• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The-Bean

Does anyone else have any problems with the Steam Overlay not working in The Witcher 2? Achievements are working fine but I get no pop-up in the corner and shift+tab doesn't work.

Currently on Windows 8.1, pretty sure it was working fine in Windows 7 a few months ago.

(reposted from the summer thread a few days ago)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i wish capcom would speed up with the removal of GFWL on some of their older games just so they'll go on sale. I've always been interested in DR2OTR but I'm holding out hope that there'll be a sale around when DR3 launches.

I believe GFWL's death was postponed solely because many publishers were so slow to act.

Does anyone else have any problems with the Steam Overlay not working in The Witcher 2? Achievements are working fine but I get no pop-up in the corner and shift+tab doesn't work.

Currently on Windows 8.1, pretty sure it was working fine in Windows 7 a few months ago.

It should run fine, if not, try launching steam as an admin, or try reinstalling steam.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Seeing all those Divinity: OS screens in my Steam feed is making me want to finally start Divine Divinity.
Fact is, I tried it some time ago, but it run kinda weird (Win 8.1).

Now I can't remember which problems I had, but do you guys know if there are any known patches or mods I should install to best enjoy the game?

doit.gif

The game runs like poo in Windows 8 unless you use the software rendering option.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Try verifying the game data. A later build of the game broke overlay compatibility, an issue which took CDPR nine months to fix, and when I played through the game in late 2011, for some reason Steam downloaded v1.0 instead of the latest build, so there's a chance (albeit a very slim one) that you downloaded the older, no-overlay-4-u build.

To celebrate being #40 in the all-time poster list, here are 40 games (unless I suck at counting).
Free for all 3 hour raffle seemed to be the best way to do it, so just enter for everything that you want. Even though a lot of it was in quite a few bundles before, I hope there won't be a much left after it is over.

-removed-

Copons

doit.gif

The game runs like poo in Windows 8 unless you use the software rendering option.

I'd doit.gif even now, if I wasn't partecipating to the RPG Maker contest that is forcing me to behave all focused if I want to deliver something good before the deadline, making me not even launching anything for fear of being stuck playing them forever. :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'd doit.gif even now, if I wasn't partecipating to the RPG Maker contest that is forcing me to behave all focused if I want to deliver something good before the deadline, making me not even launching anything for fear of being stuck playing them forever. :(

Just think of it as "market research" since you'll be playing one of the best action CRPGs of all time.

The critic comment on the store page is hilarious.

Yeah, it's like even they know it's terrible when they're proud of getting an 80/100 review, and it's the best review they could get.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If we're going to put old-ass movie games on Steam, PLZ put Wanted: Weapons of Fate back on Steam. Legitimately good game that didn't get the love it deserved and would have been much better received if it was sold for a cheaper price, and the publisher is Warner Bros who is still on Steam. The challenge is that Warner Bros doesn't own the IP, Universal does, so I'm sure contract issues on that side are the reason it's not up :/

Ifrit

To celebrate being #40 in the all-time poster list, here are 40 games (unless I suck at counting).
Free for all 3 hour raffle seemed to be the best was to do it, so just enter for everything that you want. Even though a lot of it was in quite a few bundles before, I hope there won't be a much left after it is over.

Cool giveaway, thanks

jshackles

If we're going to put old-ass movie games on Steam, PLZ put Wanted: Weapons of Fate back on Steam. Legitimately good game that didn't get the love it deserved and would have been much better received if it was sold for a cheaper price, and the publisher is Warner Bros who is still on Steam. The challenge is that Warner Bros doesn't own the IP, Universal does, so I'm sure contract issues on that side are the reason it's not up :/

Yeah, or even better put up King Kong and watch JaseC go nuts putting 1,000 copies in his inventory.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Reminder: 2 hours remaining for Abyss Odyssey giveaway. (Includes the soundtrack)
10258593_756232837733714_2720666437957034244_n.jpg

t1404238148z1.png

Shadownet

Banned

That game was good. I still wish for a Wanted 2.

Can add Wheelman and Stranglehold to that same line of reasoning.

Vuze

Free for all 3 hour raffle seemed to be the best way to do it, so just enter for everything that you want. Even though a lot of it was in quite a few bundles before, I hope there won't be a much left after it is over.

That's cool, thanks :)

Volimar

I have really really enjoyed RingRunner so far. If you like space shooters and goofy dialogue, I recommend entering for it.

I watched Wanted last weekend. All I could think of was "that guy is Charles Xavier!" And seeing Chris Pratt was weird since he looked so different back then.

New thread?

KolFPc8.gif

I'm so pissed that i got paid today and not last week. I spent a lot on the Summer Sale (i bought around 35 games) but i could have easily have spent more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom