• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

Actually many games considered niche would be better suited for PC releases if they dont plan localizing console versions.

would play Yakuza on the PC
(never tried the series on console though... but with them on the PC.. means I don't have to hunt and pay for overpriced used copies)

final reminder
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hero Prinny, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

vRvbDCu.png
(origin) Populous -- MB-2BD243F3508993C9
vRvbDCu.png
(Origin) Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-72291D641D26C998 - Taken by cyrok. 1 entrants total.

t1404689452z1.png

Salsa

it's all good, but yeah

Haha, I might not have the same "problem" but I have lots I need to get done next week and I keep thinking how to make time for Divinity.XD

I havent seen her in 5 months yet oh god im gonna wish I could selectively teleport back here and play

wilflare

A paycheck for that one guy who won the game. Makes sense.

Yes, awareness/interest building.

whut? I'm lost hahaha

What about the 8 copies I gave away?
KuGsj.gif

But this brings me to talk about the good part of SteamGaf which doesnt happen much outside of it. People randomly finding games on steam and post em here and gather interest for the games. Many games would have gone unnoticed if people didnt post about em here and doing the publishers work to gather interest. We have seen this even happen with big companies which automatically to mind jump Alice Madness Returns and Shadows of The Damned with EA Partnership which didnt get much promo or mediocre promo which didnt represented the games properly.

I saw the number of the own and wishlist grow after posting trailers of the game and the giveaways surely help get people also aware of the game. I mean how hard could it be for publishers to do a bit of promo work for the games they are publishing. Indies I can understand but some that are being published by well known companies shouldnt be getting such treatment (I might dare and say even some indies are doing better work at promoting than the big companies these days)

Bless SteamGaf with the random recommendation of games and raising awareness of those games lacking promo.
KuGsj.gif

honestly, GAF is doing alot of work that publishers should be doing
and Toma is a saint when it comes to that with his promotion and well-thought reviews/recommendations of the lesser-known indie titles

Ryne

I've been thinking of setting up a playtime for Counter Strike:GO on the weekend (possibly week days as well). Judging by the number of responses I've had and the number of people I've played with I think we can do some 5v5 matches. If there aren't enough people we'll just use bots to fill the empty holes or play in the public queue.

To judge interest in this, please PM me on GAF that you are interested and what times you are available. Do not worry about skill level, anyone is welcome.

If I can garner enough interest, I will formally create a time where people from GAF can play together and I will post in this thread every time we start to play so it's open to everyone.

pKSlqny.png

When we are playing: (Estimate Time)
t1404693000z4.png

What we are playing:
We are playing public matches through the casual matchmaking system. Everyone from all skill levels is welcome to join!

How to join us:
Add me as a friend on steam and through the main menu join the same game that I am in.

In the future:
If we have enough consistent players, we may consider setting up or renting a server for drop in drop out gaf matches.

Come join us and have fun!
Hey, I added you on steam, love to join in

Grief.exe

Yeah one of the first things I was thinking was Dragons Crown on Steam would be a good fit to test the waters but Abyss Odyssey seems to fit the bill equally as well. Atlus do have a few published titles on Steam like Rock of Ages though (wasn't Trine also Atlus published at one point?). There's just too many great games at the moment, even with all the junk.

I thought Abyss Odyssey was a PC exclusive, but it is coming to PS3/360. ACE Team established a relationship with Atlus on Zeno Clash II and Rock of Ages, which represents the majority of Atlus' published games on Steam.

didamangi

Does the steam community broken this last day for you guys as well? Particularly screenshots not loading.

I just wanna +1 everything. Valve, pls.

wilflare

Localize with subs if you wanna save money. That shouldn't take much time.

I don't understand. I would be perfectly happy and alright with just subs.
the english V/O can always be a separate DLC download... though I'm not sure how much they would get from it if it's a paid DLC

Ozium

welp

not trying to call you out personally for any mean spirited reason other than maybe next time thinking about your true reasons behind posting those things

The first post you quoted was, I believe, a reasoned answer to the people complaining about gift begging.. the latter posts were sarcastic due to stress and my feelings that the points made by me and others were being dismissed wholesale. I already talked to people affected by it and apologized, so why bring it up here if not to call me out personally? I also stated that in my thank you post that I didn't want to drag it on but I still wanted to thank people. It's a thin line, I know...

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I don't understand. I would be perfectly happy and alright with just subs.
the english V/O can always be a separate DLC download... though I'm not sure how much they would get from it if it's a paid DLC

Well if the game sells good they can make Dub DLC if there is enough demand for it. If people really don't care about staying with Japanese V.O dont bother spending money on a dub.

Salsa

The first post you quoted was, I believe, a reasoned answer to the people complaining about gift begging.. the latter posts were sarcastic due to stress and my feelings that the points made by me and others were being dismissed wholesale. I already talked to people affected by it and apologized, so why bring it up here if not to call me out personally? I also stated that in my thank you post that I didn't want to drag it on but I still wanted to thank people. It's a thin line, I know...

oh, I did want to call you out personally, just not beyond what I said there. It's not like a "HA! look at this guy" moment as much as just to give some closure to what you said previously. I chuckled to myself cause I remembered, and it's clear your posts were clouded by some instant reaction of anger or jealousy or something weird. Hopefully you can take it easy from now on, it's all good and chill. Cool on ShadownetX for being the bigger man.

wilflare

Well if the game sells good they can make Dub DLC if there is enough demand for it. If people really don't care about staying with Japanese V.O dont bother spending money on a dub.

precisely :( I miss my japanese games (good old days of PS2)
but all they are interested in now.. is mobile games (not dissing mobile gaming... just frustrating that they forgot their "core" audience)

bleh. I used to think if I start-up a Japanese games localization company - would that get me anywhere lol

Shadownet

Banned
welp

okay then

not trying to call you out personally for any mean spirited reason other than maybe next time thinking about your true reasons behind posting those things

hey guys. We all overreacted back then. it's OVER now. we are all friends, lets just move on okay? :) ive made up with Ozium. we talked, had a heartfelt moment, cried together, braided each other hairs.

you get the point. So lets just move on. enjoy SteamGAF and stuff :) Thank you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Where is that dude that swindled me into buying Sunleas Sea? Im calling you out
man to give me instructions :/

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (8 X 11 Printer Paper, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
Kami -- MB-A5CFAE8D04937054 - Taken by Ezalc. 2 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-CF7AD936456B7CF3 - Taken by Sarobi. 1 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-EE66CE55D449A58F - Taken by RhyDin. 1 entrants total.

t1404689725z1.png

Hank-Hill-Cant-Get-His-Business-Done-While-Bored-On-The-Toilet-On-King-Of-The-Hill.gif

Caerith

The list of companies that should port and release games on PC is long man but Atlus is definitely there. I was on the Sega campaign and I would certainly love more oldies and new games showing up on PC. (Namco if you read this bring Tales of Series)

The Steam (J)RPG scene is ripe for Atlus to pick. What would they be competing with? RPG Maker titles, Agarest, and barebones Final Fantasy ports, all of which people are spending good money on. If they show up with a decent port of the SMT or Persona games, well, they'd probably sell very nicely.

I don't mean this as port begging-- all publishers of RPGs are missing an opportunity here. Except Square, who apparently doesn't need to put any effort in for people to throw money at them.

Uzzy

pKSlqny.png

When we are playing: (Estimate Time)
t1404693000z4.png

What we are playing:
We are playing public matches through the casual matchmaking system. Everyone from all skill levels is welcome to join!

How to join us:
Add me as a friend on steam and through the main menu join the same game that I am in.

In the future:
If we have enough consistent players, we may consider setting up or renting a server for drop in drop out gaf matches.

Come join us and have fun!

I'm down for that. Feel free to add me, people who want to play tonight.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The Steam (J)RPG scene is ripe for Atlus to pick. What would they be competing with? RPG Maker titles, Agarest, and barebones Final Fantasy ports, all of which people are spending good money on. If they show up with a decent port of the SMT or Persona games, well, they'd probably sell very nicely.

I don't mean this as port begging-- all publishers of RPGs are missing an opportunity here. Except Square, who apparently doesn't need to put any effort in for people to throw money at them.

Just the thought of better performance of those RPGs make my mouth water. Also it shouldnt be that hard for them to port the games now from PS4/XBONE games so there is not as much excuse as before.

Shadownet

Banned
oh, I did want to call you out personally, just not beyond what I said there. It's not like a "HA! look at this guy" moment as much as just to give some closure to what you said previously. I chuckled to myself cause I remembered, and it's clear your posts were clouded by some instant reaction of anger or jealousy or something weird. Hopefully you can take it easy from now on, it's all good and chill. Cool on ShadownetX for being the bigger man.

Actually Salsa. he was the bigger man. He was the one who PM me and offered an apology and everything. Thats when we patched up and became cool cucumbers. :)

-MD-

Let me just bring up posts from days ago to call this dude out personally because I'm so bored, it's all good and chill bro.

Dr Dogg

I thought Abyss Odyssey was a PC exclusive, but it is coming to PS3/360. ACE Team established a relationship with Atlus on Zeno Clash II and Rock of Ages, which represents the majority of Atlus' published games on Steam.

Ah yeah that make sense. Yeah I didn't realise it was heading to PS360s until Nito mentioned it (may as well be on Atlus' payroll by now :p)

Caerith

Just the thought of better performance of those RPGs make my mouth water. Also it shouldnt be that hard for them to port the games now from PS4/XBONE games so there is not as much excuse as before.

The one that really boggles the mind is Nippon Ichi. Apart from a handful of ports to Nintendo platforms, they've been Sony-exclusive forever. I don't think Sony is moneyhatting them or anything, so why haven't they branched out?

wilflare

if they choose to bring FFXIII, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns... - maybe people won't throw money
(okay some people are crazy fans of Lightning... but not everyone ><)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Where is that dude that swindled me into buying Sunleas Sea? Im calling you out
man to give me instructions :/

well I haven't played THAT much of it myself ... all I can tell at this point is - read EVERYTHING carefully :) that's the key to this game :) and if the log goes too fast - you can always just pause the game (spacebar) and read it

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
It was my comment wasn't it? ;-;

I'm pretty sure you can turn it off somewhere but i forgot how.

It notifies you because we are all mutual friends, by the way.
It wasn't your comment.. :p

Searched and couldn't find anything, guess I'll have to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom