• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Short impressions of Metal Slug 3 Netcode:

pile_of_shit.gif

Amazing lol

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Modbot only shows the number of games I've given away and not if I qualify as a megagiver when I send a my loot. Am I missing something?

yGray

Banned
d4a83ed6ec.png

So, finished this earlier today. lemme see if i can do a good impression of it:
Being made by ex starbreeze devs, at least something fun should be expected. What i didn't expect though, was one of the most fun shooters i've played in years.
The most important thing first: The gameplay is really good. It's incredibly satisfying to shoot nazis, and using either the guns or being stealth is equally fun. Loved the fact that cover is not used with a button, and it's really fast to do too. Level design wise, i wouldn't say it's on the level of older iD games, but it's open in a way most shooters haven't been for a while.
The audio(sound effect and musics) is top notch. Guns in general sound really good, and the covers of known bands in german are interesting. Gotta love House of the Rising Sun. The game OST is great too. Mick Gordon is indeed talented.
Although it isn't revolutionary, the story is excellent. The characters and the universe feel alive, Specially BJ Blazkowicz. Loved hearing his thoughts throughout the game.
I wished the game had more bosses, although the ones it have are fun to fight, and depending on the difficulty, really challenging(did my first playthough on Uber).
So yeah, a great GOTY contender, and probably on my top 3 of shooters.

I don't know what game you're talking about. Am I blind?

Hugstable

Banned
Rush and Insertion are the only ones I have problems with at this point. They're just badly designed though.

Yeah I've already grown to like Black Gold, and I really like Castle. Insertion is something else though, and alot of Casual groups vote for it from some unknown reason. I really really hate Insertion.

Yeah I've already grown to like Black Gold, and I really like Castle. Insertion is something else though, and alot of Casual groups vote for it from some unknown reason. I really really hate Insertion.
Mist and Castle are really good, Black Gold is great although a lot of the back corners of the map go unused. Which can be good if you know where no one goes.

Someone wanna take a guess on which icon is Interstellar Marines and which is Titanfalls?
Wow, those are too close for comfort there.
Titanfall's is the bottom one

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Modbot only shows the number of games I've given away and not if I qualify as a megagiver when I send a my loot. Am I missing something?

you should have this aswell:

(x number of games eligible for 'givers only' rules.)

Ozium

Many thanks to ShadownetX for the gift of Abyss Odyssey! What a nice surprise, the art in this game looks gorgeous! Can't wait! Don't want to make a big deal of it but wanted to give a shout out all the same..

B9Kfk7w.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
A paycheck for that one guy who won the game. Makes sense.

Yes, awareness/interest building.

What about the 8 copies I gave away?
KuGsj.gif

But this brings me to talk about the good part of SteamGaf which doesnt happen much outside of it. People randomly finding games on steam and post em here and gather interest for the games. Many games would have gone unnoticed if people didnt post about em here and doing the publishers work to gather interest. We have seen this even happen with big companies which automatically to mind jump Alice Madness Returns and Shadows of The Damned with EA Partnership which didnt get much promo or mediocre promo which didnt represented the games properly.

I saw the number of the own and wishlist grow after posting trailers of the game and the giveaways surely help get people also aware of the game. I mean how hard could it be for publishers to do a bit of promo work for the games they are publishing. Indies I can understand but some that are being published by well known companies shouldnt be getting such treatment (I might dare and say even some indies are doing better work at promoting than the big companies these days)

Bless SteamGaf with the random recommendation of games and raising awareness of those games lacking promo.
KuGsj.gif

trolho

Neo Member
The CS:GO new community maps are pretty underwhelming from the ones I've tried. People need to focus on playability over visuals.

I'm starting to like Castle. Rush and the oil rig map are horrible though.

Actually, I think Castle is better than some of them in the first 3 operations.

BruteUA

When trolls are given the power to vote, this is what happens. I hate it too, both the layout and the terrible starting gimmick.

Ozium

The new CS:GO maps would be awesome if there was a 3rd person mod as they feel more like Ghost Recon or SOCOM maps.

Ah, nice, I need Night Shift and Nicolas.

Edit: And Sudokuball, too. What a steal for $2.

Groupees has been the best bundle site in recent months IMO.. That Nekro bundle was fantastic as well.. Especially when compared to recent humble offerings.

wilflare

you should have this aswell:

(x number of games eligible for 'givers only' rules.)

ohh so even one's Megagiver status isn't permanent?
i think mine is 11 and 8 for that "givers only" - so I need to get 25 for that "givers only" right?

---

is the current IGS game any good?

Jawmuncher

Ah, that explains why so many indie games appear, then. How kind of the devs, almost makes me feel bad for taking the coupon! ;x

Regarding cards, is it possible to gain additional drops for cards again after a given period of time? Example, I could have SWORE I got all the cards to Killing Floor previously allotted to me, but I have two cards drops available..? Am I just goin' crazy and losing track of my card count?

You might have just missed some. I don't know of anything letting you get multiple card drops.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You should be shilling for Atlus to bring the SMT games back to PC, and not just as an mmo :p

The list of companies that should port and release games on PC is long man but Atlus is definitely there. I was on the Sega campaign and I would certainly love more oldies and new games showing up on PC. (Namco if you read this bring Tales of Series)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You might have just missed some. I don't know of anything letting you get multiple card drops.

Spending $10 in an F2P game to earn a card drop was expanded to paid games, only with DLC purchases taking the place of in-game purchases.

Grief.exe

The list of companies that should port and release games on PC is long man but Atlus is definitely there. I was on the Sega campaign and I would certainly love more oldies and new games showing up on PC. (Namco if you read this bring Tales of Series)

When Atlus was acquired by Sega, I started to get excited for some of their titles as Sega has been so friendly towards the PC platform.

Hugstable

Banned
What about the 8 copies I gave away?
KuGsj.gif

But this brings me to talk about the good part of SteamGaf which doesnt happen much outside of it. People randomly finding games on steam and post em here and gather interest for the games. Many games would have gone unnoticed if people didnt post about em here and doing the publishers work to gather interest. We have seen this even happen with big companies which automatically to mind jump Alice Madness Returns and Shadows of The Damned with EA Partnership which didnt get much promo or mediocre promo which didnt represented the games properly.

I saw the number of the own and wishlist grow after posting trailers of the game and the giveaways surely help get people also aware of the game. I mean how hard could it be for publishers to do a bit of promo work for the games they are publishing. Indies I can understand but some that are being published by well known companies shouldnt be getting such treatment (I might dare and say even some indies are doing better work at promoting than the big companies these days)

Bless SteamGaf with the random recommendation of games and raising awareness of those games lacking promo.
KuGsj.gif

Yup if it wasn't for SteamGAF, I would've never known of Asstebreed, Abyss Odyssey, Long Live the Queen, 100% Orange Juice, Danmaku Unlimited 2, Ikaruga (I've played Ikaruga but had no clue is was on steam) and Divinity. These are all games I may have overlooked and never had played if it wasn't for all the impressions and everything here.

Salsa

won't be able to play games for 20 days startin tuesday

I think all i'll do tomorrow is play Divinity

I could care less about interrupting games for that long any day of the year yet it only happens when a game this good comes around

curses

legacyzero

Banned

I could care less about interrupting games for that long any day of the year yet it only happens when a game this good comes around

curses

TWENTY Days??

You're a bigger man than I.

UncleBiz

curses

I can't go more than like 10 hours without divinity. it's too good. favorite game this year so far

mannerbot

Yup if it wasn't for SteamGAF, I would've never known of Asstebreed, Abyss Odyssey, Long Live the Queen, 100% Orange Juice, Danmaku Unlimited 2, Ikaruga (I've played Ikaruga but had no clue is was on steam) and Divinity. These are all games I may have overlooked and never had played if it wasn't for all the impressions and everything here.

You need to get Crimzon Clover ASAP.

Dr Dogg

When Atlus was acquired by Sega, I started to get excited for some of their titles as Sega has been so friendly towards the PC platform.

Yeah one of the first things I was thinking was Dragons Crown on Steam would be a good fit to test the waters but Abyss Odyssey seems to fit the bill equally as well. Atlus do have a few published titles on Steam like Rock of Ages though (wasn't Trine also Atlus published at one point?). There's just too many great games at the moment, even with all the junk.

Salsa

Many thanks to ShadownetX for the gift of Abyss Odyssey! What a nice surprise, the art in this game looks gorgeous! Can't wait! Don't want to make a big deal of it but wanted to give a shout out all the same..

B9Kfk7w.gif

welp

gift begging becomes a thing when people give gifts through steam to select members only (and often the same ones repeatedly so) and then those people post their screenshots and lavish praise upon those who gave the gift, which only serves to boost the egos of the gifter and the giftee at the expense of the jealousy of others who either complain, become passive-aggressive, start begging or feel they aren't good enough so they leave.

it also places more prominence on big ticket items so that if anyone gifts something under 5 dollars now (even if that's all they can afford) no one even gives a shit and that person is then left feeling like they just aren't good enough.

surprise surprise

fuck everything

done w/ SteamGAF

fucking hopeless

make sure you buy it as a gift, add it to your inventory and then make a .webm with a greeting to yourself and then post the .webm along with how awesome you are and then have twenty other people quote that post saying omg you are so awesome and then another thirty posts of people begging or dropping not so subtle hints that they want to join your personality cult.. then when others get tired of it, turn around and act like a victim and claim that everyone is just so jealous because you are oh so awesome..

also, to the guy who keeps saying this is about pure jealousy and 'not being a part of steamgaf, grow up guys." congratulations, you are great at cherry picking one point out of several and focusing on it as your sole means of rebut.

no, not going to placate an already inflated ego

okay then

not trying to call you out personally for any mean spirited reason other than maybe next time thinking about your true reasons behind posting those things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom