• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the thread Mr Orange.

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/283230/

I feel a game worth watching is Spoiler Alert, which has released.

It is a platformer where you travel backwards through a level and have to "reproduce" whatever happened previously. For example you have to jump to where a coin has been previously grabbed so it can be returned to that position. If you fail to do so, or don't complete another task like jumping on a dead enemy to bring them back to life you fail and have to try again.

Lets Play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB79Clm4Uas

I'm not 100% sold on it until I know how much content there is, but I like the idea.

Deques

define bad ;)

I can't even get 3 million points in the first chapter

Thanks Vuze for Mass Effect, too bad it's a game I already have so I am giving it to someone else
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mass Effect -- MB-D948DADEA86971AE - Taken by Gez. 9 entrants total.

t1404212503z1.png

and thanks PunishedSnake for Woodle Tree Adventures

Copons

Ikaruga's challenge is legendary.

2 lives & no continues in order to truly master the game? Fucking hell, game is brutally hard and extremely elegant.

AHAHA

Oh my god.
I consider myself a good bullet hell player (relatively to ALL gamers, not the shmup niche), but holy shit Ikaruga always had its way to break down my brain.
I mean, I'm
was, as now I'm years out of training
pretty confident with Don/DoDonPachi, Jamestown, or whatever, but fuck, having to switch color is too hard for my mind to process.

Damn you Ikaruga, almost 15 years of inferiority complex and still I'd buy you for the third time.

Thanks for the thread Mr Orange.

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/283230/

I feel a game worth watching is Spoiler Alert, which has released.

It is a platformer where you travel backwards through a level and have to "reproduce" whatever happened previously. For example you have to jump to where a coin has been previously grabbed so it can be returned to that position. If you fail to do so, or don't complete another task like jumping on a dead enemy to bring them back to life you fail and have to try again.

Lets Play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB79Clm4Uas

I'm not 100% sold on it until I know how much content there is, but I like the idea.

Concept reminds me of Retro/Grade. This one's art style looks kinda bad, tho. :(

aku:jiki

Ikaruga's challenge is legendary.

2 lives & no continues in order to truly master the game? Fucking hell, game is brutally hard and extremely elegant.
It's not legendary, it's the genre standard. Just because other games give you infinite continues doesn't mean you should use them. It's a little frustrating how this game is so overrated it gets praise for doing shit every other game in the genre does.

I was going to make a joke about how someone's probably going to praise it for having points but you just praised it for having a multiplier!

Well if you do make one. Best of luck, and you may want to include some visual representation with those awesome webms that were made in the previous thread. I forgot who made them though :(

Thank you! :) I really have the drive to make one along with a few ideas but it will probably take me a few days though I guess there's no harm working each day for a bit on it. And yeah good point about the WebM's, I know someone who made atleast one so I could ask them and for the rest I might make my own WebMs. I'm still not sure if I do the whole OT thing but I will see how it goes :)

Is there any software to let me preview posts in terms of formatting and all? I'm aware GAF has a "Preview Post" function but I'm not sure it will just let me sit there between multiple days :/

Ozium

Humble Indie Bundle 12 later today featuring the likes of:

PWUW:

Teslagrad
Imagine Me
Jazzpunk
Always Sometimes Monsters

BTA:

Sir, You Are Being Hunted
DreadOut
Vertiginous Golf
A Story About My Uncle

BELIEVE

Deques

Humble Indie Bundle 12 on Tuesday featuring the likes of:

PWUW:

Teslagrad
Imagine Me
Jazzpunk

BTA:

DreadOut
Vertiginous Golf
A Story About My Uncle

BELIEVE

A bundle where I don't have any of the games already? Yes, please!!

Vuze

wow my first major win, thanks Vuze!
i gave away LE skyrim before
i guess it's a good karma.
Thank you so much for Defy Gravity, Vuze!!
Thanks a lot for They Breathe! it looks weird but i like frogs, i'll try it out :D
Cheers :)

Thanks Vuze for Mass Effect, too bad it's a game I already have so I am giving it to someone else
Thanks again for keeping it within SteamGAF :)

So decline the gift correct..that is what you mean by nuke?
Also thank you, I will try to nuke the ModBot key and create a new quick raffle with the game.

aku:jiki

Humble Indie Bundle 12 on Tuesday featuring the likes of:

PWUW:

Teslagrad
Imagine Me
Jazzpunk

BTA:

DreadOut
Vertiginous Golf
A Story About My Uncle

BELIEVE
Wait, hold the phone, stop the presses... Imagine Me?

QoZq3lv.gif

Garcia

AHAHA

Oh my god.
I consider myself a good bullet hell player (relatively to ALL gamers, not the shmup niche), but holy shit Ikaruga always had its way to break down my brain.
I mean, I'm
was, as now I'm years out of training
pretty confident with Don/DoDonPachi, Jamestown, or whatever, but fuck, having to switch color is too hard for my mind to process.

Totally. I mean, this game puts my Axelay's "Hard mode No-Hit run" to shame. Dodging bullets feels stupid easy all of a sudden.

I felt so overwhelmed and humbled by Ikaruga during my first tries; no other bullet-hell shmup has ever given me that treatment before. My brain couldn't even process what the fuck was going on at Stage 3.

I'm getting so much better at it.

PWUW:

Teslagrad
Imagine Me
Jazzpunk

BTA:

DreadOut
Vertiginous Golf
A Story About My Uncle

BELIEVE

The next Humble Bundle will probably have 3 or 4 games we just bought from the summer sale for $1.

I guess there are worse things than waking up to water coming in your house, but damn.

Damage control time!

I'm dying to play Divinity: OS but want to finish Dark Souls 2 first. I just hit Dragon's Aerie, how much do I have left?

Not much. Only a couple areas left.

Vuze

ModBots nuke command doesn't seem to work, so... first to quote this post with his or her Steam profile link will get a copy of Awesomenauts :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Also regarding this whole steam wallet trading thing. I think it won't come for a few months, and when it does; It probably won't allow cross-currency trading.

Yeah, that was my thought initially, too, but with Steam set to support more than a dozen more currencies, I think the opposite is more likely -- US folks not being able to send Aussies what practically amounts to a Steam gift card strikes me as woefully short-sighted. Time will tell.

Mono

PWUW:

Teslagrad
Imagine Me
Jazzpunk

BTA:

DreadOut
Vertiginous Golf
A Story About My Uncle

BELIEVE

Fingers crossed for Sir, You Are Being Hunted!

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
todays HB will probably be

PWUW
Marlow Briggs artwork
Awesomenauts costume DLC
Velvet Assassin soundtrack

BTA
Marlow Briggs
Velvet Assassin
Legendary
Real Horror Stories
more Awesomenauts costume DLC

$15
Brothers a tale of Two Sons
Awesomenauts
Takedown Red Sabre

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Text on that nice avatar was bothering me for some reason, so I cleaned it a little, I hope you don't mind

iJG92o09uSJvt.png

I appreciate the effort, but my Steam avatar uses the same image, so I can't in good conscience change one but not the other. Here's the source if you want to kill some time. ;)

Shantom

In case you still have too much time on your hands.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Galactic Civilizations I: Ultimate Edition & Galactic Civilizations II -- MB-2B83CDD072EE4DBA - Taken by Tektonic. 5 entrants total.

t1404214531z1.png

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh man. I was THIS close to 1CC'ing Crimzon Clover on Novice. Last boss had like, |_________________| that much health left. I continued anyway because I wanted to see the end of the game, but damn...SO CLOSE.

I'm kinda glad it ended there, because now I'm even more motivated to go back and do it even better next time.

mrgone

The next Humble Bundle will probably have 3 or 4 games we just bought from the summer sale for $1.

The community voting already saved us from this with Creeper World 3, which is in the latest Indie Gala Monday bundle for $1.49 (a couple of dollars cheaper than the would-be Steam sale. So it's already begun! Gird your loins folks, it's gonna sting.

Phinor

Ahh July. Finally a month with (almost) no interesting game releases, time to clear that backlog one by one!

Incidentally, one of the best days of the year. NHL free agency. At least three people in this thread... forum.. world care about this.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
That sounds like a nightmare. Hopefully it's not too bad.

I'd imagine the margin is fairly small while you are looking at the volume of business.

Assuming that most of them are selling games at 110% of the russian price, this person had a profit of 357 dollars plus another $37 or so from selling the cards.

Not bad, considering that some people work their ass off to earn that kind of money, while these traders are simply exploiting regional pricing differences and just sit around buying and selling games on demand

That sounds like a nightmare. Hopefully it's not too bad.

I'd imagine the margin is fairly small while you are looking at the volume of business.

The markup is generally around 10% unless you get a good deal, so I'd say that's at least $300 of profit (+cards and/or crafting rewards) which will buy you a lot of games in russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom