• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1n1st3r

Banned
How does Steam Family sharing work? Lets say If I'm online in a game, can my brother play any other game?

No, it takes all your shared games offline. I think it started out as you described but they reigned it in.

I heard there was a workaround, if you started a shared game and then went offline, but maybe they stopped that too.

tylerf

Someone is trying really hard with the anonymous bundlestuff giveaways to make it in time to enter Jace's contest.

Toki Tori 2 is the cutest game ever. I'm really enjoying playing through it, the puzzles start quite easy but become rather challenging later on.

8vvI6Bx.gif
OWwzi89.gif

I also really like that there is zero handholding in the game, so it allows you to figure everything out yourself.

Such a charming game!
How did you guys like it? I'm currently 5 hours in.

you should try LocoRoco on PSP ... cuteness overloaded :3

Eanan

Is Thief (2014 version) really as bad as some people say it is?

Is it different from the originals, poor controls, etc. or just plain boring, as I find nothing worse than a dull game as I can never finish them.

Its always interested me, and I see you can get it for dirt cheap (2 keys) on some trading sites from the AMD voucher things.

No, it takes all your shared games offline. I think it started out as you described but they reigned it in.

I heard there was a workaround, if you started a shared game and then went offline, but maybe they stopped that too.

Sorry to jump in on the conversation, but if I understand correctly, if I share my library with a family member, my account has to be logged off Steam for them to access my library?

legacyzero

Banned
Yes! U sud pick it up next sale, you won't regret it. Fun combat, interesting world/setting, decent english voice acting, but a brilliant soundtrack!

I think that is what they originally were going for, but couldn't for whatever reason.

Yeah, the orchestra sections blow me away. There's nothing quite walking through the city streets for the first time with that heavy orchestra introducing you to it's world. Amazing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Woodle Tree Adventures has the fastest card drops ever o_O

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats ENCO!

Scoop of the century right there

I'm going to be organizing a private CS:GO game for SteamGAF later today (not sure on time yet). I'll post again later today when we start. Feel free to add me on steam if you want in.

S1n1st3r

Banned
Sorry to jump in on the conversation, but if I understand correctly, if I share my library with a family member, my account has to be logged off Steam for them to access my library?

No, not since they allowed multiple logins.

I share with my brother, and we are both online at the same time, so he can play my games while I'm off watching a movie or something, or vice versa.

Mono

How does Steam Family sharing work? Lets say If I'm online in a game, can my brother play any other game?

If you set it on someone else's computer, then they have acess to all of your games, but only while you're not playing them. Vice versa if they set it up on your computer / Steam account. There used to be an error where you could both play at the same time if someone was in offline mode, but they patched that really fast.

So if you're online in one of your brothers' games, you can play your games like normal, but it won't let you boot up any of your brothers' games. If your brother is playing one of your games and you start up one of your own games, it will give him a warning to get off and then eventually kick him from the game.

I'm family sharing with two others, so let me know if you have any other questions.

Monooboe

Is Thief (2014 version) really as bad as some people say it is?

Is it different from the originals, poor controls, etc. or just plain boring, as I find nothing worse than a dull game as I can never finish them.

Its always interested me, and I see you can get it for dirt cheap (2 keys) on some trading sites from the AMD voucher things.

I LOVED Thief Deadly Shadows, never really played the first two, so I was hyped for the new one but after giving it a chance it didn't grab me at all, there is something missing, can't put my finger on it but the new game just doesn't feel "right", like there is no atmosphere even though the game clearly tries convey it.

Go Enco!

It's probably good I didn't win anyway, already overwhealmed with the amount of games I have to play so I can't imagine how I'd feel with an extra 2500 :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jørdan;119788913 said:
Jeez, never would have thought that as many as 117 would be eligible. You're crazy generous guys.

except I told you thats what most mega giver giveaways get, but ok :p

If you set it on someone else's computer, then they have acess to all of your games, but only while you're not playing them. Vice versa if they set it up on your computer / Steam account. There used to be an error where you could both play at the same time if someone was in offline mode, but they patched that really fast.

So if you're online in one of your brothers' games, you can play your games like normal, but it won't let you boot up any of your brothers' games. If your brother is playing one of your games and you start up one of your own games, it will give him a warning to get off and then eventually kick him from the game.

I'm family sharing with two others, so let me know if you have any other questions.

So, no different games? for example if im playing one game, and my brother wants to play another one, he cant do it? kinda like "only one online" thing?

Mono

So, no different games? for example if im playing one game, and my brother wants to play another one, he cant do it? kinda like "only one online" thing?

Nope, if your brother is in one of his games, you can't play a different one of his games. It's really bad! :/

Jørdan

except I told you thats what most mega giver giveaways get, but ok :p

Never noticed that, maybe 'cause I don't enter them and miss the results. Had to see the result of JaseC's though :p

I think I'd spend more time trying to decide what to play than actually doing so.

Speevy

Banned
the launcher with the settings is great...
I idled it

You mean you just booted it or you ran it in text mode or what?

I wish there was a list of games you could just boot for instant cards. I have over 400 games but I've hardly earned cards from any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom