.

Sajjaja

I'm usually in a mumble room with friends, so I use one touchpad button for push-to-talk, and the other for screenshots. If I want to use it as a mouse, I just do a two finger swipe and it switches ds4 profiles for me. It's pretty slick.

Now that's cool.

Grief.exe

That is pretty spiffy. I haven't messed around too much with the Touchpad controls.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Love the DS4. Probably my favorite controller ever. Works pretty well with PC, too. I'd like to get some official drivers but I don't see it happening for awhile if ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom