• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey, guys. Question. I have a gigantic backlog (as do most of us, I'm sure). Is there a way to set up a gaming queue on Steam (or a mod or something), just to keep track of what games I'm planning on playing next?

I just put the current games that I need to clear from my backlog into my favorites, and when they are done they get moved back to the library. Doesn't help that I have 27 games in my favorites though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
SO ENCO WHAT'S LIFE LIKE OVER THERE

Haha, it hasn't happened yet. He lives in the UK, which is good as far as lessening the potential for access overlap is concerned but bad when it comes to being around at the same time to actually get the ball rolling. ;)

jb1234

Thanks for the advice, guys! I'm playing Might and Magic X right now... and thinking of playing Spec Ops... and Antichamber and Original Sin and I just can't keep all these games straight!

I've never been very into trading cards, but I decided to play around with them a bit today...

- Started with ~$10 in my wallet
- Bought cards to fill out 10 badges
- Bought 5 games using coupons that came with the badges
- Ended with $0 in my wallet

The games I bought were:
- Secret of the Magic Crystals ($4.99 regular, $3.34 with coupon)
- LYNE ($2.99 regular, $0.75 with coupon)
- RIP - Trilogy ($4.99 regular, $0.50 with coupon)
- Chicken Shoot Gold ($6.99 regular, $0.70 with coupon)
- 140 ($4.99 regular, $2.49 with coupon)

So my $10 got me $22.45 of games and 10 badges, which seems like a pretty good deal. However, the two major caveats are (a) these are probably not games I would have bought otherwise and (b) I would imagine these games have been frequently on sale for significantly less than their regular prices.

Shengar

Thanks for the advice, guys! I'm playing Might and Magic X right now... and thinking of playing Spec Ops... and Antichamber and Original Sin and I just can't keep all these games straight!

Don't try to juggle games more than you capable off. Some difference in gameplay element might turn you off from a specific genre.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I've never been very into trading cards, but I decided to play around with them a bit today...

- Started with ~$10 in my wallet
- Bought cards to fill out 10 badges
- Bought 5 games using coupons that came with the badges
- Ended with $0 in my wallet

The games I bought were:
- Secret of the Magic Crystals ($4.99 regular, $3.34 with coupon)
- LYNE ($2.99 regular, $0.75 with coupon)
- RIP - Trilogy ($4.99 regular, $0.50 with coupon)
- Chicken Shoot Gold ($6.99 regular, $0.70 with coupon)
- 140 ($4.99 regular, $2.49 with coupon)

So my $10 got me $22.45 of games and 10 badges, which seems like a pretty good deal. However, the two major caveats are (a) these are probably not games I would have bought otherwise and (b) I would imagine these games have been frequently on sale for significantly less than their regular prices.

Please tell me that you're not actually planning on playing Secret of the Magic Crystals and Chicken Shoot Gold.

Also, 140 is in the current Humble Bundle at the pay what you want level.

Please tell me that you're not actually planning on playing Secret of the Magic Crystals and Chicken Shoot Gold.

Also, 140 is in the current Humble Bundle at the pay what you want level.

People new to Steam dont know the power of bundles yet.

In every Sale-Thread its like that. "Woah. Game XYZ costs 4$ during the Sale! GET IT!" "But it is in the 2$ Bundle with 10 other games." "Bundle? Whats that?"

;)

Chicken Shoot Gold's main virtue was its $0.70 price point, but from looking at the community page, I think Secret of the Magic Crystals might be 2010's sleeper hit, just you wait.

Don't try to juggle games more than you capable off. Some difference in gameplay element might turn you off from a specific genre.

This advice came way too late for me. Not that I would have heeded it, mind you, because I am in fact made of bravado and machismo. I've got 90 games installed, of those 90 I have a save in progress for like 75 of them, some of the games are endless but I keep setting new goals for myself, the remaining amount I'd like to start up one of these days. I haven't made any meaningful progress on any of the titles I have installed though. I also own a ps4 with pretty much everything that's been released that wasn't on steam or was known to run like poop. I also bought like 25 - 40 more games last sale, I'm planning on playing some of them, I guess.

What's even worse is that I'm incapable of picking what I want to play at this point and end up watching tv series, since I can't figure out what I'd actually like to play. Sometimes I think I like the idea of playing videogames more than actually playing them at this point.

Shadownet

Banned
It's 1:36 am and no Alpacamania. GAF...

2510923-conan_i_am_disappoint1.jpg

Hugstable

Banned
The alpacas sleep tonight. Do not disturb their slumber.

The alpacas are at rest, we wouldn't want them riled up again. So I decided later today after my usual Payday 2 rounds, I'm truly gonns force myself to beat O&S. I can't keep putting this off, this boss is a backlog creator.

Shadownet

Banned
Didn't we just have a big hoo-hah about going off topic?

I guess alpacas are never off topic

I think its okay to go off topic every now and then. I mean. I get bored talking about GAMES GAMES GAMES 24/7. i mean i love you guys, but even I wanna talk about something else for just a bit before we go back to our usual stuff. you know?

like how was everyone 4th of July??

JaseC

Chicken Shoot Gold's main virtue was its $0.70 price point, but from looking at the community page, I think Secret of the Magic Crystals might be 2010's sleeper hit, just you wait.

And as of last month it has DLC! I can only assume Artery is taking advantage of the fact that the game is a popular joke gift.

People new to Steam dont know the power of bundles yet.

In every Sale-Thread its like that. "Woah. Game XYZ costs 4$ during the Sale! GET IT!" "But it is in the 2$ Bundle with 10 other games." "Bundle? Whats that?"

;)

Keep buying games, never playing them, seeing them in a bundle, and being all dissapointed with myself. I don't even launch them or collect the cards ;(

I love bundles but they make me hate myself.

Ezalc

I think its okay to go off topic every now and then. I mean. I get bored talking about GAMES GAMES GAMES 24/7. i mean i love you guys, but even I wanna talk about something else for just a bit before we go back to our usual stuff. you know?

like how was everyone 4th of July??

Well I'm in Brasil, so we don't celebrate that. Though there was the world cup game here which had the brasilian team. I watched that at a friend's house and later we had a bros night. Ended up ordering pizza, playing some drinking games, laughing and talking a lot, and of course played a lot of local video games. I brought over some Motorstorm and Gundam Extreme vs. Had a blast :)

Shadownet

Banned
Well I'm in Brasil, so we don't celebrate that. Though there was the world cup game here which had the brasilian team. I watched that at a friend's house and later we had a bros night. Ended up ordering pizza, playing some drinking games, laughing and talking a lot, and of course played a lot of local video games. I brought over some Motorstorm and Gundam Extreme vs. Had a blast :)

How is pizza in brazil? the only other country i had pizza in was Vietnam and they were alright. nothing like American pizza.

Hugstable

Banned
Keep buying games, never playing them, seeing them in a bundle, and being all dissapointed with myself. I don't even launch them or collect the cards ;(

I love bundles but they make me hate myself.

Lol this why I rarely get bundles, not gonna end up downloading or playing alot of the games, and most games I buy on Steam I plan to at least play through someday, if even for a bit.

Then again it wasn't until now that I post and browse a forum topic where tons of impressions of the games I don't usually buy are located. Like I always got Gone Home confused with Home (very different I know, haven't played either) but after all the impressions here I definitely have it on my watchlist for when it goes on sale again.

Relax.MX

I just dont understand why PayPal hates me. I just want Stealth Bastard Deluxe from Gamefly and they just lock my account again :( never, never again. I want The Witcher 3 for 16 usd from Dunden too.

This is already the fourth time. With all respect.....Eeeeeeeeeehhh Puuuuto!! PayPal

Shade send me a copy!! thanks man!! Muchas gracias!!

My 4th of July was standard family gathering fare. Driving the family home was horrible though. My three week old daughter decided to scream the entire 30 minute car ride home. At one point we were stuck in traffic from a train crossing with her crying as loud as she could, and my three year old son repeatedly asking why he couldn't see any fireworks out his window no matter how my wife and I answered him.

JaseC

Lol this why I rarely get bundles, not gonna end up downloading or playing alot of the games, and most games I buy on Steam I plan to at least play through someday, if even for a bit.

Then again it wasn't until now that I post and browse a forum topic where tons of impressions of the games I don't usually buy are located. Like I always got Gone Home confused with Home (very different I know, haven't played either) but after all the impressions here I definitely have it on my watchlist for when it goes on sale again.

I have a tendency to confuse Victim of Xen with Xotic. I'd say it's because "Xen" makes me think of the alien world of Half-Life and for some reason that reminds me of Xotic.

Shadownet

Banned
My 4th of July was standard family gathering fare. Driving the family home was horrible though. My three week old daughter decided to scream the entire 30 minute car ride home. At one point we were stuck in traffic from a train crossing with her crying as loud as she could, and my three year old son repeatedly asking why he couldn't see any fireworks out his window no matter how my wife and I answered him.

dude. sounds like you were in a car ride to hell. but kids. you gotta love them though. too cute.

And as of last month it has DLC! I can only assume Artery is taking advantage of the fact that the game is a popular joke gift.

Wow, it does! And look at these great features:

ZmKLc3r.png

Sure, it took them until the DLC to add "easy controls", but finally they've arrived! Also, I can't wait to jump over Obstacles.

Ouch. Reminds me of my last Christmas (just replace daughter with niece and 30 minutes with 2 hours).

It's not celebrated here, but my 4th of July was spent staring at my email inbox waiting for Steam Support to fix my account.
Sigh.

oipic

[Enco] lives in the UK, which is good as far as lessening the potential for access overlap is concerned but bad when it comes to being around at the same time to actually get the ball rolling. ;)

That's good to hear, I'm glad it worked out that way in regard to time zones. I haven't had a chance to post since, but it's one of the most trusting things I've seen on the wilds of the internets, and you should be commended for taking such a leap of faith (although chances of a ratbag winning were minimal, really - there are very few of them here).

I didn't enter the Chocolate Factory giveaway, as I thought the 2-3 hour difference would lead me to feel I was imposing, as our gaming windows would likely overlap... but as small as the chance was that ModBot would call my name, I will always look back with a tinge of regret at what could've been... ;)

Shadownet

Banned
Wouldn't trade them for the world. :)

I'll trade you a copy of Witcher 3 and Batman Arkham Knight for them! :p Lol

I have a little brother. He's 10. Annoying most of the time, but idk what I would do without him.

------

Any of you guys that is playing Starbound right now. How is it? Worth it? It looked like a more awesome version of Terraria from what I've seen.

Backloggery to keep track and bltool to easily import your Steam library.

Did backloggery ever get the ability to automate games you're currently playing by reading your steam/ps3/xbox history?

That was the part I didn't like about it. If I can't bother to play games, why would I bother to try to keep a journal, essentially, on my gaming habits? I'm lazy... make it as easy as possible, then I'll use your tool.

Ezalc

How is pizza in brazil? the only other country i had pizza in was Vietnam and they were alright. nothing like American pizza.

It's great hahaha, toppings differ though obviously and I haven't seen much pan pizza here either.

I will say this, Pizza hut here is a million times better than in the US. Here in Brasil it's a bit fancier to eat at Pizza Hut, while in the US it's basically a normal everyday pizzaria. Here while it is a franchise, it still tends to be a much better quality than the US version where it's basically just a drive through type thing, it's a bit difficult to explain. So that surprised me to be honest. It's also much more expensive but so is basically everything else here.

wilflare

looking at my Market Transactions, it's shameful how much money I spent on those badges. sigh.

Steam should allow us more ways to manage our library
- Mark As Hidden
- Mark As Completed

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
It's great hahaha, toppings differ though obviously and I haven't seen much pan pizza here either.

I will say this, Pizza hut here is a million times better than in the US. Here in Brasil it's a bit fancier to eat at Pizza Hut, while in the US it's basically a normal everyday pizzaria. Here while it is a franchise, it still tends to be a much better quality than the US version where it's basically just a drive through type thing, it's a bit difficult to explain. So that surprised me to be honest. It's also much more expensive but so is basically everything else here.

Pizza Hut is in the US is not a pizzaria...its a slop shop. Pizza anywhere has got to be better then LA, I long for some NY pizza..its been 12 years...

Even in Tokyo i found some decent pizza places

I may be in too deep now. I've currently got Advent Rising running in the background to pick up a few of its surprisingly highly-valued trading cards. I do actually want to play it at some point, too...

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I dunno if anyone on GAF has ever heard of it, but this Rogue Legacy game is kinda neat.

I may be in too deep now. I've currently got Advent Rising running in the background to pick up a few of its surprisingly highly-valued trading cards. I do actually want to play it at some point, too...

Check out this fan patch for it.

looking at my Market Transactions, it's shameful how much money I spent on those badges. sigh.

Steam should allow us more ways to manage our library
- Mark As Hidden
- Mark As Completed

They need to port the "tagging" system they added to games in the store to the library.

I'm dying to be able to categorize based on a whole bunch of descriptors... and then just sort based on certain tags.

Franchise: XXXXX
Publisher: XXXXX
Dev: XXXXXX
Genres: XXXXX, XXXXXX, XXXXX

This way I can mark CoD games as multiplayer and FPS and Call of Duty and Activision, etc.

No more having to decide what the most dominate single trait is for grouping... I think I would jump for joy and then cry because I'd be so overwhelmed by the freedom of the tags to not know how to handle my library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom