• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Did backloggery ever get the ability to automate games you're currently playing by reading your steam/ps3/xbox history?

That was the part I didn't like about it. If I can't bother to play games, why would I bother to try to keep a journal, essentially, on my gaming habits? I'm lazy... make it as easy as possible, then I'll use your tool.
No, it's still manual. I don't mind it-- writing about games keeps me from playing them, in true SteamGAF tradition.

Pizza Hut is in the US is not a pizzaria...its a slop shop. Pizza anywhere has got to be better then LA, I long for some NY pizza..its been 12 years...

Even in Tokyo i found some decent pizza places
Chicago > NY > rest of world >>>> rest of USA

I dunno if anyone on GAF has ever heard of it, but this Rogue Legacy game is kinda neat.
I think GAF is kinda fond of it:

Shadownet

Banned
It's great hahaha, toppings differ though obviously and I haven't seen much pan pizza here either.

I will say this, Pizza hut here is a million times better than in the US. Here in Brasil it's a bit fancier to eat at Pizza Hut, while in the US it's basically a normal everyday pizzaria. Here while it is a franchise, it still tends to be a much better quality than the US version where it's basically just a drive through type thing, it's a bit difficult to explain. So that surprised me to be honest. It's also much more expensive but so is basically everything else here.

i can believe that. Over in Vietnam. KFC is the bomb. It taste so much better there, plus its really fancy too. They got two floors, overlooking the city. I also had the pleasure of trying this burger chain place called Lotteria. I think it originated from Hong Kong.

It's fast food like McDonalds, but they take a bit longer. so like 10 minutes before you see your food. But the quality is better. They have this bag of french fries where you open it, take a package of powder cheddar cheese I think. sprinkled it in the bag. shakes it and its ready to eat. its amazing.

Burgers are actually juicy. I went there almost everyday when I was in Vietnam for a month.

20130517-lotteria-panda-burger-post.jpg

lotteria.jpg

The alpacas are at rest, we wouldn't want them riled up again. So I decided later today after my usual Payday 2 rounds, I'm truly gonns force myself to beat O&S. I can't keep putting this off, this boss is a backlog creator.

You can't let O&S beat you! You must prevail! Once you finally beat them you will be awarded with "Amazing Chest ahead".

Caerith

They have this bag of french fries where you open it, take a package of powder cheddar cheese I think. sprinkled it in the bag. shakes it and its ready to eat. its amazing.
Shake Shake Fries. They're standard at McDonald's in HK actually-- no idea why they never took off in the US.

You can't let O&S beat you! You must prevail! Once you finally beat them you will be awarded with "Amazing Chest ahead".
Heh. That reminds me of someone I need to kill when GFWL gets patched out.

wilflare

They need to port the "tagging" system they added to games in the store to the library.

I'm dying to be able to categorize based on a whole bunch of descriptors... and then just sort based on certain tags.

Franchise: XXXXX
Publisher: XXXXX
Dev: XXXXXX
Genres: XXXXX, XXXXXX, XXXXX

This way I can mark CoD games as multiplayer and FPS and Call of Duty and Activision, etc.

No more having to decide what the most dominate single trait is for grouping... I think I would jump for joy and then cry because I'd be so overwhelmed by the freedom of the tags to not know how to handle my library.

I would be happy to have Completed and Hidden options. Heck, I think PSN needs to do this too. No point having games I want to hide or games I have completed dominate the top of the list.

But yes the Steam Library (the Client) is overdue for some major improvements. They need to hire jshackles to work his magic so users get proper library management.

No, it's still manual. I don't mind it-- writing about games keeps me from playing them, in true SteamGAF tradition.

Chicago > NY > rest of world >>>> rest of USA

I think GAF is kinda fond of it:

curious question - are you a games blogger? or write for any sites?

Haha, yeah, it all adds up.

sigh. the smarter thing to do now is to sell all my cards... but I know when the sales come I would craft them again.. how JaseC... how.

Shadownet

Banned
Shake Shake Fries. They're standard at McDonald's in HK actually-- no idea why they never took off in the US.

Send me some and I'll love you forever?

Probably 'Murica.

Middle of nowhere 'Murica probably. Here in the east coast even with the most basic internet. it's not that bad. (which is what I have)

btw, I saw part of your Broforce Stream. very nice gameplay mate :) enjoyed it.

supposedly 12seconds for me... on my 1Gbps... and that's about 38USD a month

gotta love the prices and Internet in Singapore/Japan/Korea hehe

me no love you anymore wilflare. :( i'd pay $36 for less than what you have. my max is like 6-700 mbps.

Shadownet

Banned
Just keep telling yourself that you'll play it at one point and it'll all be fine.

Or you'll never play it ever.

Honestly I'd buy it only for the panda bun.

they got some crazy burgers at Lotteria. (never had any)

like the Vader burger, ramen noodles burger, bacon cube burger. its crazy and i want it all.

I'm truly gonns force myself to beat O&S. I can't keep putting this off, this boss is a backlog creator.
You can do it! I spent 4hrs last night fighting them nonstop, and ugh, it was terrible.
But today after trying for 15m I managed to beat them, the thing that helped me out massively was upgrading my equipment, I got a Silver Knight Straight Sword and upgraded it to +4 went from dealing 43dmg to around 107 or so, was a massive help so you should definitely try upgrading your equipment if you're having a lot of trouble with them.

The reward you get for beating them as well is fantastic.

Caerith

curious question - are you a games blogger? or write for any sites?
Nope, haven't tried to con anyone into paying me to write stuff.

sigh. the smarter thing to do now is to sell all my cards... but I know when the sales come I would craft them again.. how JaseC... how.
I sell the cards I don't want badges for and, barring boosters, buy/trade for the cards I do want badges for, then sit on the "ready" button until the sales start and they count for something. I'm never crafting for a coupon again.

Sadly, I live in a third-world country known as the US, where the nearest shake shake fries are a 14-hour flight away. That's almost as long as the drive-thru at in-n-out.

Middle of nowhere 'Murica probably. Here in the east coast even with the most basic internet. it's not that bad. (which is what I have)

me no love you anymore wilflare. :( i'd pay $36 for less than what you have. my max is like 6-700 mbps.

I'm on the east coast too and while my internet is now better than it was, it's still garbage compared to most areas... it's ridiculous where America ranks overall on internet quality/infrastructure compared to the rest of the world. :|

Ezalc

Pizza Hut is in the US is not a pizzaria...its a slop shop. Pizza anywhere has got to be better then LA, I long for some NY pizza..its been 12 years...

Even in Tokyo i found some decent pizza places

Hahaha that's what I mean though, in the US it's pretty low quality fast food, here it's really fancy and the pizza is great!

Here in Brasil there are some really good mom and pop places, especially in my city which has a good culinary variety. There are quite a few fancier pizzarias I've been meaning to try out.

i can believe that. Over in Vietnam. KFC is the bomb. It taste so much better there, plus its really fancy too. They got two floors, overlooking the city. I also had the pleasure of trying this burger chain place called Lotteria. I think it originated from Hong Kong.

It's fast food like McDonalds, but they take a bit longer. so like 10 minutes before you see your food. But the quality is better. They have this bag of french fries where you open it, take a package of powder cheddar cheese I think. sprinkled it in the bag. shakes it and its ready to eat. its amazing.

Burgers are actually juicy. I went there almost everyday when I was in Vietnam for a month.

lotteria.jpg

Here McDonalds and Burger King are actually basically at the same quality than that of the US, if not a slight bit better but nowhere like the jump with Pizza Hut. There is a two story Burger King here that sits right on the same street as the clubs, it's kind of a funny sight actually seeing people at 3 in the morning all in fancy club dresses and whatnot crowding into a BK because they're hungry.

In regards to burgers though I stick to some local restaurants, price is basically the same but the quality is MUCH better. I will say though, those pictures that's some cruel punishment that looks really good man D:

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member

lotteria.jpg

They had Lotterias in Japan also...that and mos burger seamed to be the big burger joints

Shadownet

Banned
I'm on the east coast too and while my internet is now better than it was, it's still garbage compared to most areas... it's ridiculous where America ranks overall on internet quality/infrastructure compared to the rest of the world. :|

I heard its amazing over in Europe. We sucks.

Copons

So, I've been 30 for nine hours and I already feel that now I'm entitled to whatever shit comes up in my mind and everybody will be like yes Copons is totally right because is now a wise and respectable man, he should just need to finally drop the beard and wear a tie, but respectable nonetheless.

i hate it when mommy and daddy fight

can we go back to steam coupons

cus the only one I need is copons

Don't worry, I'll always be here.
And if I won't, just know it's not your fault.

It's most likely Brazil national football team's.

So Copons will know what giveaways he's missing out on when he wakes up

I missed a Witcher 3 giveaway but it wasn't a Dupy's one so I guess it doesn't count? :D

I also had the pleasure of trying this burger chain place called Lotteria.

Lotteria is the real motherfucking deal.

lotteria-tower-burger.jpg

So, I've been 30 for nine hours and I already feel that now I'm entitled to whatever shit comes up in my mind and everybody will be like yes Copons is totally right because is now a wise and respectable man, he should just need to finally drop the beard and wear a tie, but respectable nonetheless.

You can feel that way all you want, friend-o.
But I can tell you from experience that it's nothing more than the odometer turning over in a different slot. Otherwise, everyone would already "be like yes Frost is totally right because is now a wise and respectable man, he should just need to finally drop the beard and wear a tie, but respectable nonetheless."

10 hours for 1.5 GB? where do you live mate? Jeez..

That might take me 2 hours at most. maybe.

I'm pretty sure it's a server-side bottleneck; the file looks to be hosted on a personal website and while my connection isn't mind-blowing, I do a whole lot better than 43.9 KB/s. I just switched to a mirror and it's down to 14 minutes.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

UeZan.jpg

Happy birthday :p

wilflare

send me some of those cute panda buns and I'll... share my Internet speed (if only that is possible)

Sell your cards and only craft badges when you need to. 'Tis what I do.

hmm but won't it be expensive to buy back all the cards to craft? I go craft-crazy during sales... crafting even badges of games I don't have attachment to...

Nope, haven't tried to con anyone into paying me to write stuff.

I sell the cards I don't want badges for and, barring boosters, buy/trade for the cards I do want badges for, then sit on the "ready" button until the sales start and they count for something. I'm never crafting for a coupon again.

Sadly, I live in a third-world country known as the US, where the nearest shake shake fries are a 14-hour flight away. That's almost as long as the drive-thru at in-n-out.

sales make me irrational. I crafted for Bad Rats...

and that's probably the part I don't like about the States... that you really need a car to get anywhere especially if you are on the West Coast. I did enjoy walking just about anywhere in NYC. and I miss Shake Shack (which I feel is nicer than In and Out)

-hides in bunker-

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Lotteria is the real motherfucking deal.

lotteria-tower-burger.jpg

These ads wouldn't look out of place in a GTA game. Speaking of which, I'm a little surprised that GTAV's pre-order isn't live yet -- it's been a week since the Summer Sale ended.

Salsa

These ads wouldn't look out of place in a GTA game. Speaking of which, I'm a little surprised that GTAV's pre-order isn't live yet -- it's been a week since the Summer Sale ended.

look at Jase trying to bring the offtopic home again and put it back on track

what a segway

wilflare

Just buy the cheapest ones. ;) You'd be losing cents rather than dollars.

*bows*

I guess I should just sell everything... the only reason I craft is for friend slots, profile showcases and getting those summer cards anyway.

(should have my sold my Astebreed ones when they were almost a buck each)

JaseC

Idling for cards takes a long time :(

I wish drop times were more consistent. It's immensely frustrating when your first drop takes 10 minutes and the rest take half an hour.

I guess I should just sell everything... the only reason I craft is for friend slots, profile showcases and getting those summer cards anyway.

(should have my sold my Astebreed ones when they were almost a buck each)

Lesson learned. ;)

Sarcasm

Internet where I live (Taiwan) is dirt cheap lol. Lowest tier is like 4 usd heh

**The bread here in Asia..from personal experience..is a bit too sweat even if it has nothing on/in it.

I just finished Banner Saga (5 day weekend, have tomorrow and Tuesday off :D), definitely a great game. The story was really interesting and made it hard to stop playing. Also the amount of choices you have to make is pretty crazy. There were very few times where there was a clear right or wrong choice and most of the choices had a real impact on how the game played out.

I didn't like how I felt strapped for renown (currency, use it for leveling, and buying items/supplies) most of the game, but it really does make what you spend on it more meaningful. It forces you to choose between leveling up characters, buying useful items, or having enough supplies to keep the caravan going. Keeping that balanced was a challenge and it came back to bite me at times. The art style is really cool and unique too. I highly recommend it if you like strategy games at all.

I'm going to start Witcher 2 tomorrow so I can be ready for 3!

Salsa

when I wanna idle I just go to bed with all games I want on SAM and when I wake up I almost always get all the cards

the problem is my gameplay tracking is all fucked and now people can look at my profile and go "wtf this guy played 50 hours of Rush Bros?"

wilflare

I wish drop times were more consistent. It's immensely frustrating when your first drop takes 10 minutes and the rest take half an hour.

Lesson learned. ;)

hahaha I was like (I should craft this one since I like the game so much right) but oh well... I'm lying to myself the badges mean nothing to me anyway.

I usually keep cards so I don't have to purchase entire sets during the sale.

Dr Dogg

I used to upload a bunch of screens to Steam, but what I would actually do is take the same shot with Steam and with an external app, and then replace the steam jpg with something that is less compressed before uploading.

Pain in the butt, so I got lazy and stopped eventually.

Yeah I've done it before when using the uncompressed shots from Steam and swapping them over, though sometimes it didn't register for some odd reason even though file names and types where the same. Though my screenshoting workflow at the moment is a mess as instead of using one program I've hot 3 or 4 with GeDoDaSo in the mix. Steam just becomes a royal pain in the arse to manage unlike my automated Photoshop workflow which pretty much resizes, adjusts and uploads them to Flickr in seconds.

But yeah I git lazy too!

i've been playing this thing on my phone and its pretty good

bXr6CXp.png

OjUnvXd.png

could work well on steam even with gamepad controls

edit: huh, looks really aliased when not on the phone screen

Considering the hate it got before the game had even come out it's really good. Works and looks great on an iPad. You never know it might come Steam side. Might lose a little in the control stakes and it's not like Deus Ex: The Fall where it was a more traditional game stuffed into touch controls but vise versa.

Oh and yeah it's amazing what proper resolution (ie pixel density, high resolving ppi) does to the quality of an image. Makes me cringe when peeps are talking about their 75" 1920x1080 LCD TVs. You'd have to throw that the other side of the house not to spot the obvious flaws.

Happy b'day dude! Don't worry it's all up hill from here. We'll unless you realise that you're expected to have greater responsibility now and house work, mortgage repayments and bills become a priority over dicking around, partying and boozing it up. All I say is thank fuck I don't have a joint bank account or there would be tears before bedtime.

JaseC

when I wanna idle I just go to bed with all games I want on SAM and when I wake up I almost always get all the cards

the problem is my gameplay tracking is all fucked and now people can look at my profile and go "wtf this guy played 50 hours of Rush Bros?"

Yeah, I'd do the same if it were possible to reset playtime stats, but as it is I'd rather not inflate my stats more than necessary.

Happy birthday Copons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom