• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Yeah I didn't read any instructions about the board game before I played it, but it only took about 5-10 minutes to understand the mechanics and the goal of the game. It was actually pretty fun, I'm trying to set up a group sometime tomorrow.

Would be nice. I'll play so long as i'm able easily.

AsylumX

Yay for me... First foil ever from game drop!!!!

KYr3rMp.png

Hugstable

Banned
Reposting for new page and sicne I'm off to play some CS: GO

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hugstable, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt -- MB-6CD4AF62ACE28E9F - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk

zFSTnQu.png

t1404702235z1.png

-MD-

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (-MD-, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate -- MB-984AA2B3A9134BCB - Taken by kurahador. 7 entrants total.

t1404694136z1.png

Here's a thing!

Dambrosi

Banned
That looks...really good, like an old-style arcade game from the 80's all dolled up like one of your French girls. You certainly won't be giving this Rats game away as a joke.

I see my #Impact with Abyss Odyssey.
Keep it coming.
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/36000000/pink-pink-36054847-500-235.gif[/url][/quote]
I'm willing to bet you'll be responsible for 50% of this game's total sales.
[SPOILER]
And 90% of those sales will have been given away on ModBot[/SPOILER]

That looks...really good, like an old-style arcade game from the 80's all dolled up like one of your French girls. You certainly won't be giving this Rats game away as a joke.

I'm willing to bet you'll be responsible for 50% of this game's total sales.
And 90% of those sales will have been given away on ModBot

When all is said and done, I bought my copy.
Now hopefully it turns out well. ACE Team doesn't really have a good track record as far as I'm concerned.

So much going on in this thread today. I am close to finishing Banner Saga (I think) and will be happy to post my full impressions after.

Any Mac users here? My Mac friend has a modern iMac and only has 8 games attached to his Steam account. It's a real shame, he has a 9 years of service badge. What games can I recommend him that he won't shoot down as a "glorified flash game"..?

I play on a Macbook Pro. I recommend XCOM; Enemy Unknown, Civ V, Rogue Legacy, FTL, Hotline Miami, Mark of the Ninja, Legend of Grimrock, and Guacamelee.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Now hopefully it turns out well. ACE Team doesn't really have a good track record as far as I'm concerned.

Rock of Ages was good IMO a bit hard later on.

Zeno Clash games melee combat was flawed but overall entertaining games with cool aesthetics and story. I rather play them than Bioshock games. *Puts Flamesuit On*

Dambrosi

Banned
What, you don't like Zeno Clash? You can't hate Rock of Ages, that's impossible.

Rock of Ages was good IMO a bit hard later on.

Zeno Clash games melee combat was flawed but overall entertaining games with cool aesthetics and story. I rather play them than Bioshock games. *Puts Flamesuit On*
No argument here, though I'd rather play them than Bioshock Infinite (in my case). Still, I'd rather play OG Xbox game Breakdown than all of them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Father-Mother disapproves of the last few posts

Enjoy this weird mix-bag giveaway! (I hope I didn't mess it up)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DontMindMe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
Torchlight -- MB-C94A6A38F3876E99 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 2 entrants total.
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-6685E73F9D68B12B - Taken by Kiru. 5 entrants total.
Poker Night -- MB-84ECE98239C6AB75 - Taken by danhese007. 5 entrants total.
Far Cry -- MB-6668A1A9617367AC - Taken by Sky Chief. 4 entrants total.
Half-Life -- MB-EE5C3F50736F76C9 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 1 entrants total.
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-B1EA12A97BAD5950 - Taken by ev0. 1 entrants total.
Portal -- MB-087C651624C4B991 - Taken by yGray. 3 entrants total.
Counter-Strike -- MB-AD8F1A49B543B20E - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 4 entrants total.

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution -- MB-7E6CB254309989AC - Taken by The Cowboy. 2 entrants total.
Rayman Origins -- MB-C30F746316F3DC12 - Taken by pupo. 13 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization V -- MB-4014FD4BE67E9DD8 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.

t1404695214z1.png

Finished up Gone Home.

Really well done game. I loved the 90's nostalgia. Really a game you need to finish in one sitting, which shouldn't be too difficult given it took me 2 hours and I think I explored pretty thoroughly. I really like how the game tackled a 'subject' that hasn't really surfaced seriously in gaming yet.

Not something I would pay full price for, but definitely something people should pick up when discounted.

Finished up Gone Home.

Really well done game. I loved the 90's nostalgia. Really a game you need to finish in one sitting, which shouldn't be too difficult given it took me 2 hours and I think I explored pretty thoroughly. I really like how the game tackled a 'subject' that hasn't really surfaced seriously in gaming yet.

Not something I would pay full price for, but definitely something people should pick up when discounted.

I'll agree. I was gifted the game and had a good time with it. Not sure how I would've felt if I paid a medium to high price for it.

--

Now the question is: what am I going to stream tonight? :3
I feel like maybe I should go back to getting AAA ranks on Killer is Dead so I can help people convert from the uncertainty to bathing in its absurdly ridiculous awesomeness...

I'm open to suggestions though -- playfire looks like I might be playing Skulls of the Shogun or Stealth Bastard soon...

...WAT.

Sir, do you have a soul? What monstrous demon took it from you?

The Japanese believed that "gingers" were evil spirits.
Some say that "gingers" have no souls.
It's quite possible this is why I give things away via modbot... some misguided attempt to purchase a humanity I've never had.

tylerf

Finished up Gone Home.

It's really a shame how juvenile the reaction to this game is. People will down vote any positive review on steam.

Caerith

Finished up Gone Home.

Did you
encounter the ghost? (If not, here's how.)
Or
open the safe
?

It seems like most people who lived through the 90s loved it and most people born like after 1994 didn't.

They got stuck at the cassette tapes 'cause there was no bullet point objective list, glowing arrows, mini-map pointing to the tape players, and achievements for good job, you listened to a song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom