• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

73V3N

Banned
ugh, if I bought something from humble bundle store, is it possible to get a gift link if I forgot to check the "gift" box? I now have this stupid game I was supposed to gift on my account...

Yep it is possible.

tumblr_inline_mvtboyytKG1r09qkf.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
can someone explain this?
I think I got my GAF account back then... lol but didn't frequent the place

That post is from some totally different forum, and it's sad because dude is 33 and clearly depressed and creating a fantasy world where Sonic and Link are his friends and he's announcing his own birthday to get attention online.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ugh, if I bought something from humble bundle store, is it possible to get a gift link if I forgot to check the "gift" box? I now have this stupid game I was supposed to gift on my account...

If you haven't already used the key, you can try asking support to change the order to a gift. I did this recently with Indie Gala (buying a bundle for yourself if you already own it literally does nothing -- the system just eats your order).

I did the same thing yesterday with a copy of Hammerwatch I want to give out.

Turfster

Not for me :/
that's weird :/ i guess you should do what jasec said

There's a difference between bundles (which have separate gift buttons for every key in them if you buy the bundle not specifically tagged as 'gift') and things you bought on the store, which are considered personal and thus not-regiftable if you didn't select 'gift'.
I think your only option is to contact their support and see if they can make it a gift link instead.

Edit: JaseC'd on the previous page.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sgt.Pepper:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sgt.Pepper, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Suguri Collection -- MB-4547BFDFFCAC05AC - Taken by Shadowplay1979. 5 entrants total.

t1404666234z1.png

I'm almost sure this is unused.
crazy.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for The Red Wizard:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Interstellar Marines -- MB-8AFF101C67065DAD - Taken by Mavromatis. 3 entrants total.

t1404666323z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I assume this is still available since I got no receipt

8 Bit Commando -- MB-077443B011421560 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito

DogMeat77

Some leftovers. A few of these have cards.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nosferatu Wrath of Malachi -- MB-71FCD6B703CF374B
Dino D-Day -- MB-E0D3DF2C7792E048
Adventures of Shuggy -- MB-0DDBB030B752ED2B
dream Pinball 3d -- MB-9D4F854F8E72B0B5
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-1354299C83C4AE94 - Taken by nexen
Adventures of Shuggy #2 -- MB-AC07B4E7DDB2C6EC
NPPD RUSH The Milk of Ultraviolet -- MB-623C058782104D5F

t1404676312z1.png

rookiejet

These junky linux wireless drivers keep slowing down my home streaming connection. Whyyy? I don't want to have to get up from bed and play. dreams shattered.

Hugstable

Banned
I can't. I told myself that from now on I will only enter raffle that has game I truly want. Otherwise I rather leave it to other gafers. :)

Btw, I'm getting on soon if you wanna play something bro. Payday 2 maybe??

Yee I'm down. Taking like a 15-20 minute break from the last few rounds craziness. We ended up playing at 3 skull Overkill mode.

Anyone else gonna wanna join in for some Payday 2 craziness?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Any tip on where to pick up steam code for Divinity OS for slightly less than €39.99 ?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dumb question... but is Brook actually in the game?
or does your avatar happen to look like him?

Abyss Odissey is secretely a One Piece game. The main lady is actually Robin

Any tip on where to pick up steam code for Divinity OS for slightly less than €39.99 ?

buy it for 9/10 keys which is about 18euros

Hugstable

Banned
Yeah, fuck Bulldozers, fuck Shields and fuck Discount Sam Fisher twice! Hope somebody goes the Enforcer tree to fuck at least with the Shields :D

Oh man that Sam Fisher agent was something else. Sometimes you don't even get the chance, you just hear the goggle sounds and then BAM, DEAD

Copons

i would take a million alpacalypses, or waifunamis, or saoirsephoons (thats a saoirse typhoon btw) than the shady shit ive seen in this thread for the last few days /weeks.

but mine is a unpopular opinion so like I said, ill just lay low from the thread from now on, its all good

I'm sorry but what kind of shady shit went on in this thread?

Also, I seldom speak my mind about all these derailings, but at cost of appearing as an old grumpy buzzkiller:

I'm usually a great supporter of off topic, sheer mayhem, flaming, trolling and whatnot. And by "usually" and "great" I mean in almost twenty years of internet I've piled up my fair share of temp and perma bans from several (Italian) forums.

So I love waifus, alpacas and saoirses, and I love comparing our games counts, connection speeds and mostly our dicks lengths.

And this thread has been fine with off topic, at least since my arrival (just in time for last year summer sale) to a month ago or so. Borderline manageable, but still, fine.

Now it is not fine anymore. But not because of the off topic, no. This thread has always been a community-like one, and it was/is its greatest perk imho.
This thread has crossed the line because now we are like 5000 regulars.
5000 regulars posting alpacas and waifus and that one drink I always forget its name
yerba?

Now, this is clearly not the opinion of a bunch of users here. I remember someone before the sale telling like "this thread will be unmanageable, see you after the sale". Now I don't even know if those people ever came back. I honestly don't know who really posts here anymore except the dozen or so literal megagivers and Monk because he's always been above anyone else. :)

Chatting with someone here it came up that there are very few ways to safeguard this thread.
One would be opening a sort of mirror Steam OT in Community.
Another would be moving all the chat-like posting over to the actual SteamGAF chat on Steam! :D

I don't know.
I've never had anything to do with a forum this big so fuck, I cannot be confident enough in talking about solutions, but still.

Also I'm not a mod here, so I guess just do whatever you please. :D

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah, fuck Bulldozers, fuck Shields and fuck Discount Sam Fisher twice! Hope somebody goes the Enforcer tree to fuck at least with the Shields :D

Discount Sam Fisher Lol soo the guy from Syphon Filter?

But then again isn't Sam Fisher just a discount Solid Snake?

Last time giveaway for these keys.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

CT Special Forces: Fire for Effect -- MB-029BD757D088523E - Taken by bluechox2
Fortix 2 -- MB-9F2BCDBD5335E66A - Taken by trailmix16
Zooloretto -- MB-0D04077AA7B7DF7B - Taken by Gunstarheroes
Radical Roach -- MB-BF8EEB392F0565C0 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Episode 1 Tides of Fate -- MB-D169419EAAB7E17D - Taken by Henry Swanson
Oil Rush -- MB-DD9BDAD79F8E00E4 - Taken by zeroOman
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC -- MB-1FD5DF970EBD1DC6 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-8D5E6E1238319A99 - Taken by yoshizzle
Pathogen Wars -- MB-44533D2D05A819A5 - Taken by Diedac
Little Farm -- MB-498CA3F4E790966A - Taken by Ventara
Zombie Driver HD Soundtrack -- MB-FC2F17277F359545 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Evopollution #2 -- MB-01651696E8938A5C - Taken by Vlad
Brazen Prototype -- MB-6DFAE3FD964121D5 - Taken by swx
Nightsky -- MB-0B054A654E0D5256 - Taken by bluechox2
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-7F4D9CCE2C13AEE3 - Taken by bluechox2

Rhaknar

I'm sorry but what kind of shady shit went on in this thread?

if you dont see it, why are you worried? if you dont think anything bad is going on, go about your business :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No keys :(

I hate my life

7QcryES.jpg

Ah, shit, sorry. That must be a very recent change as my Apotheon order is less than two months old. Try explaining the situation to Humble/Valve -- they may agree to unlink the key from your account. Be sure to provide evidence of the purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom