• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizen

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #9 -- MB-0A87D61B550615DF - Taken by alr1ght. 10 entrants total.
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-187B48F5D1F55555 - Taken by KillerDark. 2 entrants total.
Mystery Game #14 -- MB-4F61E76D81805771 - Taken by tylerf. 1 entrants total.
Mystery Game #19 -- MB-933220527532507C - Taken by CassSept. 1 entrants total.
Mystery Game #18 -- MB-EF534673E3FEA864 - Taken by Catshade. 7 entrants total.
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-01974392000EBF7C - Taken by Monooboe
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-5349CDD0376F96FB - Taken by legacyzero
Mystery Game #12 -- MB-2C139558136D8846 - Taken by thePenguin. 7 entrants total.
Mystery Game -- MB-36E3ABF74D26B6BF - Taken by KainXVIII
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-DE45B8FAF84CD485 - Taken by Speevy
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-FBA1E70E52D9475B - Taken by Tellaerin. 5 entrants total.
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-8B6D28CBB31825FA - Taken by kudoboi. 2 entrants total.
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-69FA05BBB6F255A6 - Taken by PetriP-TNT. 6 entrants total.
Mystery Game #17 -- MB-3675E4482CBC1581 - Taken by VikasNarula. 6 entrants total.
Mystery Game #20 -- MB-4E0420A8526BC475 - Taken by swx. 6 entrants total.
Mystery Game #11 -- MB-01B496BB391B1E30 - Taken by billmcdougal. 1 entrants total.
Mystery Game #16 -- MB-ADBD6CCC41848DC9 - Taken by Kaizen. 2 entrants total.
Mystery Game #13 -- MB-904CABDA90792D47 - Taken by Eanan. 6 entrants total.
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-79EDF3A6F6C0764E - Taken by BadRamen
Mystery Game #15 -- MB-95D75167100506E3 - Taken by Sabas. 4 entrants total.

t1404672080z1.png

thanks for creeper world 3!

Ryne

I love Autosport, it really does feel and play like the old TOCAs and Grid 1. I have only raced the AI in Street and Open Wheel so far.

I love racing the AI, they are tough to pass at the higher difficulties and are quick. Combined with tracks that are very fun to race on, like Mount Tremblant, Autosport Raceway and Okutama (which I love trying to take flat out), Autosport is just fun.

The career mode is nice but does not hold a candle to the career mode in GRID. In Autosport you only sign contracts to drive with other teams, with minimal ability to change the car's handling/sponsors/liveries. You don't have that team building you had in GRID, so you can't hire a teammate, upgrade your car, change sponsors for more XP, etc. In the different disciplines you do tend to race on the same tracks over and over, just with different configurations, which also makes career feel a bit thin. I read that sometimes you get stuck with different events in career that do not align with the path you chosen, meaning that if you choose to do street you get stuck with a drift event. I'm not sure if I will like that, however I haven't come across it yet.

While racing, depending on your settings, you gain XP which is used to unlock higher disciplines. Going without assists, locking your view to cockpit (why would you do that, the cockpits are terrible), and higher difficulties = higher XP gained and faster career progression. You can eventually unlock a GRID league, which is all 5 disciplines combined.

Graphically, the game seems really optimised, I have 50+ fps on a rig with a GTX 580 on ultra settings. It is pretty nice looking, with nice details on the cars (not project cars good). CM did a great job making the racing environment seem alive, with announcers announcing incidents, the crowd cheering, helicopters and other outside events making the tracks seem 'alive'. The cockpits are terrible however, they were just put there to appease those who complained about them missing in GRID 2. They are blurry, the mirrors are useless, and it is a bit distracting for me to drive using that view.

Need to try out online before I give my final verdict, but I do really love the game because of the racing. The racing is pure fun, the packaging can use a little more work.

Pros:

The racing AI is tough at the higher difficulties
Can choose what path in career to take (in a way)
Lots of tracks and cars to use

Cons:
Career mode is a bit thin
The AI are tanks and blind
Cockpits are terrible

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Doesn't the winner will have to give you their lock and key for their account? As far as I remember you have to login from the same computer at least once to achieve that. It would be quite a plot twist if JaseC were to grab that random account with a message, "Don't be greedy" left in its place?

Unless something has changed since the feature entered beta, Family Sharing doesn't work like that -- me logging into their account and authorising my PC wouldn't in turn grant access to my account on the previous PC they'd logged into. For obvious reasons that'd be the ideal method, though. Either I'm going to have to give them my account info or we'd need to set up a remote support instance so I can do it all myself.

Edit: "Give", not "gift". Curse this thread. :p

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

t1404672080z1.png

Also how does modbot number these games, why is the 1st one on the middle?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
last repost since its almost over

Happy Birthday Modbot!

Birthday.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Shovel Knight -- MB-4A033BA02665A4BA - Taken by Dambrosi. 139 entrants total.

t1404673522z1.png
2_year_reddit_birthday_and_st_patricks_day_weekend_you_know_what_that_means-39098.gif

The fuck. This thread moves way too quickly.

I just went to make lunch, 10+ pages.

those posts arent getting old at all >_>

MRORANGE

Okay so feedback from the previous pages summarizes to:

- it's a good idea but it will kill this thread.
- it's too complicated to carry out, new thread won't be worth it.
- This thread is just going through a bad patch and it will die down again,
- Thread can be still be retained if we are more stricter on being on-topic.

The funny thing with the last point is that we always keep saying that to ourselves after each time major off-topic behavior has occurred in the past, it's nothing new, but we don't heed our own advice.

Ryne

Reposting for the last 30 minutes:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Might and Magic Heroes VI Complete Edition -- MB-C1A609EA2CEF4150 - Taken by Htown. 32 entrants total.
Might and Magic Franchise Pack -- MB-B8A554F8A20FF21B - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 36 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Might and Magic Heroes VI Complete Edition was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1404674963z1.png

The funny thing with the last point is that we always keep saying that to ourselves after each time major off-topic behavior has occurred in the past, it's nothing new.

But STEAM gaf is best gaf, what if I want to talk to my STEAM gaf people about dating!

The funny thing with the last point is that we always keep saying that to ourselves after each time major off-topic behavior has occurred in the past, it's nothing new.

I still believe we can make another thread with steam content.

Yakkue

Toki Tori 2 is the cutest game ever. I'm really enjoying playing through it, the puzzles start quite easy but become rather challenging later on.

8vvI6Bx.gif
OWwzi89.gif

I also really like that there is zero handholding in the game, so it allows you to figure everything out yourself.

Such a charming game!
How did you guys like it? I'm currently 5 hours in.

Arthea

I love Autosport...

Pros:

The racing AI is tough at the higher difficulties
Can choose what path in career to take (in a way)
Lots of tracks and cars to use

Cons:
Career mode is a bit thin
The AI are tanks and blind
Cockpits are terrible

Thanks for impressions, I'm not sure if want still. You mention that some tracks are nice, nice tracks can sell me on any racing game. How varied tracks are?
How much xp and upgrades influence gameplay?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How does Steam Family sharing work? Lets say If I'm online in a game, can my brother play any other game?

Concurrent library access isn't allowed, however I expect Valve to eventually loosen this a little bit and allow the account owner and one secondary user to be in-game at the same time (this assumption wasn't a factor behind my decision to give away Family Sharing access to my account, just to be clear).

Monooboe

Agh! I did win mystery game 3!:D First time I've won anything. Did win RUSH, never heard of it but I am very grateful indeed! Many thanks to ModBot and the benefactor! <3

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

Subject 9 #2 -- MB-C70652648D8F90E5
Oknytt -- MB-4DD39AF67C7C2D71 - Taken by almostheathen
Subject 9 -- MB-197E390F36F78330
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe #2 -- MB-ACE072543E3055DB
Gearcrack Arena -- MB-AFC647E286AB4B93 - Taken by Kuroyume
Company of Heroes 2: German Commander - Storm Doctrine -- MB-8534AA00A0EEDE83
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart #2 -- MB-332DF5836022BBE9 - Taken by rainking187
Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Commander - Conscripts Support Tactics -- MB-F85A6CD7CB38861A
Total War: Rome II - Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack -- MB-CAE5F773B5F2E9A4 - Taken by Terra_Ex
Company of Heroes 2: German Skin - Four Color Disruptive Pattern -- MB-943F787DFAA97BE6

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Subject 9 #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Oknytt was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Subject 9 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Gearcrack Arena was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Company of Heroes 2: German Commander - Storm Doctrine was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Commander - Conscripts Support Tactics was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Total War: Rome II - Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Company of Heroes 2: German Skin - Four Color Disruptive Pattern was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Concurrent library access isn't allowed, however I expect Valve to eventually loosen this a little bit and allow the account owner and one secondary user to be in-game at the same time (this assumption wasn't a factor behind my decision to give away Family Sharing access to my account, just to be clear).

I hope you won't regret in having trust.
Will you change your avatar since you're life is changing now?

Dr Dogg

Check any other offline people on your Friends list. It's probably a bug.

Dream killer! Yeah just checked his profile, offline for 1691 days. He's dead isn't he? :(

Thanks for the GRID Autosport impressions. That's a bit of a kick in the nuts about the career mode, was one of my favourite things about the GRID series. Sounds like Autosport has gone the way of DiRT Showdown. I'd love there to be a Gran Turismo/Forza like game on PC that has masses and masses of cars but it seems even PCars and AC, while offering great visuals and gameplay don't have the stable behind them. I imagine it would cost an arm and a leg in licencing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom