• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

louiedog

Steam Share has been really buggy over the last few months. Some days it'll work fine and I can use games from a friend's account, other times it will say his account no longer exist. I would just think it was that one account, but it happens with 3 other friend share accounts too.

Sometimes a reboot of Steam works, sometimes it doesn't. Stupid steam.

Is there anything on your system that might be creating a virtual network adapter or making another hardware change? That seems to get a lot of people who experience the issue of losing access periodically. It could be some type of virtual machine, or in my case my Motorola phone.

When I plug my phone in to my computer to charge it the driver creates a network adapter used for tethering so that if I wanted to, I could use its data connection as an Internet connection. Steam sharing looks for certain hardware changes and if it finds one, determines that the computer is different, or different enough, from the one that your friend authorized and won't let you share. It would then throw an error if I tried to reauthorize using an already installed game.

It drove me nuts for awhile. All I need to do is make sure that my phone is unplugged when Steam starts up. I can then plug it in and sharing works fine.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Apparently Stainless added the Carmageddon Max Pack gift grant to only the store sub and not also the Kickstarter sub. I assume this is simply an oversight.

Edit: The news post linked to below confirms that backers should have also received it.

Shadownet

Banned
Hey SteamGAF! How're you all doing?

200_s.gif

Right, but you also have the ability to buy boosters like the "Sealed"/draft boosters in '14, yeah?

I don't believe so. If there are it's just a variant of the unlock DLC they already sold in previous years since all the cards are unlockable just by playing.

Kayant

Those games were great - would really kill for a remake with full cinematics (although the original 1 hour of footage was cool) and HD textures, but would settle for a Steam re-release.

Oh man the memories of the last fight with Mr.Smith.... So awesome :)

It's funny going back and watching it and seeing how many quick time events it has as someone who generally doesn't like them now.

Damn good representation of neo.

aku:jiki

It has full and unrestricted deckbuilding in this one!

What they're never going to do is just recreate MTGO with full card sets and modern tournament formats in DotP, which is unfortunate because MTGO is a sack of garbage.
You know it's going to be heavily restricted in some way. At the very least the card pool is going to be neutered. They want us to play MTGO or physical MTG, they're not trying to ruin that economy with a $10 game.

cicero

Was Dark Scavenger in a recent Indie Bundle or something?

To answer myself, looks like the 2012 Bundle in a Box Deep Space Bundle got Steam keys for it, but not the GamersGate IndieFort Championship bundle. None of the games in that IndieFort got any Steam keys. So annoying.

Hmm...I'm liking the look of Contrast, but GMG had a killer deal on it for New Year's, so I'll pass this time. Outside of that, lol Starseed Pilgrim and other stuff I either have or don't want.

Hey, now that I've finally won the M&M thing, do I take the Movie on Demand Credit option or the Movie Streaming one? Rather, which one gives me the prepaid credit card?

You know it's going to be heavily restricted in some way.

But it's not really, though. There's 300 cards (which'll probably go up to about 600 by the end of the DLC cycle) and you can build decks with them in whatever combination you like. They can make it full-featured and it has zero chance of cannibalizing MTGO since like 90% of MTGO revenue is driven by people playing tournament formats (draft and standard.)

Red Faction Complete Collection is available on Amazon for $5.99

The Red Faction Collection includes the following games:
Red Faction
Red Faction II
Red Faction Guerrilla
Red Faction Armageddon
Red Faction Armageddon: Path to War DLC
Red Faction Armageddon Soundtrack
Wow, that is a damn good bundle here.
Hmm, "only available to customers living in USA", huh?
I take the games aren't regionlocked but only the buying from amazon. The games don't have regionlocking warnings on steam.

I passed on guerrilla during sale. But this does it.
How is multiplayer in guerrilla?

For new page: now that I've finally won the M&M thing, do I take the Movie on Demand Credit option or the Movie Streaming one? Rather, which one gives me the prepaid credit card?

Oh, maybe I'll get Shadow Warrior finally...

I'm definitely getting the Red Faction pack, since all I have atm is the first game on GOG. That price pays for most of the lowest-ever discount on Guerrilla, so damn if it ain't a great deal.

Sober

But it's not really, though. There's 300 cards (which'll probably go up to about 600 by the end of the DLC cycle) and you can build decks with them in whatever combination you like. They can make it full-featured and it has zero chance of cannibalizing MTGO since like 90% of MTGO revenue is driven by people playing tournament formats (draft and standard.)
Well, if Hearthstone picks it up it might force WOTC's hand again. I'm certain if Hearthstone didn't exist we'd get another year of "have these preconstructed decks, buy more sealed deck slots". And maybe another before they considered even letting us touch the land ratios in decks.

MTGO is garbage, but I don't think the UI/frontend for DOTP is that great either, but that's probably because it needs to work with controllers as well.

iosefe

For new page: now that I've finally won the M&M thing, do I take the Movie on Demand Credit option or the Movie Streaming one? Rather, which one gives me the prepaid credit card?

Oh, maybe I'll get Shadow Warrior finally...

I'm definitely getting the Red Faction pack, since all I have atm is the first game on GOG. That price pays for most of the lowest-ever discount on Guerrilla, so damn if it ain't a great deal.

pick the option on the right both times

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That script has always been garbage. Use the Enhanced Steam one instead. :p

Was about to call you out on that Salsa. This man knows what's up.

I took a look at the internals of that script and was absolutely shocked at some of the stuff it did. Would not recommend anyone use it.

Poetic

Anyone been able to add the M&M money to their account via the wallet? I get an error using the billing address is shows in the pdf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom