• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadGear

All I did was add semicolons to the start of each line, like every single guide said(I was mostly looking to increase the texture cache but decided not to). I'll try that.

Edit: Ayyyyy worked like a charm, ok attempt No. 2

Just gave it a quick try using the answer posted here. Worked fine for me, skipped every intro movie.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Finally some good Trails in the Sky news again

It can be interpreted in different ways, but seeing Xseed is doing QA now, it actually might be really soon. We are talking only FC there, of course.

edited: also it has cards, but this was posted several times already.

I feel as though I've been hearing about the PC port for years now.

Someone used a key you already applied to your account. Maybe you ninjad something somewhere ?
Also that said person seems butthurt about it
If someone is redeeming the same CD keys you have redeemed, he or she has the option to send emails to the redeemed account.

Edit:Beaten
Ah alright, thanks for the info! :)

what does the email say and what cd key is it for

It just says this

Dear Steam User,

This is an automated message generated by Steam account administration. It is being sent in response to a query made by a Steam user to discover all account names associated with this CD-key.

Steam account name: <my steam account name>

If you requested this query, please use the above account name to log in to Steam. If you cannot remember your password, click on the “Retrieve lost account” button on the Steam login screen.
If you did not request this query, please ignore this message – users cannot gain access to your account via the Find Account By CD Key process without access to your email account.

To further safeguard your account please read the following FAQs.
Doesn't even say which game :(

Garcia

I just finished playing Imagine Me. Asking for $10 when the game is in such an early state is overkill, honestly. I won't be too harsh it because it's clear this is one of the first indie attempts of the developer. I will say, however, that he urgently needs to polish the gameplay and make the levels more coherent if he wants to create a puzzle platformer.

ViviOggi

Astebreed and Ikaruga just reminded me of how bad I am at shmups. Enjoying both a lot but Astebreed's plot boggles the mind.

Also getting crazy value out of their animu cards

yGray

Banned
Real talk: I was thinking last night about streaming games to the Vita. It's one of the best controllers for 2D games. Steam already has a pretty great streaming service and the Vita is made to stream with the PS4. It can't be too hard. And it would benefit Sony to do this since hardcore Steam users would buy a Vita and then end up buying the actual Vita versions of games to use when they're not near the internet.

derExperte

Please explain quarter final's German friend.

Hello my soon to be battered by mighty Switzerland friend
j/k but if anyone can make it happen it's Ottmar
, he started out perfectly fine, mostly posting deals but then ramped up his presence significantly until I and others got the feeling that he's fishing for attention. Even got some gaming related tattoo which he posted on GAF, some had no problem with that but considering why he was here in the first place it went too far imo. He never really found a good balance.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Ah, good old Steam thread... home sweet home...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Creeper World 3 Arc Eternal -- MB-B593BF1FDFDCDB0B - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
RUSH -- MB-9C388BE9F4345E24 - Taken by Garcia. 3 entrants total.
Metal Planet -- MB-105E932E48128FF5 - Taken by Benedict. 2 entrants total.

t1404220005z1.png

Tizoc

Hello
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Derrick the Deathfin -- MB-ACB20D96F7819AB4
t1cxE6r.gif
The Blackwell Bundle -- MB-CA86FBF2B9139B66
t1cxE6r.gif
Ikaruga -- MB-5BC89A507291104A
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-28FE26BC2624B167
SpaceChem -- MB-115CAEDCD6D6E62C
They breathe -- MB-B0814770B64FD5E5

t1404303406z1.png

Terra_Ex

It can be interpreted in different ways, but seeing Xseed is doing QA now, it actually might be really soon. We are talking only FC there, of course.

What a tease. I've been waiting so long to play Trails now, the money is standing by... Of course, this will render my PSP copy (which I've yet to play) useless but everything's better on Steam...

yuraya

New thread and already almost 20 pages. SteamGAF is craysi

Real talk: I was thinking last night about streaming games to the Vita. It's one of the best controllers for 2D games. Steam already has a pretty great streaming service and the Vita is made to stream with the PS4. It can't be too hard. And it would benefit Sony to do this since hardcore Steam users would buy a Vita and then end up buying the actual Vita versions of games to use when they're not near the internet.

Wait for the Steamboy ;P

Directly into my veins!

I just entered the Imagine Me Alpha thingy from Alienware and jumped through 2 levels before I have to run now again though they dearly need to implement a FPS limiter in this game. I wondered why my GPU started to howl after a while despite it being a super simple game... it ran at 1112fps... I manually limited it with RadeonPro now :p

Phinor

Virtua Tennis 4 $2.99 on GMG.

This is one of those licensed game that'll probably be pulled from steam down the line right?

From what I've read it's a decent game for a tennis game newbie? Might as well, something to spend some of that credit on. I could use a decent golf game too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just entered the Imagine Me Alpha thingy from Alienware and jumped through 2 levels before I have to run now again though they dearly need to implement a FPS limiter in this game. I wondered why my GPU started to howl after a while despite it being a super simple game... it ran at 1112fps... I manually limited it with RadeonPro now :p

Haha, I encountered a similar "problem" with Stranger's Wrath HD. I generally don't bother with vsync, but I didn't have much of a choice in this case. ;)

kierwynn

I have been holding off playing this game until the steam version comes out. I've been beginning to wonder if I should just go ahead and pick up a psp copy, but then things like this happen and I get a little bit of hope. Don't play with my heart like this, Xseed!

Jawmuncher

I have been holding off playing this game until the steam version comes out. I've been beginning to wonder if I should just go ahead and pick up a psp copy, but then things like this happen and I get a little bit of hope. Don't play with my heart like this, Xseed!

In the same boat. Have been so close to grabbing the PSP version.

Sendou

The Walking Dead Season 2 seems like a worthy successor if episode 1 is any indicator of the quality of latter episodes. These games just click with me so well. Eager to see how this concept transfers to a different world with Wolf Among Us.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Haha, I encountered a similar "problem" with Stranger's Wrath HD. I generally don't bother with vsync, but I didn't have much of a choice in this case. ;)

Awww, I totally forgot to pick up The Oddboxx during this sale. It wasn't mentioned in the hidden deals thread either... Now I'm sad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom