• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed my avatar yesterday. Does that count? ;)
Ha, I realized. Wonder what'll happen after actors realize you "focus" on Saoirse once you hit Hollywood :p

On Topic: Neotokyo servers down? Started the game but it didn't find any servers. The setting and atmosphere is exactly what I searched for, too.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Strangely I actually feel rather relived I didn't win the contest and gain access to JaseC's library. Aye money saved to just play his, but I guess I would feel the loss of not feeling like I "owned" those games and a loss of that satisfaction when one buys a game at a great price or given as a gift out of friendship (or whatever Bad Rats is), because I wouldn't feel the need to those games any more.

Such a strange hectic ride of "I want it" and "I don't want it, why did I enter?". Now that it is over though, I can congratulate the winner, once again give praise to JaseC, and second the unrelated statement in another post that Toki Toki 2+ is a great game and worth buying for either great platofmring or cuteness.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp, stick a fork in me for I am done, Im listening to Ke$ha.

doesnt get much lower than that

You mean you just booted it or you ran it in text mode or what?

I wish there was a list of games you could just boot for instant cards. I have over 400 games but I've hardly earned cards from any of them.

the game has a launcher when you start it, I just left the launch up while the cards dropped, took 32 minutes for 3 cards which is a record lately since card drops have been super slow

Enco won the jackpot, he no longer ever needs to buy another game. All he has to do is tread lightly on steam so he doesn't get banned and he's golden.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dambrosi claimed your Shovel Knight key. There were 139 entrants.

lots of thirst for the Shovel master

Vastag

Black Flag OST is amazing. I find myself chilling at the taverns just to listen to some of the songs. I kinda wish it was a pirate game without all the animus filler and with a more fleshed out economy and management system.

Caerith

Black Flag OST is amazing. I find myself chilling at the taverns just to listen to some of the songs. I kinda wish it was a pirate game without all the animus filler and with a more fleshed out economy and management system.

Aye. If they stripped all the assassin trappings from it and just made a proper pirate game, well, matey, I'd be all over that.

Ryne

Thanks for impressions, I'm not sure if want still. You mention that some tracks are nice, nice tracks can sell me on any racing game. How varied tracks are?
How much xp and upgrades influence gameplay?

The track list is here: http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/06/grid-autosport-track-list/

Not counting variants, there are 15 circuits and 7 cities. Including variants, like sport circuits, gp circuits, it goes over 100.

Upgrades don't matter too much in career as it seems every car is already upgraded. I think it plays much more of a factor in online mode, which most of the career stuff from GRID 1 has gone it appears.

Higher XP -> unlocking different tiers of cars/tracks basically.

No, not since they allowed multiple logins.

I share with my brother, and we are both online at the same time, so he can play my games while I'm off watching a movie or something, or vice versa.

Oh. I set up the sharing yesterday, but now I can't see the family member's shared games in my library anymore, even though I saw them yesterday.

That giveaway is on some next level shit, I don't even know.

8fg7CAv.gif

It feels almost like this was going to be the case, then Ubi went "launching a new IP right now is really risky, let's shoe-horn this into the AC franchise which will guarantee a certain baseline of sales." Given I think it sold pretty well and was so positively reviewed, I wouldn't be surprised to see an AC:free pirate sequel at some point.

Ionic

It's not 3,000 games, but I recommend any FPS fans who didn't jump on Gunslinger during the summer sale enter to get this one. It's a good time.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Call of Juarez Gunslinger -- MB-09229B269E3F64F0 - Taken by Madridy. 40 entrants total.

t1404685310z1.png

Madridy

Concurrent library access isn't allowed, however I expect Valve to eventually loosen this a little bit and allow the account owner and one secondary user to be in-game at the same time (this assumption wasn't a factor behind my decision to give away Family Sharing access to my account, just to be clear).

No, it takes all your shared games offline. I think it started out as you described but they reigned it in.

I heard there was a workaround, if you started a shared game and then went offline, but maybe they stopped that too.

If you set it on someone else's computer, then they have acess to all of your games, but only while you're not playing them. Vice versa if they set it up on your computer / Steam account. There used to be an error where you could both play at the same time if someone was in offline mode, but they patched that really fast.

So if you're online in one of your brothers' games, you can play your games like normal, but it won't let you boot up any of your brothers' games. If your brother is playing one of your games and you start up one of your own games, it will give him a warning to get off and then eventually kick him from the game.

I'm family sharing with two others, so let me know if you have any other questions.

I see, this clears a lot of things up for me. Thanks guys for the quick reply's.

But still its a handicapped way of sharing, I'm little disappointed, though it is better than nothing. Hopefully they update it in the future to allow two concurrent users in one library online.

It's Modbot's birthday and I'll give if I want to, give if I want to.

ModBot said:
Instructions for ramoisdead:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-CA7FF3A863F5E842
The Ship -- MB-C3F9C5E2227631BA
Papa Y Yo -- MB-295F3EC8AB25F549
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition -- MB-141A645737B41D1F - Taken by pahamrick
Psychonauts -- MB-247CFF6C4751F84E
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-99517FD92BDCE16D
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-C06AA9CFF5A23728
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-94DEDF9E0CEA9725
Awesomenauts -- MB-8A0F8C0412768441
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-BAE5AAAB33F1B2EC
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-B333D240B1DC6FF6
Dustforce -- MB-81DC8FAD18FCFDEA
VVVVVV -- MB-18CE4DDDB2B8978E
FEZ -- MB-EED4F6838FD707FB
Gianna Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-C81A6B77820492DD

t1404685582z1.png

Vuze

It's not 3,000 games, but I recommend any FPS fans who didn't jump on Gunslinger during the summer sale enter to get this one. It's a good time.

I don't like FPS too much, but I had a great time with this one! Gunplay is superb and extremly fun, go for it!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ha, I realized. Wonder what'll happen after actors realize you "focus" on Saoirse once you hit Hollywood :p

Haha, I'd likely switch to my former non-Saoirse avatar and cease updating the appreciation thread if the stars align and we wind up working together on something. Not to "hide" from the whole celebrity crush thing (which I should probably note wouldn't be a factor in me pursuing her for a role -- I mean, it'd be great to actually meet her one day, however I wouldn't cast her in something just for the sake of that), but rather because it'd probably feel weird.

Tizoc

Reposting
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Suguri Collection -- MB-194DF96C5389B572 - Taken by Ruruja. 31 entrants total.

t1404680181z1.png

CassSept

Oh Christ Bad Rats is really bad. I barely managed to stand playing it for few minutes, it's incredible in it's... badness.

Btw, I think Revengeance killed third person games for me, everything is so sluggish...

Eanan

Congrats to Enco, a guy with a Last of Us avatar deserves to win as he clearly has impeccable taste in games.

also

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Aerena - Clash of Champions -- MB-CF54717BCC7E75E0
Men of War: Red Tide -- MB-227A3D86834734B6 - Taken by tiny raptor
The Showdown Effect -- MB-A38508CAFDCE0CA9
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-2CB219FD7B2027E8 - Taken by Sofa King

Think these should all work.

Autofokus

Started up Betrayer. First intrigued by the setting, but got bored very fast after around half an hour. Is there something more to this game later on?

On a side note, my wife loves it for whatever reason - she's playing it now for hours. But, my first question still stands, she's always dying after the first village. So, I still didn't see anything 'new'. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom