• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
That image is what caused me to buy both Arkham Origins and the DLC.

Hah you still got that kill on me through the smoke that scared the hell out of me.

Ugh I'm 3-7 this round :(

I spammed the sniper rifle like crazy for that :p

btw, just kidding. I love your manly ass voice. it was just unexpected :D

the grossest way to play divinity

2qLM974.jpg

drinking your own urine? Yeah, that's pretty gross dude.

Whew, usually don't do this but someone just gifted me a game out of the blue. Feels weird and humbling. Thank you Autofokus, again! Antichamber really was one of my more interested in games.

On-Topic: Neotokyo has awesome art direction!

Shadownet

Banned
I paid like $6-7 just to use Nightwing in challenge maps. Was worth it. I liked playing him a little more than Batman.

I'd like Arkham Origins just to play as Deathstroke

playing as the Joker
in that one part in Origins was amazing though.

Ozium

We should set up a CS: Go lobby for us sucky players.

Edit: Is there a way to spot players for them to appear on the mini-map, like BF4?

if an enemy shoots (unless it is a silenced weapon) they will show up as red on the minimap

your own teammates are in a variety of colors

edit: fun times playing cs:go with y'all, having warowl commenting on everything was fun LOL

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I was excited about this but havent picked up yet cause everyone shat on it

bummer

Oh the actual expansion is good. It's a nice spin on the Animated Series episode Heart of Ice, aka the greatest episode of television ever crafted for the greatest super hero ever crafted. The new environments are fan-servicey in the best way possible too.

fuck Marvel DC 4 life yolo.

playing as the Joker
in that one part in Origins was amazing though.
Spoiler tag that shit yo. That isn't cool.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I Sniper Elite III able to be played all stealthy? I was watching someone play the PS4 version and he got caught a lot.. assuming he just sucked.

Dambrosi

Banned
Mount & Blade -- MB-E148EFB123761637 - Taken by Zero-Crescent. 2 entrants total.
A Steam classic that consists of open-world RPG-ish gameplay with strategy and hack and slash elements too. It's made by a husband and wife team, which is pretty badass.
Thunder Wolves -- MB-D3FF277C8ED9A187 - Taken by LostAtLife
This is an insanely over the top rail shooter where you're a helicopter and you blow up billions of things for massive explosion damage

http://secondapps.com/countdown/t1404699355z1.png
This is new. Is it a new ModBot feature? Seems a bit labour-intensive.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I Sniper Elite III able to be played all stealthy? I was watching someone play the PS4 version and he got caught a lot.. assuming he just sucked.

For the most part, yes. There are a couple situations that are clearly not designed around it though and the later missions become increasingly stingy with ambient sounds to cover sniper fire. The next game desperately needs an actual silenced sniper rifle, history be damned.

I was out of town for a few days and I accidently started Shadow of the Colosuss, sorry
It's because I have 100 hours clocked into Dark Souls 2 in the last 3 weeks. I started NG+ instead of my Divinity play through.
You can't run forever!!
the grossest way to play divinity

http://i.imgur.com/2qLM974.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]Poor mouse

[quote="Hugstable, post: 119828042"]I must complete Dark Souls before I start another RPG!!! I've liked what I've played so far of Divinity though.[/QUOTE]

[quote="spindoctor, post: 119828192"]I only played a couple of hours and then my co-op buddy suddenly decided to get his house painted a few days ago. Waiting for that to get over before we can continue.[/QUOTE]
I'll hold you to your words.

Parsnip

Though my main issue is with the hideous amounts of compression Steam screenshots have. I'd love to be able to link to my Flickr account to pull my uploads in from there like you can with YouTube videos.

I used to upload a bunch of screens to Steam, but what I would actually do is take the same shot with Steam and with an external app, and then replace the steam jpg with something that is less compressed before uploading.

Pain in the butt, so I got lazy and stopped eventually.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This is new. Is it a new ModBot feature? Seems a bit labour-intensive.

You just need to follow this exact format:
Game name # Your single-line description goes here BBCode allowed line breaks not allowed - Key goes here

ie
Bad Rats # A gripping physics-based puzzle game inspired by classics like The Incredible Machine, a must-have in your collect. KILL ALL CATS - NOTA-REAL-KEYGOES-HERE

Strider

CS:GO is a lot of fun. Jumped in the gaf lobby for two games. The first one I actually got the high score on my team and I have no idea how. We got owned though. Second game I got last on my team but we won lol

I look forward to playing with Gaf again but gonna hop off for now. My only question right now is how do you add/remove attachments from weapons? or can you? Between rounds I pretty much was just buying 1 gun and 1 grenade and wasnt really sure what else to get.

Edit: Also the TV feature, just like Dota 2, is awesome. Valve puts some great features in their games.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Whew, usually don't do this but someone just gifted me a game out of the blue. Feels weird and humbling. Thank you Autofokus, again! Antichamber really was one of my more interested in games.

This reminds me I need to download and try this now that I'm at home.

vermadas

So despite the influx of new Steam games to my library from the sale I've been playing PvZ:Garden Warfare the most lately. It's an incredibly fun game and I encourage anyone who isn't boycotting EA and/or Origin to give it a shot if they like team based MP shooters.

I did manage to finally finish off Shovel Knight tonight though. I was expecting the last level and boss to be a lot worse difficulty wise from what I had read from other people, but I didn't have much trouble. Shovel Knight was the first game I ever kickstarted and I'm extremely happy with how it turned out.

bacon-bits

Neo Member
First time doing this. I hope I did this right. Enjoy!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

VVVVVV -- MB-BB0374771713691B - Taken by Oublieux. 1 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus -- MB-5ECC069DE5770F8B - Taken by danhese007. 7 entrants total.

t1404711325z1.png

Tellaerin

Does Neotokyo have bot support? I still remember when it was a UT2k4 mod, before the team switched over to Source.

Hugstable

Banned
Only 20 minutes left everyone!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hugstable, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt -- MB-6CD4AF62ACE28E9F - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 131 entrants total.

zFSTnQu.png

t1404702235z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
jshackles:
I'm following up on the WebAPI you mentioned to me a while ago that dumps all the appids and app names.
api.steampowered.com/ISteamApps/GetAppList/v0001/?format=xml

Is there any way to filter the list to contain only games (not DLC, not trailers, not ... etc) and filter by one specific region so that all the dupe apps for regions aren't included?

Basically I want only the results I would have gotten from:
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998
Only in XML format. I'd really rather not scrape 136 pages of games to pull the data, that's not good data scraping practice.

I guess I should maybe be using my local copy of the registry in my client directory instead of the Web API?

Edit: I found this URL which can be used to pull the info for <n> games very quickly:
http://store.steampowered.com/api/appdetails/?appids=5344,4920,4500

Good games everyone. Thanks to everyone who played!

I may do the same thing for tomorrow. I'll also see about getting a server going.

GG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom