• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
jshackles:
I'm following up on the WebAPI you mentioned to me a while ago that dumps all the appids and app names.
api.steampowered.com/ISteamApps/GetAppList/v0001/?format=xml

Is there any way to filter the list to contain only games (not DLC, not trailers, not ... etc) and filter by one specific region so that all the dupe apps for regions aren't included?

Basically I want only the results I would have gotten from:
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998
Only in XML format. I'd really rather not scrape 136 pages of games to pull the data, that's not good data scraping practice.

I guess I should maybe be using my local copy of the registry in my client directory instead of the Web API?

Edit: I found this URL which can be used to pull the info for <n> games very quickly:
http://store.steampowered.com/api/appdetails/?appids=5344,4920,4500

Follow up to this: I'm just going to ignore Valve's shitty API and screen-scrape the entire Steam game catalogue one thing at a time, and just limit myself to one page every ten seconds. Fuck it.

wilflare

Yes blade mode, and no to BP. You get BP for everything you do like XP that also doubles as currency.
Also, watch this. It's SUPER helpful.

one more question..
how do I distinguish between Orange/Yellow moves... they look very similar at some parts
or are unblockable moves when the entire enemy flashes yellow

and when do I engage Blade Mode? when the enemy flashes blue? or is there some other time? because they don't always flash blue

EDIT: and I need to slash them up in the "correct" way to maximise BP?

I see I came back to a shit-ton of giveaways while I was actually playing games like a schmuck. But I did win Enclave, so thanks MMBosstones86! I hear it's good...well, that's the impression that I get.
Well of course, it's Starbreeze we're talking, their name suggests they can transport air through the vacuum of interstellar space...what can't they do?!

tylerf

Code:
Market Transactions
Purchase total:$17.59
Sales total:$91.79
Net gain:$74.20

Cards was the best idea Valve ever had

Tellaerin

IF UT2k4 then hell yeah it would be fun.

But of course.
Unreal 3 wishes it was half the game 2K4 was.

Hey, I like UT3! >.> The stock maps are admittedly pretty meh, but play on stuff like the HOLP maps and it's good times all the way. But honestly, I'm good with anything except 2003, which I'd like to pretend doesn't exist. Have the original, 2k4 and UT3 installed, and they all get play when the mood strikes me.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Code:
479 card drops remaining
128 games with drops remaining
23 games eligible for booster packs
Worth Approximately $60.74

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
kFoMSMN.png
Where are you guys seeing this?

Code:
646 card drops remaining
170 games with drops remaining
10 games eligible for booster packs
Worth Approximately $76.51

Since everyone is doing it I might as well show off as well. Most of the cards are games that I've already played and beaten, so I have no motivation to even get their cards. Not sure if SAM is applicable to getting card drops anyway. Not going to risk it.

Code:
646 card drops remaining
170 games with drops remaining
10 games eligible for booster packs
Worth Approximately $76.51

Since everyone is doing it I might as well show off as well. Most of the cards are games that I've already played and beaten, so I have no motivation to even get their cards. Not sure if SAM is applicable to getting card drops anyway. Not going to risk it.

To be fair, I only listed mine as an example of what the full header says with enhanced steam. Now that there's a screencap, I think I'll go edit it out. :p

iba0QztUzUFI8h.PNG

Code:
Market Transactions
Purchase total:$140.60
Sales total:$123.62
Net spent:$-16.98

The great shame. Was actually in the black but I spent all the MM money I got on cards :3

one more question..
how do I distinguish between Orange/Yellow moves... they look very similar at some parts
or are unblockable moves when the entire enemy flashes yellow

and when do I engage Blade Mode? when the enemy flashes blue? or is there some other time? because they don't always flash blue

EDIT: and I need to slash them up in the "correct" way to maximise BP?

AFAIK It's the same color to tell you an unblockable move is coming
There'll be a blue flash around your screen letting you know to go into blade mode. If a body part on the enemy is highlighted in blue, go for it.

Code:
Market Transactions
Purchase total:$18.55
Sales total:$108.23
Net gain:$89.68

I don't even know why we are posting this, but here we go. I can't believe I have spent more than half of that gain on Dota 2. I need to stop.

Hugstable

Banned
Ip4FXFOc.jpg

He said only say it in a pm(and I already did:p), but TYBH :). Gotta make sure to catch up on that W1-2 first though

lol it doesn't matter to me, and congrats on The Witcher 3! Make sure your PC is ready by next year! Witcher 3 is gonna be melting computers. And yeah definitely play the first two, they are both very good in their own way.

Turfster

Oh, that should lead to a less cluttered thread.

Eh, I think that for the big ones, the winners will still want to stealthbrag and show off their winnings under the pretense of just thanking the person that did the giveaway.
Note the big multigif ZOMG reaction posts are usually only for the big budget titles and almost never for the older AAA games, and definitely never for the bundle games. =p

Where are you guys even seeing the Market stuff? Or is that just part of the latest Enhanced Steam for Chrome?

Install Enhanced Steam, go to the Market, it appears there. Below the Browse by Games section.

Sometimes it appears as 00 in everything, just hit F5 and it should fix itself.

Ibuki

Banned
Mine are skewed because I have been buying games with TF2 keys for a long while. My card sales haven't touched how much I have spent on that.

Alot of people in there are very good, and we are very casual to where we play maybe an hour or 2 together every day. The CS stuff usually lasts less than 2-3 hours of posts, so it doesn't deviate the thread and it is still steam related.

Oh, I wasn't implying that you should stop talking about it here. I was just making people aware of the OT.

Salsa

lookin at this on ES just makes me sad

rBXUDvZ.png

cause im like damn the effort

we need a button next to that that just launches all the games with cards and then puts em on the market a cent below the regular price

Hugstable

Banned
Gonna play a bit more Shovel Knight before hitting the sack tonight. Way too tired to go for Dark Souls right now, but I swear I'm gonna get back on that tomorrow

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam is bugged. It's showing that I have 0 drops remaining and 0 games with cards left. both are wrong.

Are you browsing Steam in English? Just curious because sometimes they change the layout in other languages and it causes this.

Shade

A few old bundle extras. Enjoy! (PS. Keldorn is an awesome person!)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wolves 2 -- MB-88DF26DC0518E46D - Taken by Kyougar. 3 entrants total.
Death to Spies Moment of Truth -- MB-50D960C94A1F498F - Taken by BadRamen. 1 entrants total.
Star Wolves -- MB-6D34F89AABD3C855 - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.
Worms -- MB-D83650221D40CFA7 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 5 entrants total.
Space Empires V -- MB-AA46E326F516A273 - Taken by Tellaerin. 1 entrants total.
puzzle agent 2 -- MB-F315B95C3C51EA0A - Taken by saunderez. 1 entrants total.
Star Wolves 3 Civil War -- MB-5EAA0EE0F312E0AD - Taken by Knurek. 5 entrants total.
puzzle agent -- MB-5DBF345A82DDA8DA - Taken by Yrael. 1 entrants total.

t1404707094z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah I'm browsing in English

Also if your sorting is set to "completed" or "rarity" it will cause this (since there games with drops aren't listed on that page). Let me know if you have it set to "In progress" and you're still experiencing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom