• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Abyss Odyssey - Advanced Combat Mechanics Guide
iH12LMrtuMwYQ.gif

The game just keeps on giving.

Who is doing the OT? Cuz I have a subtitle idea: 'Brooke's lost years'

Arthea

I made another sales resolution, this time about not buying anything, unless I plan to play it right away, minus great deals, that can't be missed and bundles.
that means nothing changes... (._.)

wilflare

I made another sales resolution, this time about not buying anything, unless I plan to play it right away, minus great deals, that can't be missed and bundles.
that means nothing changes... (._.)

I told myself that. and I spent a lot on bundles..

thankfully some of the recent IG bundles are pretty decent.

That sounds like a nightmare. Hopefully it's not too bad.

It certainly was when I woke up at 1AM. Managed to get my desktop out and unplug the power before things went really south. Doesn't look like lasting damage...just a lot of wetness

Assuming that most of them are selling games at 110% of the russian price, this person had a profit of 357 dollars plus another $37 or so from selling the cards.

Not bad, considering that some people work their ass off to earn that kind of money, while these traders are simply exploiting regional pricing differences and just sit around buying and selling games on demand

It seems like a piece of cake, but I remember when Dunder closed up and let is in on the details. Sounds like a huge headache unless you have a solid system down, which i'm sure most of these guys do.

Kiru

I just got my 5th e-mail in an hour for "Steam account - Query account by CD-key", I've got no idea why, and it's really weird.

Someone used a key you already applied to your account. Maybe you ninjad something somewhere ?
Also that said person seems butthurt about it

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the thread Mr Orange.

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/283230/

I feel a game worth watching is Spoiler Alert, which has released.

It is a platformer where you travel backwards through a level and have to "reproduce" whatever happened previously. For example you have to jump to where a coin has been previously grabbed so it can be returned to that position. If you fail to do so, or don't complete another task like jumping on a dead enemy to bring them back to life you fail and have to try again.

Lets Play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB79Clm4Uas

I'm not 100% sold on it until I know how much content there is, but I like the idea.
This sounds nice. I'll try to keep this game in mind.

On another note, I finally finished MGS3 last night (on 3DS, aka Salsa's turf). What a ride it was! The port is flawed, but the game itself is great, even though the few hours were rather boring for me. Kojima, you are a genius.

JakeD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

metal planet -- MB-1405A051445FD888
WW2 time of wrath -- MB-CED09926CFE02596 - Taken by Catshade

couple leftovers - indiegala links

Vuze

Thanks for the heads up Deques.

Started game -> pressed A to get to the main menu -> achievement unlocked. welp lol
But the teaser trailer looked somewhat promising so I shall give it a go.

MadGear

More like Shitface. The game is terrible, if you are going to do free to play at least make a good game people want to invest in.

Well it actually just is the Crysis 2 multiplayer stripped of everything that made it interesting and set in a super generic military scenario. I'm not saying that Crysis 2 was super creative because it is just Call of Duty with suit powers, but this little difference actually allowed me to have fun with it (loved kicking cars into other players :D).
Still, they just should have made a Crysis Warhead 2. I personally think it offered the best Multiplayer out of any of Crytek's games so far.

But oh well, maybe they get Homefront's multiplayer right.

Jakoozie89

Neo Member
Question: I installed Enhanced Steam, and got 550 euros. Not bad. But, does this sum also include the games that I haven't bought through Steam, only activated?

BHK3

Banned
So I think I fugged up, was editing my bioshock infinite .ini to remove the starting logos and now the game just goes black when it boots...should I just delete the .ini then verify game files to bring the original back? Cause now when I search it says there are no Startupmovies at all. I know I was supposed to make a backup...but it was deleting logos...how did this happen

Arthea

Finally some good Trails in the Sky news again

It shouldn't be too much longer now.

It can be interpreted in different ways, but seeing Xseed is doing QA now, it actually might be really soon. We are talking only FC there, of course.

edited: also it has cards, but this was posted several times already.

Deques

So I think I fugged up, was editing my bioshock infinite .ini to remove the starting logos and now the game just goes black when it boots...should I just delete the .ini then verify game files to bring the original back? Cause now when I search it says there are no Startupmovies at all. I know I was supposed to make a backup...but it was deleting logos...how did this happen

You removed the lines where you were supposed to comment them out. So that's why you can't find them anymore. Try to move the .ini file to somewhere else and try to start the game to see if it will be created again

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Finally some good Trails news again

It can be interpreted in different ways, but seeing Xseed is doing QA now, it actually might be really soon. We are talking only FC there, of course.

I'll believe it when I see it at this point, but my avatar is still ready.

BHK3

Banned
You removed the lines where you were supposed to comment them out. So that's why you can't find them anymore. Try to move the .ini file to somewhere else and try to start the game to see if it will be created again

All I did was add semicolons to the start of each line, like every single guide said(I was mostly looking to increase the texture cache but decided not to). I'll try that.

Edit: Ayyyyy worked like a charm, ok attempt No. 2

marrec

Banned
Finally some good Trails in the Sky news again

I'm going to be buying this game a lot for my friends while waiting for SC on PSP. :-/

Vuze

wtf got that teaser trailer to do with the game haha
I mean, it's not a horrible game, it looks kinda nice and is a generic Jump'n'Run but charging 9€ for it? It's nice for free tho. Almost killed 20mins with it now :p
(talking about Imagine Me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom