• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
you haven't experienced TRUE suckage until you've seen me play ;)

I joined but then got killed like 10 seconds later. I think I killed like maybe 2 guys on the other team the whole round.

reminder
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hero Prinny, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 -- MB-D79E49DFE0DEB1C5 - Taken by danhese007. 4 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-128BEF005D1375EE - Taken by City 17. 5 entrants total.

t1404706106z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
phew.. i just finished paying catch up with this thread.
what i learnt
  • some people don't like alpacas
  • some people like alpacas
  • some people don't like the steam thread with too much stuff in it
  • some people do
  • i really should get cs:go
any thing i missed? how many keys for shovel knight?

5.5 on most traders, 5 if youre lucky

Hugstable

Banned
Reposting since only an hour left, and I have some time right now since I'm dead in CS

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hugstable, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt -- MB-6CD4AF62ACE28E9F - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk

zFSTnQu.png

t1404702235z1.png

tylerf

I guess this is the "We suck at counter strike" Club. I spent too many of my formative years playing shooters on console. I can't aim with mouse to save my life.

Mono

I guess this is the "We suck at counter strike" Club. I spent too many of my formative years playing shooters on console. I can't aim with mouse to save my life.

I'm the complete opposite; it baffles me how people can aim properly with a controller.

Reposting since only an hour left, and I have some time right now since I'm dead in CS
Hope whoever wins this has a great time with it! It looks rig-meltingly fun
noob question
but how do I get those left/right arms for Doktor in MGR?

I'm assuming you're playing with a pad here, but up on the dpad puts you into a sort of detective mode, and the guys who have special arms (not all enemies do) their arms glow bright green

FloatOn

Played some more blood dragon before I flew out for my biz trip. I love it.

I wasn't expecting it to be a bite sized far cry 3. I was under the impression it was level based. I'm sure glad it isn't because I love what far cry does for open world fps.

I haven't followed it at all but is far cry 4 this year? If so, it might be a day one purchase.

wilflare

I'm assuming you're playing with a pad here, but up on the dpad puts you into a sort of detective mode, and the guys who have special arms (not all enemies do) their arms glow bright green

ah.. so for those enemies I go into Blade Mode and try to hack it off to get their arms?

is that the only way to earn BP?

Strider

We should set up a CS: Go lobby for us sucky players.

Edit: Is there a way to spot players for them to appear on the mini-map, like BF4?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mount & Blade -- MB-E148EFB123761637 - Taken by Zero-Crescent. 2 entrants total.
A Steam classic that consists of open-world RPG-ish gameplay with strategy and hack and slash elements too. It's made by a husband and wife team, which is pretty badass.
Thunder Wolves -- MB-D3FF277C8ED9A187 - Taken by LostAtLife. 4 entrants total.
This is an insanely over the top rail shooter where you're a helicopter and you blow up billions of things for massive explosion damage

t1404699355z1.png

ev0

Nice to see the nice giveaways going still.

I suck at CSGO also. I was okay when it first came out, but now I get destroyed.

Anyone here have D:OS already..i think pretty much all of you have it ;_;

what is your opinion on the game?

as i recall it's not like your usual Diablo/Baldurs Gate type of game...but more of a Turn-Based Game?

is it a long game? hopefully not very linear or anything?

Levyne

Banned

as i recall it's not like your usual Diablo/Baldurs Gate type of game...but more of a Turn-Based Game?

It seems to be very long. And yeah, turn based. It's not very linear, though there are times where there's only one way forward. Still a fair bit of exploration and ability to go off the beaten path.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

its nothing like diablo, its not linear and its very long. Its also VERY old school with little direction on what to do, no quest givers or markers, pretty much a top down dark souls (with what little explanation it gives you). its also quite hard aparently.

I only played about 2 hours and it looked very good

Imperial

Just finished the Cold, Cold Heart DLC from Arkham Origins, thought it was decent. The new suit didn't add much to the experience.

It seems to be very long. And yeah, turn based. It's not very linear, though there are times where there's only one way forward. Still a fair bit of exploration and ability to go off the beaten path.

hmmm is that so...alright ^_^....i'll have to wait for a bit of a lower price for it to buy it on my end..already spent it all on TW3 :3

thanks for the info !

I'm glad that a bunch of people now own Divinity Original Sin, but most of you guys have less than 5 hours clocked in, come on, step up your game!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just finished the Cold, Cold Heart DLC from Arkham Origins, thought it was decent. The new suit didn't add much to the experience.
It wasn't as well fleshed out as it could and should have been. In the end it just felt like another skin. It should have changed the gameplay.

At least it gave us this piece of orgasmic art:

2Tw3ZT1.jpg

Poetic

I'm glad that a bunch of people now own Divinity Original Sin, but most of you guys have less than 5 hours clocked in, come on, step up your game!

It's because I have 100 hours clocked into Dark Souls 2 in the last 3 weeks. I started NG+ instead of my Divinity play through.

Salsa

It wasn't as well fleshed out as it could and should have been. In the end it just felt like another skin. It should have changed the gameplay.

2Tw3ZT1.jpg

I was excited about this but havent picked up yet cause everyone shat on it

bummer

I only played a couple of hours and then my co-op buddy suddenly decided to get his house painted a few days ago. Waiting for that to get over before we can continue.

Hugstable

Banned

2Tw3ZT1.jpg

That image is what caused me to buy both Arkham Origins and the DLC.

i died more then Kenny. thats what happened :p hahahaha

You killed me at least once :p i was like "SHACKLEEEEEEES!"

Hah you still got that kill on me through the smoke that scared the hell out of me.

Ugh I'm 3-7 this round :(

FauX

Dear Mr. ModBot, Happy birthday. I wish you wellness to provide us great giveaways to master race.

I hope you don't forsaken me and provide me from your great abundance, a little game so I can enrich my poor Steam Library.

Best Regards in you day.

FAUX

MTE

The Arkham games may well be the first time I ever buy DLC, not in a special edition style bundle... Maybe. Cold, Cold Heart's currently price of 10USD, which is more than what I payed for the base game. I may wait for the next sale :p

yGray

Banned
The Arkham games may well be the first time I ever buy DLC, not in a special edition style bundle... Maybe. Cold, Cold Heart's currently price of 10USD, which is more than what I payed for the base game. I may wait for the next sale :p

I paid like $6-7 just to use Nightwing in challenge maps. Was worth it. I liked playing him a little more than Batman.

I'd like Arkham Origins just to play as Deathstroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom