• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Wanted was that movie with the guys who can curve the bullets right? They made a licensed game of the movie? The movie was okay, didn't think they would make a game off it though.

If you think about Wanted not like a AAA movie then it was awesome. Beside the concept was really intriguing.

Plus that was the first time James McAvoy shot his way into my heart<3

Volimar

header_292x136.jpg

Magic 2015 up for preorder.

I always enjoy these for a few days and then my interest drops off. Also:

Explore the rich storyline of Magic 2015 and sharpen your game

Unless this game is a serious departure from its predecessors, that's a flat out lie, lol.

I'll still probably get it.

RS4-

Dropped by a friends place to try out Divinity; a little annoyed with the rotating camera and for whatever reason, the game feels slower than old school Fallout.

Maybe it's just me though. But I'd still want to pick it up one day!

Lain

I hear System Shock 2 is a good game but I can't be sure since when it was released I was busy camping stuff in EverQuest. Someone should probably find out for me.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Wizardry 8 -- MB-1CA93FBE6AFFD98E - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 1 entrants total.
System Shock 2 -- MB-873B55AE62FA09A6 - Taken by demented. 1 entrants total.
Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-4525FC43BA133DD9 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 1 entrants total.

t1404232596z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yeah... but with names on boxes come contracts that require renewal at some point. And those rights can cost more than the revenues a rerelease on Steam can realistically be forecast to achieve.

I totally get it. It's probably even worse in cases where the exterior rights holders aren't customarily in video games / don't have any primary interest in gaming long-term, thus they don't necessarily have any real impetus to make things work or compromise on their side to get the ball rolling.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Unless this game is a serious departure from its predecessors, that's a flat out lie, lol.

Same here - I usually beat the campaign, then never play it again, despite buying the expansion packs and deck packs later on when they're on sale. I always intend to dip back in, but rarely ever do. Magic 2014 campaign was good, but the sealed deck was a joke and blatant cash-grab.

And speaking of blatant cash-grabs, it looks like they'll be selling virtual booster packs in this one.

Japle

Neo Member
"Sorry. We're currently processing your order. At this time you will be unable to purchase any more games."

Bought CoD4 earlier today from GMG with GMG credit, and now I'm receiving this error message when trying to buy that tennis game. Has anyone experienced this, how long do I need to wait?

Volimar

Same here - I usually beat the campaign, then never play it again, despite buying the expansion packs and deck packs later on when they're on sale. I always intend to dip back in, but rarely ever do. Magic 2014 campaign was good, but the sealed deck was a joke and blatant cash-grab.

And speaking of blatant cash-grabs, it looks like they'll be selling virtual booster packs in this one.

Just grabbed the base game. I still want Shandalar to come to Steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If we're going to put old-ass movie games on Steam, PLZ put Wanted: Weapons of Fate back on Steam. Legitimately good game that didn't get the love it deserved and would have been much better received if it was sold for a cheaper price, and the publisher is Warner Bros who is still on Steam. The challenge is that Warner Bros doesn't own the IP, Universal does, so I'm sure contract issues on that side are the reason it's not up :/

I'd do anything to see Steam's very first film-based game return to the store.

Yeah, or even better put up King Kong and watch JaseC go nuts putting 1,000 copies in his inventory.

*tear*

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Do we know how deck building and virtual boosters will work in this? How much of it will be microtransactions?

It looks like (from the screenshots) that they're going with a much more "traditional" deck building tool - rather than pooling cards in decks, they seem to be in "sets":

• Innistrad
  • Theros
  • Ravnica
  • Shandalar
  • Zendikar
Which are completely unlocked in the "Complete bundle" but are presumably unlockable in-game as well.

liezryou

I'd do anything to see Steam's very first film-based game return to the store.

*tear*

My biggest regret on steam was not buying that damn ashes cricket 2013 game. When it came out i went to the company's forums and they had a shitstorm coming down on them so hard i had a gut feeling it was going to get removed. But i also didn't wanna buy it... cause who wants a terrible cricket game?

Unfortunately at the time i didn't have that much money to spare. Could easily have made like 500% profits on that game seeing as how people were paying 50+ keys for it after it was removed.

Hugstable

Banned
If you think about Wanted not like a AAA movie then it was awesome. Beside the concept was really intriguing.

Plus that was the first time James McAvoy shot his way into my heart<3

Yup, I didn't watch First Class until this year, but I knew once I saw him as Xavier I had seen him in another movie, just quite couldn't put my finger on it.

i've personally always disliked the planeswalker series, it's basically a neutered version of the actual magic

but then again I haven't played since 2012/2013 ish

of course just my opinion though, i'm sure there's people that love it(hence why they keep making them annually)

AngerdX

ouch i kinda want to get sunless sea, but i get no price at all in steam for it.

Just me or will i just have to wait for it to release?

jshackles

Jawmuncher

Wanted the game was great.
Another good game from GRIN along with bionic commando. Those two more than made up for terminator. Which biggest problem was being horribly rushed.

aku:jiki

Don't get your hopes up about the deck-building, guys. WOTC isn't trying to devalue their MTGO service, nor the physical cards, so DOTP is never going to have the full and free deck-building you want. Ain't ever happening.

Random fun fact: the featured card in the third screenshot (Genesis Hydra) was designed by the guy who designed Plants vs Zombies.

Ed McMillen has a card in there too.

jshackles

From the Magic 2015 trailer:

hVnAPWl.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My biggest regret on steam was not buying that damn ashes cricket 2013 game. When it came out i went to the company's forums and they had a shitstorm coming down on them so hard i had a gut feeling it was going to get removed.

Unfortunately at the time i didn't have that much money to spare. Could easily have made like 500% profits on that game seeing as how people were paying 50+ keys for it after it was removed.

I was completely oblivious to the terrible state of the game. The only reason I bought it was that it had a rather generous pre-order discount (30%) and being a licensed title I saw little harm in buying it sooner rather than later. Like you, once I learned about the "retroactive cancellation", I wish I'd picked up a few spares.

Who even picked up Midway's interest in Stranglehold? Was it WB?

Yeah, I believe so. I don't think Wheelman and Stranglehold are in particularly bad spots, actually: the former is completely owned by WB (both the trademark and the game iself) and game was developed by Vin's own studio, so I doubt there's any sort of licensing issue relating to his likeness, and only the trademark for the latter is owned by Woo's own Tiger Hill, which also co-developed the game with Midway. In Wheelman's case I don't think there's a hold-up at all and as far as Stranglehold is concerned, WB need only agree on a revenue split or even just resume whatever agreement Midway had at the time (albeit expanded slightly to include DD).

Edit: Oh, wait, Vin brought Tigon back from the dead, so WB would need to work out a revenue split there. Hardly a tall order, though.

HoosTrax

I don't really understand this oversaturation of near-future military F2P FPS type games. It seems to me that in any given genre, it's only able to support one or two games of that genre at most, and any newcomers are destined to fail horribly.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I've got so many great games to play. I don't even care that my Wii U order is taking forever to get here.

Steam Share has been really buggy over the last few months. Some days it'll work fine and I can use games from a friend's account, other times it will say his account no longer exist. I would just think it was that one account, but it happens with 3 other friend share accounts too.

Sometimes a reboot of Steam works, sometimes it doesn't. Stupid steam.

demented

I hear System Shock 2 is a good game but I can't be sure since when it was released I was busy camping stuff in EverQuest. Someone should probably find out for me.

Was thinking about buying that bundle just for SS2 but here we go, thanks a lot! Looking forward to playing it, hope I don't pussy out because horror games for me are worst thing ever :p

And a question, how do I find out which games don't require VPN to activate or can be traded from RU region with the rest of us?

Kaleinc

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fspm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SpaceChem -- MB-A2011A8E5169F959 - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff

Imagine Me Alpha/Beta -- MB-92FF27FF8D9057AE

Hugstable

Banned

I gotta try one of these Card games someday. Got interested when I saw some Hex kickstarter video awhile back and saw how these card games worked digitally. Gonna look into this one now especially if it has something like deck building which the guess the others didn't have? Sounds like a feature I would want to have in a card game.

And damn someone just tried to invade me in the middle of this post right now. Ended up winning though even though he had a head start since I was typing.

or Trance?

Didn't watch it, didn't even hear of the movie before. I like Danny Boyle though, great director

Speevy

Banned
I just jizzed in my pants. Day 1.
I watch the russians

Should have been day 0 with all the other games.

"Hey guys, let's make one of the biggest trading card games ever accessible to all platforms, then make it so people can't do the thing that makes it so popular."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom