• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleBiz

ohh man.. i've been doing free for alls wrong this whole time.. i thought you could put all of them in a single pm. i didn't realize each game had to be a separate pm

Vuze

Oh man, I just saw JaseCs "giveaway" on Griefs twitter feed. Holy balls. I won't enter, but biggest props. I don't even share my steam library with my brother since I'm afraid he would trigger a ban or something heh

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did anyone on Gaf besides Xelios and the Koalamonster have the 2K badge?

Ventara

Oh wow, a Bastion booster pack just arrived in my inventory.
Now to decide to sell or unpack. This is gonna be a looong night...

I'd just sell. The best thing you can get is a foil, right? If so, might as well sell and make a bit more than selling 3 cards individually, unless you're feeling lucky.

Sky Chief

Okay, reposting one more time. Ten minutes to go!!!

Happy Birthday Modbot! In honor here is my first giveaway. I hope I did everything correctly.

Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sky Chief:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Killer is Dead - Nightmare Edition -- MB-E62E4BC57A4CD1C7 - Taken by louiedog. 119 entrants total.

t1404672352z1.png

I like fun, too, but something something be the change you wish to see.

You might be limited to one unclaimed gift pass per email at a time? But you should be able to trick the system by sending them to something like:
heroprinny@gmail
h.eroprinny@gmail
he.roprinny@gmail

Etc. The . in the middle doesn't change where it goes, but it's different enough for Steam to be okay with it.

Won't help if the gift passes are not able to be emailed.
The 6 that booster troopers gave me had this restriction... I ended up begging people to take them off me in trades and such to get them out of my inventory.

BadRamen

Oh wow, a Bastion booster pack just arrived in my inventory.
Now to decide to sell or unpack. This is gonna be a looong night...

People say sell and in my opinion if the amount is a sizable chunk greater than the average of three cards from that series sold separately, then sure, but if the difference is negligible, open them. Cause however low the odds are, as someone will surely point out to you, your foil chances are zero if you sell it. ;)

Basically a foil is a foil is a foil

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
and isnt that over by now?

Half an hour to go. The winner will probably have to wait a while as it doesn't end until 3am here and so I honestly can't be bothered going through the PC authorisation process just yet, haha.

did anyone on Gaf besides Xelios and the Koalamonster have the 2K badge?

Valis (hasn't posted in over a year) and textonly (pops in on the odd occasion to mention a deal) come to mind.

Reposting for those who missed it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-4119802072C8E7D3 - Taken by PossumMeat. 6 entrants total.

t1404674332z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game -- MB-DE5C8523D6D99737 - Taken by Fracas

Anteater

San Andreas is the only GTA game I've played since 3 that I didn't actually finish. I was so PUT OFF by the fact that when I returned to the hood that all the territory I had claimed was no longer mine and I was looking at redoing them all again. I just said "this ain't worth it" and sold the game.

I don't really remember any of those, lol, I remember SA has a lot of random stuff and I just got burned out at some point, I really liked vice city though

Oh, it may have already been posted, but Indiegala's giving out free keys for
Hey, looks like my big chance to win Bad Rats. *jumps in*

I entered for 4, I heard 4 means life

ViviOggi

What's the cooldown between winning games again, 15 minutes or so? Looks like someone stocked up on Bad Rats to guarantee their winning of Killer is Dead
chansub-global-emoticon-60aa1af305e32d49-23x30.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
can you imagine the winner getting banned the moment he won? never ever receiving the code to JaseC account?

Haha, the key I used isn't an actual key -- it just spells "We'll talk about it". PC authorisation is a hands-on process.

DogMeat77

Reposting since its been 2 hours.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

taken

t1404676312z1.png

Dr Dogg

Alright after a meta derail about is the thread moving too fast, which in turn made the thread move faster here's some actual Steam news.

Many moons ago all the Steam mascots, Cyl, Tappet and Roderick (and the other 3 no one cares about) all got profiles and were about a bit on Steam and with their own Groups. The accounts haven't been online in ages, I mean like 3 years ago or longer but I just noticed this...

uGnv5N3.png

He was online 21 hours ago! Also why haven't you accepted my friend request Sir Roderick? :(

Also an anonymous benefactor giving away 15 mystery keys? Yeah we all know what that means.

Haha, the key I used isn't an actual key -- it just spells "We'll talk about it". PC authorisation is a hands-on process.

Doesn't the winner will have to give you their lock and key for their account? As far as I remember you have to login from the same computer at least once to achieve that. It would be quite a plot twist if JaseC were to grab that random account with a message, "Don't be greedy" left in its place?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Basically a foil is a foil is a foil
That sounds logical...
...unless you're feeling lucky.
..and i'm feeling lucky!
I wasn't lucky.

But apparently Bastion's cards go for around 0.14 a piece and the booster pack for 0.32, so it's still a succesfull gamble. ^^
Seven steamcents are still money, y'know.

Ventara

can you imagine the winner getting banned the moment he won? never ever receiving the code to JaseC account?

lol, the bad luck would be off the charts. But can't you still read PMs while banned (I've never been banned, so I don't know)? Or are you talking about a perm?

Shadownet

Banned

I think we need an ambulance on standby though, someone here is about to have a heart attack in less than 30 minutes.

or at the very least do this.

tom-cruise-on-oprah-o.gif

lol, the bad luck would be off the charts. But can't you still read PMs while banned (I've never been banned, so I don't know)? Or are you talking about a perm?

I'm definitely talking about perm.
elle-boys-with-curls-perms-eriq-la-salle-xln-xln.jpg

MUnited83

For you.
Alright after a meta derail about is the thread moving too fast, which in turn made the thread move faster here's some actual Steam news.

Many moons ago all the Steam mascots, Cyl, Tappet and Roderick (and the other 3 no one cares about) all got profiles and were about a bit on Steam and with their own Groups. The accounts haven't been online in ages, I mean like 3 years ago or longer but I just noticed this...

uGnv5N3.png

He was online 21 hours ago! Also why haven't you accepted my friend request Sir Roderick? :(

Also an anonymous benefactor giving away 15 mystery keys? Yeah we all know what that means.

Check any other offline people on your Friends list. It's probably a bug.

AsylumX

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #9 -- MB-0A87D61B550615DF - Taken by alr1ght. 10 entrants total.
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-187B48F5D1F55555 - Taken by KillerDark
Mystery Game #14 -- MB-4F61E76D81805771 - Taken by tylerf. 1 entrants total.
Mystery Game #19 -- MB-933220527532507C - Taken by CassSept
Mystery Game #18 -- MB-EF534673E3FEA864 - Taken by Catshade. 7 entrants total.
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-01974392000EBF7C - Taken by Monooboe
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-5349CDD0376F96FB - Taken by legacyzero
Mystery Game #12 -- MB-2C139558136D8846 - Taken by thePenguin
Mystery Game -- MB-36E3ABF74D26B6BF - Taken by KainXVIII
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-DE45B8FAF84CD485 - Taken by Speevy
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-FBA1E70E52D9475B - Taken by Tellaerin. 5 entrants total.
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-8B6D28CBB31825FA
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-69FA05BBB6F255A6
Mystery Game #17 -- MB-3675E4482CBC1581 - Taken by VikasNarula. 6 entrants total.
Mystery Game #20 -- MB-4E0420A8526BC475 - Taken by swx
Mystery Game #11 -- MB-01B496BB391B1E30
Mystery Game #16 -- MB-ADBD6CCC41848DC9 - Taken by Kaizen. 2 entrants total.
Mystery Game #13 -- MB-904CABDA90792D47 - Taken by Eanan. 6 entrants total.
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-79EDF3A6F6C0764E - Taken by BadRamen
Mystery Game #15 -- MB-95D75167100506E3 - Taken by Sabas. 4 entrants total.

t1404672080z1.png

Please tell us what they are... I always curious about this giveaways...

Eanan

I'll just leave it, I have a friend who's interested to play it anyway and I shared my account with him, I just don't know how to explain buying the game I wasn't going to play, lol

saoirseshrug8njimrkygb.gif

Was just talking about that game "The Forest" in here a few days ago; looks pretty interesting on youtube lets plays. Graphics and atmospher are very good for an early access inidie.

The mystery game I won was Rush by the way if anyones wondering. Thanks anonymous man

Tellaerin

Went for 10 and 17, curious as to what they all were

Looks like I won one of them, so I'll tell you the bad
rats
news in a sec. >.>

Edit: No Rats for me. I am disappoint. : ( On the other hand, Creeper World 3 looks interesting. Thanks, Anon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom