• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
We'll have to organize some CS:GO some other time -- it was a lot of fun tonight.

lol this shot is great

l86Vq1u.jpg

Lain

Sekaiproject sent me another key for fault milestone one and this one worked. Now to download it and see how it's shaping up.

Uzzy

CS:GO was jolly fun. We should do that again sometime, that and other games.

I'm now getting my ass kicked at Street Fighter by my gf, which is really less fun.

Turfster

Damn that poopninja, running away with all the giveaways I want =p
And didn't win the other giveaway either.
My streak continues!

Also, OG Wasteland is 2.49€ on the Humble Store at the moment due to the fact that Wasteland 2 is a daily.

So I did the whole "my loot" through modbot and it now says I've given away X games and Y are eligible for giver's only rules. Do they expire over time or are some just considered too junky? I only gave away Footlol once I promise!

Anyway unclaimed desura game.

Alcarys Complex (desura) -- G1BRZ-5VBFL-EQI41-8XGMM-0FNJV

I see I came back to a shit-ton of giveaways while I was actually playing games like a schmuck. But I did win Enclave, so thanks MMBosstones86! I hear it's good...well, that's the impression that I get.

I finished Shadowrun. I enjoyed it a lot. I was expecting something more open, choosing where to go, rather than making the decision to go somewhere or not in a dialogue box, and then getting railroaded there. But that's okay.

Only a couple of minor quibbles: one is that the game constantly reminds you to "spend your karma wisely" but at the end of the game I wound up with 28 unspent karma because I got too indecisive on how to use it. There also didn't seem to be any high-level checks, even in endgame. The other is that the game got so clever in one area showing off all the myriad ways you could enter secure areas that I managed to lock myself out of an option (I took two of one type of disguise, then one of another, but I couldn't change back. Where the other uniforms went, I don't know. It would have been nice to be able to have them in inventory and change them up.

Overall, the game felt like the beginnings of a great moddable world, not unlike Neverwinter Nights. It's hard to tell which user created content is good since maybe a quarter of the content has any ratings...but hey, maybe I'll take a look at some at random. Looking forward to seeing what people can do with the tools in hand.

I see I came back to a shit-ton of giveaways while I was actually playing games like a schmuck. But I did win Enclave, so thanks MMBosstones86! I hear it's good...well, that's the impression that I get.

I finished Shadowrun. I enjoyed it a lot. I was expecting something more open, choosing where to go, rather than making the decision to go somewhere or not in a dialogue box, and then getting railroaded there. But that's okay.

Only a couple of minor quibbles: one is that the game constantly reminds you to "spend your karma wisely" but at the end of the game I wound up with 28 unspent karma because I got too indecisive on how to use it. There also didn't seem to be any high-level checks, even in endgame. The other is that the game got so clever in one area showing off all the myriad ways you could enter secure areas that I managed to lock myself out of an option (I took two of one type of disguise, then one of another, but I couldn't change back. Where the other uniforms went, I don't know. It would have been nice to be able to have them in inventory and change them up.

Overall, the game felt like the beginnings of a great moddable world, not unlike Neverwinter Nights. It's hard to tell which user created content is good since maybe a quarter of the content has any ratings...but hey, maybe I'll take a look at some at random. Looking forward to seeing what people can do with the tools in hand.

I'm assuming you're talking about the Dead Man's Switch campaign?

Dragonfall is a lot better. It's not necessary more open or free-roaming, but it is much better designed and it feels less restrictive because of this. The writing and story-telling are novahot

I'm assuming you're talking about the Dead Man's Switch campaign?

Dragonfall is a lot better. It's not necessary more open or free-roaming, but it is much better designed and it feels less restrictive because of this. The writing and story-telling are novahot

Yeah, DMS is the only one I have, having bought it in this most recent sale. (Heh, for a minute I thought I won it! I bought it!) I'll give Dragonfall serious consideration come the next sale, I think. :)

You know, I don't care what everybody says about you. I like you. And your hat.

What, people are saying things about me?

Aw man, I lost the Abyss Odyssey and Wild Hunt giveaways.

Oh! Here are three more games I forgot to include in the mix-bag earlier:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DontMindMe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Half-Life -- MB-F5D05DDB6D072C10 - Taken by Sky Chief. 2 entrants total.
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch -- MB-0FCB85C8A5A013C6 - Taken by Benedict. 4 entrants total.
Deathmatch Classic -- MB-2B862889F8DA55A2 - Taken by ieptbarakat. 1 entrants total.

t1404703854z1.png

Tektonic

ohhhh. i like this feature of enhanced steam!

450 card drops remaining
131 games with drops remaining
61 games eligible for booster packs
Worth Approximately $55.81

louiedog

30 minute reminder

xMZlAal.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (louiedog, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
Deadly Premonition -- MB-CC8BDD76D0C94754 - Taken by Wurst. 37 entrants total.
Dead Island GOTY -- MB-823CAE6E351FF057 - Taken by hohoXD123. 9 entrants total.

t1404706016z1.png

Does Neotokyo have bot support? I still remember when it was a UT2k4 mod, before the team switched over to Source.
Don't think it has. Created a server to try out movement and gunplay but didn't see a bot option. Would have been nice for practice though. Game is unforgiving. You die very quick, no respawn.

First time doing this. I hope I did this right. Enjoy!!
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
Is that new? Never saw it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom