• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You got it? Then I think it should be okay.

Yeah, everything was good. ModBot got confused and called it the franchise pack, but I just assumed he'd been hitting the sauce pretty hard on his birthday.

Thanks, by the way! :D

Tellaerin

Haha, I'd likely switch to my former non-Saoirse avatar and cease updating the appreciation thread if the stars align and we wind up working together on something. Not to "hide" from the whole celebrity crush thing (which I should probably note wouldn't be a factor in me pursuing her for a role -- I mean, it'd be great to actually meet her one day, however I wouldn't cast her in something just for the sake of that), but rather because it'd probably feel weird.

That, and the tabloids would be all over it.

Chariot

So, some low risk raffle risk. One of this Papo & Yo keys is the game + the soundtrack, the others are only the game. It's a fantastic game. 1 hour left.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chariot:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Papo & Yo #4 -- MB-9FE35D248E5A8BE0 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 3 entrants total.
Papo & Yo #3 -- MB-5750D8B6E07C3CDC - Taken by bluechox2. 3 entrants total.
Papo & Yo #2 -- MB-4F39690A2AAA1D68 - Taken by Link Man. 6 entrants total.
Papo & Yo #5 -- MB-B275CDD3AAB96B8C - Taken by ReduxMachine. 6 entrants total.
Papo & Yo -- MB-498E4F9720626330 - Taken by astrogamer. 2 entrants total.
Papo & Yo #6 -- MB-E00FABFBEA5D1761 - Taken by xptoxyz. 4 entrants total.

t1404679013z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If you like the movement and aesthetics of Thomas Was Alone but wish they were even more minimal and almost kind of trippy, and you like the rhythm elements of Beatbuddy or Sony's Sound Shapes, and you're looking for a short game with no narrative and awesome rhythm-shmup-ish bosses, then you want to play 140. It's really quite pretty, it lasts maybe 35-40 minutes total (there are only three stages), there are no hidden items or collectibles. Very satisfying, and I highly recommend it. No trading cards and achievements are limited to beating the game and beating the NG+ levels (same levels but backwards and without checkpoints) you unlock when you beat the game.

I'd post screenshots, but you'd just be looking at a few squares and some wiggly lines, you wouldn't even really be aware of what you're looking at.

It's $1 with some other stuff on
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Z5x8MwD.jpg

I've watched like 15 movies with saorise ronan(sp?) and my girlfriend thinks I've got a celeb crush on her because I keep recognizing her. I keep having to explain it's because that one guy on that forum has an avatar of her he constantly updates ensuring my ability to recognize her face is in optimal operating condition. I think JaseC needs to change his avatar to non ronan today if only to prevent my girlfriend from thinking I'm crushing on celebs.

Kiru

I've watched like 15 movies with saorise ronan(sp?) and my girlfriend thinks I've got a celeb crush on her because I keep recognizing her. I keep having to explain it's because that one guy on that forum has an avatar of her he constantly updates ensuring my ability to recognize her face is in optimal operating condition.

lmao

Started up Betrayer. First intrigued by the setting, but got bored very fast after around half an hour. Is there something more to this game later on?

On a side note, my wife loves it for whatever reason - she's playing it now for hours. But, my first question still stands, she's always dying after the first village. So, I still didn't see anything 'new'. :)

you get new weapons and that's pretty much it, the "objective" to each area stays the same
around mid-way through the game when you find better stuff the game becomes more action-y since you can just go in and 360tomohawknoscope everything

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Would Steam freak out if I idled for cards with SAM while I legitimately played a different Steam game?

You can only do this when using the app id trick, however it breaks Steamworks integration in the game you're actually playing since as far as Steam is concerned you're in-game in something else.

aka_bueno

It's not 3,000 games, but I recommend any FPS fans who didn't jump on Gunslinger during the summer sale enter to get this one. It's a good time.

thanks, entered! I was close to buying this during the steam sale but couldn't find my wallet and then forgot about it lol

Ibuki

Banned
I've watched like 15 movies with saorise ronan(sp?) and my girlfriend thinks I've got a celeb crush on her because I keep recognizing her. I keep having to explain it's because that one guy on that forum has an avatar of her he constantly updates ensuring my ability to recognize her face is in optimal operating condition. I think JaseC needs to change his avatar to non ronan today if only to prevent my girlfriend from thinking I'm crushing on celebs.

Why does she even care?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I tried to add JaseC,same error I experimented for Shadownet :S

Hmm, my friends list should have one free slot (I don't think I have Enco as a friend so I had to delete someone).

...pass. ;)

Shadownet

Banned
Just some stuff I had left. it's nothing big. But Happy Birthday anyway Modbot :) (I'm broke so I can't exactly giveaway anything big on your birthday. Sorry!)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Shadownet:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Grimind -- MB-C828A2989EF65417
Ascension to the Throne #2 -- MB-4C9BC917BB5C7C18
UFO: Aftershock -- MB-96EF603DA6B871D8
Marine Sharpshooter II:Jungle Warfare -- MB-A9F8CC7B1F69532D
Manhunter -- MB-1F31EFE846E2D5D4
Soulbringer -- MB-3D5E08C85A7807DA
UFO: Aftershock #2 -- MB-2C0D38145ADF83EE
UFO: Aftermath #2 -- MB-5C0D942EBD670A56
Humanity Asset #2 -- MB-2B24653CCC277E2D
Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-A717661E45C316AB
Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-82DBFAD1FCA39368 - Taken by electroflame. 6 entrants total.

t1404676582z1.png

pahamrick

You can only do this when using the app id trick, however it breaks Steamworks integration in the game you're actually playing since as far as Steam is concerned you're in-game in something else.

I've used SAM to idle for cards in one game while playing another game just fine.

Here's a key for Grimind:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Grimind -- MB-9D9EB375F5C44045 - Taken by tioslash. 1 entrants total.

t1404676851z1.png

That Mr. Orange is proposing a new Steam news thread, the purpose this thread originally served, is pretty telling. The vast majority of the content of these threads is unrelated to Steam news, it's give aways, discussing humble bundles, .gifs and insular thread-community posting. I just waded through the last 6 pages to find one post with Grid Autosport impressions buried under giveaway posts and reactions to giveaways.

Autofokus

you get new weapons and that's pretty much it, the "objective" to each area stays the same
around mid-way through the game when you find better stuff the game becomes more action-y since you can just go in and 360tomohawknoscope everything
What a bummer. :/
Well, at least my wife gets a few (whenever she stops out of frustration) hours playtime out of it. Maybe I will look around in some *.ini files (if there are any) to make the game easier.

Dambrosi

Banned
THIS IS A REPOST BTW

Happy Birthday Modbot!
And now, I get to feel like it's my birthday too!!!!!!
viuaXnZ.jpg

OH MY GOD THANK YOU RHAKNAR YOU BEAUTIFUL MAGNIFICENT BASTARD

omg+cat.gif

YYHplDE.gif

tumblr_m87g9v5DQK1qgfmalo1_500.gif

...yeah, okay, enough. Time to install and play this bad boy.

Again, I'm totes chuffed about this. Thanks again!!

yGray

Banned
And now, I get to feel like it's my birthday too!!!!!!
viuaXnZ.jpg

OH MY GOD THANK YOU RHAKNAR YOU BEAUTIFUL MAGNIFICENT BASTARD

omg+cat.gif

YYHplDE.gif

tumblr_m87g9v5DQK1qgfmalo1_500.gif

...yeah, okay, enough. Time to install and play this bad boy.

Again, I'm totes chuffed about this. Thanks again!!

enjoy one of the best classic style games ever

iosefe

I liked it quite a lot, but unfortunately the community was limited even near launch. It's clearly not realistic, but as a sort of self-contained, weird, little 30 minute multiplayer experience it was very enjoyable, and who can complain about free?

i think i logged on one in the early days and haven't touched it since. but that someone took the time to do Space Oddity in it makes me happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom