• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam Share has been really buggy over the last few months. Some days it'll work fine and I can use games from a friend's account, other times it will say his account no longer exist. I would just think it was that one account, but it happens with 3 other friend share accounts too.

Sometimes a reboot of Steam works, sometimes it doesn't. Stupid steam.

Way to exploit your steam bros

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Thanks, the game looks like it could be something special. The title is also close to Abe's Oddyssey which can't hurt. Maybe they should have kept the extra d...

Although this is worrying.

I think they are meshing mechanics from traditional progression elements with the roguelike elements of the randomly generated areas of the game. It simply means you should be able to progress the game even after you die because you will be acquiring new skills which doesn't mean much if you don't learn the mechanics of the game as each enemy has pretty much the same amount of moves as your character or close to it since they are also playable.(Currently 37 playable characters and more characters to come in the future apparently) The story itself explains why your character respawns and why things change in the world. It makes sense for the characters to keep progress thanks to the narrative aspect of the game (it goes meta from what previews suggest) and its nice to see it play a bit with the formula of the rouge games a bit different. We´ll see how it goes but Im not too worried about that aspect.

ViviOggi

From the Magic 2015 trailer:

hVnAPWl.png
Dat Hearthstone fear

I don't really understand this oversaturation of near-future military F2P FPS type games. It seems to me that in any given genre, it's only able to support one or two games of that genre at most, and any newcomers are destined to fail horribly.

Which seems to be what Crytek are now experiencing with Warface. :) They would probably be a more succesful company if they tried to be the leader instead of just a follower.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Some sound bites from the Polygon article about Magic 2015:

The game offers an initial deck of 60 cards and walks players through its complex rules, explaining how the cards work. ... Duels of the Planeswalkers features 300 different cards, although players can use duplicates.

Duels of the Planeswalkers allows players to construct their own deck, as they see fit, something new for the series, which offers a digital release on an annual basis.

"This year we're featuring full deck-building," she said. "In the past we've prescribed decks to our players but now we're letting them get into the real heart of Magic, which is that experience of constructing exactly what you want in a deck and then playing it out."

As players gain experience and win games, they add new cards. But instead of those cards being entirely random, players can choose the direction they want to go. Generally, this will mean adding favorable color cards.

"You can see the whole collection that's available to you, you can plot where you want to go next with how you want to build your deck," she said. "In previous iterations of the game, especially last year, you could earn a whole deck. You could modify it from there, but you had to earn this bucket of cards, so to speak."

I'm sold.

Also - for those of you looking into the "complete" bundle: don't do it! In years past this "early unlock" DLC completely ruins the game. See above in the quote about unlocking the cards through gameplay and progressing by collecting the cards you want to use. If you buy them all up front, you're taking one of the best aspects of this game out of it completely.

donny2112

6 years for the Silver Steam thread. Another 2 years for the Golden Steam thread (unless it starts hitting the post limit in consistently much less than a month). :O

Congratulations, all! :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Called it.

B0kxzIa.png

Doesn't currently link to anything

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Magic 2013 was really lacking in customization, so Magic 2015 seems like it could be great. It feels like they're chasing the Hearthstone money, though.

Hugstable

Banned
GO GO CANADA DAY! And 5.99 Luftrausrs for those who wanted it during the Summer Sale!

Edit: Actually that might be the same price as the sale? I forgot lol

Nabs

Guacamelee
Mark of the Ninja
Fez
Rogue Legacy
They Bleed Pixels
Starseed Pilgrim
TowerFall Ascension
Dyad
Retro City Rampage
Superbrothers
Contrast
Home
The Yawhg

Mokoi

Banned
Wanted was that movie with the guys who can curve the bullets right? They made a licensed game of the movie? The movie was okay, didn't think they would make a game off it though.

Haha I actually remember Stranglehold and actually liked that game.

Yeah they made a game, and it's one of the only movie based games that I actually liked. It's surprises me so much to know that there are actually other people who liked it too. The whole curving bullet mechanic was so much fun.

Seems like steam keys for Three Dead Zed are going out. I got mine from the Desura collection page. Though it claims I got the game from Bundle-in-a-box even though I'm 99% it came from the Capsule Computers Groupees Bundle from last September sometime.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Guys, 10 new pages since my last post, you are going to end up killing me :(

I am for the first time in quite a while overwhelmed with games to play, yet in a week won't be able to play any for like a month

my life is hard guys
crymoar, etc.
:p

DAFQU 25 pages in 6 hours?

Guys, sales are over, get a grip of yourselves!!
Switch to superior 100ppp, you have less pages to wade through!

Im rooting for USA to win tonight because then the next game would be on July 4th, would be an awesome date...
for them to LOSE AT

evil-laugh-gif.gif
Bwahahahaha, now I want that to happen xD

Metro-master race :p
brofist!

I'm not sure how anyone can say the 3DS screen is alright. You can literally see the pixels when you're playing. Giant chunks!

Which would be acceptable if the screen was great colorwise but it isn't and most of the games don't have any antialiasing because the system isn't very powerful and so on.
My only real grip with the 3DS screens is the fact that the lower one is notably brighter than the 3D one, which can be really annoying and distracting if the top one is showing some dark scene and the bottom one isn't.

I did. Without Suarez, Uruguay is shit. Italy on the other hand are generally a shit side - so much talent but crap football.
Not shit, just mediocre.
Arrogant Uruguay is the one that plays like shit.

Up until recently, I thought I had played Dark Souls but it was actually Demon's Souls...

-___-

This is how I felt...

giphy.gif
The Inbetweeners is such an excellent series, I still haven't watched the movie though.

We should make a thread akin to the backlog completion threads where we try to finish as many games as possible that we got this sale before the next sale.
That'd be quite the barren topic.

Woah, I go to sleep and then we're on the 27th page of the 25th thread now?
27 pages already!?

Dang guys
Yeah, it happens :(
Good that I'm not the only one that complains about that! :p

I have to wait until I'm on fibre before 100ppp becomes viable. :p
I have 100ppp even on mobile (and I only have 3G there).

I missed it too. All those Russian sellers thought it was easy money when they tried to resell it for a higher price. Now those who couldn't sell all those gifts are now stuck with them since they got region locked.
Especially this guy
That's pretty funny, also it's not like the guy spent that much money anyway :p

It should be a week-long celebration, with Canadaily Deals.
therockclap.gif

lol I was kidding

you guys are weird

erryday is uruguay day

Uruguay Day Sale: Kingdom Rush

and.. Kingdom Rush
:lol
Truth hurts :(

Yeah, but 0.5% is much better than (what may be) 5.0%. If you have someone you buy from regularly then there'll likely be no reason to switch. It's a good thing for those new to the trading scene, though.
That depends on where you are though, here Paypal doesn't offer the gift option, and the fees are like 3.9%, so not much difference with Steam's (apparent) 5%.

How come we haven't been pushed off to the Community side?
We are too cool for that :)

Paypal takes less then 5%, plus I hate valve.
Barely less in a lot of countries, and probably the wrong topic for the second statement.

Dragon's Dogma runs on MT framework :(
Capcpom gonna Capcpom.

As some of you know, I bought Call of Duty: Black Ops from GMG this morning thinking I could play it on my Windows machine. I sent them a polite email with pictures attached to explain to them I had misunderstood.

To my relief and happiness, I just now got a mail, were they have given me a full refund for the game.

Great customer service at GreenManGaming.com.
Really cool of them to do a refund, I certainly did not expect that :O

Hah, my thoughts exactly.

I guess there are worse things than waking up to water coming in your house, but damn.

Damage control time!
D:
Hope not much damage happened and all goes well!

Imagine Me Alpha/Beta access giveaway by Alienware Arena

Looks like I already got the game from a previous bundle (which I don't remember which).
Thanks for that, just got my key :D

Virtua Tennis 4 $2.99 on GMG.

This is one of those licensed game that'll probably be pulled from steam down the line right?
They removed VT2009 from Steam already, so it's likely yes.

Why doesn't Spacechem get a "hot" icon? :(

New thread and already almost 20 pages. SteamGAF is craysi
Why yes, yes it is.

I also started playing Mirror's Edge last night. OH MY GOD....

it's really fun.
I loved it, such an excellent game.
The gunplay is garbage though, I ended up doing a pacifist run on my first playthrough.

My condolences.
:lol
The movie does look like it's quite terrible, like the others.

cmon argieland

cmon messi

make zky happy
Kris has this one in the bag.

i know you all can't wait.

• Relive the film's best scenes!
shortest game ever.
If I can play with HitGirl and be a badass then I'll take it.

If we're going to put old-ass movie games on Steam, PLZ put Wanted: Weapons of Fate back on Steam. Legitimately good game that didn't get the love it deserved and would have been much better received if it was sold for a cheaper price, and the publisher is Warner Bros who is still on Steam. The challenge is that Warner Bros doesn't own the IP, Universal does, so I'm sure contract issues on that side are the reason it's not up :/
I remember hearing that most of the complains were on the game being like real short even if the gameplay itself was real good.

Can add Wheelman and Stranglehold to that same line of reasoning.
I was very close to buying both when they were available and don't know why I ended up not doing it... I still regret it :(

derExperte

Yeah they made a game, and it's one of the only movie based games that I actually liked. It's surprises me so much to know that there are actually other people who liked it too. The whole curving bullet mechanic was so much fun.

Was better than GRIN's Terminator game but almost as short, maybe 3 hours.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Finally with the new Magic online client dropping the same day nearly, I'm wondering how explosive the sales for that will be.

Also Devolver sale. Niiiice. And apparently War Face/Crytek's bomba F2P is on Steam now. Will probably pick up steam (pun not intended but totally intended now) like Ghost Recon: Online/Phantoms did. But hopefully it doesn't have the BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY feeling GR:O did with P2W.

Do we know how deck building and virtual boosters will work in this? How much of it will be microtransactions?

It's not virtual booster based. You unlock cards by playing (or buying unlock DLC) the same way you did before. There's just a base pool of about 300 cards instead of 300ish cards split between different decks this time.

Don't get your hopes up about the deck-building, guys. WOTC isn't trying to devalue their MTGO service, nor the physical cards, so DOTP is never going to have the full and free deck-building you want. Ain't ever happening.

It has full and unrestricted deckbuilding in this one!

What they're never going to do is just recreate MTGO with full card sets and modern tournament formats in DotP, which is unfortunate because MTGO is a sack of garbage.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That depends on where you are though, here Paypal doesn't offer the gift option, and the fees are like 3.9%, so not much difference with Steam's (apparent) 5%.

Yeah, I know, hence why I gave myself some wiggle room. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom