• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jC1aaRAhm7OHe.png

It needed a centerpiece.

scary stuff..

Storm360

I've had these lying here for a while, nothing too special, just left overs from the Humble BI bundle a while ago, since I own Arma X, Arma Gold has aged a little now, but both are nice milsims if you are into them.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Arma II -- MB-27D6DB305095750B - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff
Arma Gold Edition -- MB-DC0D63520A69DF31 - Taken by Gianni Merryman

oipic

15 minutes in the Divinity: OS character creation screens... and I have absolutely NO IDEA what characters to roll with.

Suffering analysis paralysis before even getting the game underway isn't a good sign! I'll come back to it later...

Anyone else have a similar problem? Maybe it's just been too long since I've played a cRPG like this.

Ventara

You can also trade cards with other people.

But you need cards to trade, and that's not really gonna work if you're COLLECTING them yourself. Which just leaves booster packs (super rare) and buying them off of the market.

I think I'll try to collect card sets that have a few cards in them (5-6) with funds from selling cards from larger sets. This way I'll at least be able to craft badges and level up a bit, though it still sucks that I won't be able to craft badges for the games whose cards I sell without paying up.

MTE

So, I checked out in-home streaming today.
From my crusty old desktop to my newer, even less capable netbook.

It worked well! I was surprised actually. Though with a game that demanded a lot of my PC, there was a whole hell of a lot of lag. But there didn't seem to be too much overhead.
the only issue I ran in to is that you really have to be diligent in exiting takes properly, because there's no way to just straight-up kill the game.
I realized when I got back to my main PC that it likely wasn't running anymore because Just Cause 2, Half-Life source and Assassin's Creed were all running in the background.

Overall a pretty good experience, and a way to play games in another room, provided they're not too taxing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There's no way to change the member tag under names though right? Because I could just be...

The Dear Leader
The Deer Leader

That's a bingo. Tags are handed out at the discretion of admins as opposed to being user-set, although mods are able to change their own tags (just not those of others).

Hmm...I might be getting into comics, but I'm not sure if Fraction/Aja Hawkeye's a standard most runs have achieved. It is genuinely interesting stuff, especially in terms of how it fractures chronology within an issue to great effect. No need to wax lyrical on the mental disarray of Hawkeye, I get to experience it as a reader!

So that's why I didn't spend three hours F5ing SteamGAF. Feels good to just read, I think. At least Pizza Dog's better than a lazy-ass mobile port to OSX for Syberia.

City 17

And 50 hours later, Risen is done, one more game out of the backlog. I had a lot of fun, but the final boss was lame. Not that I have it, but I heard Risen 2 was significantly worse than the original? Anybody here who played it want to confirm or deny that?
Risen 2 is more of a pirate game than a Gothic game, it introduces new weapons like muskets, guns, voodoo magic (a very limited kind of magic) which in my opinion have improved the gameplay... if you have played Gothic/Risen games before, it still has two main factions, the inquisition and the natives but they are quite different from inquisition/bandit, militia/mercenary of the previous games.

Overall Risen 1 is the better game, but Risen 2 is a breath of fresh air and in no way "significantly" worse than the original. I recommend it to anyone that's played Risen 1 as there are lots of fun things to do in Risen 2, you will not be disappointed.

Just spent a few hours playing Broforce local three player. So. Much. Fun! I was also surprised at how fun the Explosion Race mode is. Gave tons of laughs even if it took way too many tries for someone to complete each stage.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not gonna lie, I thought I'd screwed myself out of entering your Family Sharing giveaway by only sending the code.

Haha, you can rest easy now. ;) The MB code is what ModBot uses to find the giveaway post in the thread and to determine which key to give out -- the game name isn't part of the process at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom