• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yGray

Banned
Don't listen to those 2 clowns. They shouldn't be allowed anywhere near games let alone be allowed to do reviews. Worst review I've ever watched.

i like their company. they're hilarious at reviewing movies. What didn't you like about their review?

redlacs

happy birthday modbot!

Im' giving away The Ship - 2 Pack Gift
Includes 2 items: The Ship, The Ship Single Player. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Ship Complete Pack -- MB-91EA72528317B34D - Taken by Majukun. 5 entrants total.

t1404672711z1.png

iosefe

I completely freaked out near the beginning when you approach the room
with the TV turned on

I'm weak.
What about when you picked up the
crucifix
and when you went to inspect it deeper, the
light bulb bursts

That really rustled my Jimmies

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Man, ten whole achievements dedicated to the Sniper Elite 3 pre-order mission DLC really makes me bummed out that AMD didn't give it to us with the main game despite it being on our game lists well before launch.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
does anyone know how much changes after
you choose who dies at the start (also that was fucked up, cliched sure, but still fucked up)

Not much. One path gives you the short-circuit ability, the other the lockpick ability; one paths lets you upgrade your armour; the other your maximum health. Little things like that.

MRORANGE

iVz5OFp87Lyk7.png

Thread rules:
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread. Splitting retail packs is fine in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your steam stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.

Dambrosi

Banned
Just wondering, which games/how many games do you people currently have installed?
255. Wait, that's way too many. Time to clear out the ol' game list.

You really shouldn't have more than what you're currently playing or want to play on your games list, but bundles and ModBot (Happy Birthday, btw) make it kinda difficult to keep up.

Here's some humble trash

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Garry's Mod -- MB-D0CF1F42AC30FD65 - Taken by Chezzymann. 10 entrants total.

t1404673431z1.png

EDIT: Wut, I thought I put no lurkers? Oh well doesn't matter.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not much. One path gives you the short-circuit ability, the other the lockpick ability; one paths lets you upgrade your armour; the other your maximum health. Little things like that.

I found
2 statues that upgraded my health
, is that what you guys are talking about?

oh its modbot's birthday? thats neat

my rare achievement showcase disappeared from my profile and I can't select it anymore. Anyone else with the same problem? edit: it's back now

also, I'm getting slowdown in RE4, ugh. Looked up some guides already. Don't want to set it to fix 30fps, but if there's nothing else...

...also really need to get used to these controls lol

rookiejet

Oh man, Nvidia Shield streaming set the resolution down to 800x600 and unpromptedly closed a bunch of unsaved work when I tried to run it, lol

Jesus. I should've known better, I guess.

In any case, it seems clunkier than Steam's In-home streaming, so whatever performance advantage it may've had isn't worthwhile to me. It might be useful for folks that have Android tablets though.

EDIT: It actually uses Steam's Big Picture mode, which's why it was messed up for me because I had already configured Big Picture to use my TV that's connected as a secondary display. I'm guessing it was confused as to which display to resize and stream to the client, because I have Steam's Big Picture mode set to automatically switch the primary display on launch. Still not sure why it closed all of my work though, lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Man, ten whole achievements dedicated to the Sniper Elite 3 pre-order mission DLC really makes me bummed out that AMD didn't give it to us with the main game despite it being on our game lists well before launch.

These sort of promotions rarely come with pre-order bonuses. Most publishers just provide regular retail keys.

I found
2 statues that upgraded my health
, is that what you guys are talking about?

oh its modbot's birthday? thats neat

Yeah.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Happy Birthday Modbot!

Birthday.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Shovel Knight -- MB-4A033BA02665A4BA - Taken by Dambrosi

t1404673522z1.png
2_year_reddit_birthday_and_st_patricks_day_weekend_you_know_what_that_means-39098.gif

Dr Dogg

That's a pretty poor showing. Then again it's kind of saying that it will be sold separately at a later date, well unless Rebellion want to ruffle the communities feathers some more.

iVz5OFp87Lyk7.png

Thread rules:
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread. Splitting retail packs is fine in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your steam stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.

I get the feeling some folks think this thread has transcended rules at this point.

Rhaknar

I get the feeling some folks think this thread has transcended rules at this point.

the game begging is one of the reasons Im bummed out at the thread lately and been cutting my time here, for those that asked yesterday

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
iVz5OFp87Lyk7.png

Thread rules:

Can banning people from a thread be possible if they dont follow the rules? Ive seen some forums that actually can ban by thread but not sure if Gaf can do that.

I dont mean perma but lets say a day or two ban so they learn a lesson.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Maybe it got already mentioned, but Steam keys for "The Howler" are up on the Indie Royale Debut 13 bundle

Dambrosi

Banned
Rhaknar and Ryne, both of you are shining examples to the rest of us here on SteamGAF. I wish I could be as generous.

Well, maybe soon.

And I agree that the begging's gotten a bit out of hand. Even my Astebreed obsession in the Summer Sale thread was mostly joking.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It is done.

hvU8dmx.png

You have leveled this badge to completion.

I'm fairly certain that Strategy First stays afloat solely because of Bad Rats.

some of these games coming out recently would be considered all time classics if they had come out on the system they are emulating. Obviously Shovel Knight recently made me think this, and now Astebreed also. If this was a PS2 or Dreamcast game, it would be considered a Ikaruga style classic these days with the amount of systems it has going on, the attention to score multipliers but not at the cost of playing / finishing the game (the boss timers for score is a good example of this), the look of it, everything.

I was thinking about this too actually. Freedom Planet could have been an acclaimed Sonic homage if it were released on the Genesis.

Just wondering, which games/how many games do you people currently have installed?

I won't post full stats becuase that would clog up the thread too much, but I've got five that I plan to always leave installed for the foreseeable future: Civ V, FTL, Game Dev Tycoon, Sword of the Stars: The Pit, and One Way Heroics. I generally delete games once I'm finished with them.

Happy Brithday Modbot!

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-4119802072C8E7D3 - Taken by PossumMeat

t1404674332z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom