• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zia

"Oh, a Devolver sale! Love supporting those guys. I'll just go grab... some... thing... oh."

I own every game they've released, apparently.

Lomax

All this Magic talk makes me remember the one time I won anything.

Story time:
Years ago, I went to check the mail at my post office box and found a large package I wasn't expecting. Taking it home and opening it I found boxes for three computer games: Magic: The Gathering, X-COM: Apocalypse, and Star Trek: TNG A Final Unity. Turns out I had won second place in a Microprose/WotC contest that I didn't even remember entering and that was my prize. That was a great day and I played all those games a bunch, especially the Shandalar M:TG game which I loved. Turns out first prize was just a bunch of Magic cards from the current set (which I don't even remember what it was), and I was much happier with the computer games.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All that talk about movie games... I really wish Enter the Matrix and Path of Neo could be put on Steam.

Those games were great - would really kill for a remake with full cinematics (although the original 1 hour of footage was cool) and HD textures, but would settle for a Steam re-release.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

mrgone

Hey, does anyone know why Steam windows keep getting bumped from my second monitor to my main monitor? It's been doing this for ages and I've never quite been able to pinpoint why. I mean, there are probably dozens of reasons why, I'm just curious if anyone's had the same thing happening and if there's a solution.

so it's very worth then?

Everything points to yes, but I havn't played the full version yet

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Reminder: 1 hour remaining for Abyss Odyssey giveaway. (Includes the soundtrack)
10245448_763341523689512_6854206171337751522_n.jpg

t1404238148z1.png

It feels like they're chasing the Hearthstone money, though.

The point of DotP isn't to make money, it's to get people to play paper Magic, and in that it has been ludicrously successful. Hearthstone money isn't really available to them since they can't ever match its business model with an online game.

It's not virtual booster based. You unlock cards by playing (or buying unlock DLC) the same way you did before. There's just a base pool of about 300 cards instead of 300ish cards split between different decks this time.

This is in the store description though
Deck building: Open virtual booster packs of Magic cards to build decks and battle in single- and multi-player modes.

The point of DotP isn't to make money, it's to get people to play paper Magic, and in that it has been ludicrously successful. Hearthstone money isn't really available to them since they can't ever match its business model with an online game.

Yeah, I always saw DOTP as a gateway to Magic. Hell, even though I don't actively play it gets me hyped to buy boosters/decks and collect cards when a new one comes out.

cicero

All this Magic talk makes me remember the one time I won anything.

Story time:
Years ago, I went to check the mail at my post office box and found a large package I wasn't expecting. Taking it home and opening it I found boxes for three computer games: Magic: The Gathering, X-COM: Apocalypse, and Star Trek: TNG A Final Unity. Turns out I had won second place in a Microprose/WotC contest that I didn't even remember entering and that was my prize. That was a great day and I played all those games a bunch, especially the Shandalar M:TG game which I loved. Turns out first prize was just a bunch of Magic cards from the current set (which I don't even remember what it was), and I was much happier with the computer games.
That certainly was a fun game back in the day. So nice that they had I think every single voice done by the actual actors/actresses too. I still have my old Mac copy around somewhere.

StAidan

Well heck, now Luftrausers hits 40% off... yes, after I emptied my Steam wallet. Would've bought it for that price had it been during the summer sale.

Oh well, Luftrausers, I'll get you next time... and your little dog, too!

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
A Carmageddon 1 gift just got added to my inventory. Must be a bonus for all Carmageddon, Reincarnation owners

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm missing TowerFall, but I need to cool off for a week or two.

A Carmageddon 1 gift just got added to my inventory. Must be a bonus for all Carmageddon, Reincarnation owners

Ah, nice. Thanks for the heads-up.

Hugstable

Banned
UGH, learning very quickly that I probably shouldn't take breaks to post while in Anor Londo, especially while Human.. Just got ganked by someone and his claymore

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's not virtual booster based like Hearthstone/Hex/whatever where you pay money to get more cards. You play the campaign and it gives you unlocks in the form of "boosters."

Right, but you also have the ability to buy boosters like the "Sealed"/draft boosters in '14, yeah?

Scythian

I'd probably buy Rogue Legacy if it was sub $5, and Shadow warrior looks fun but too expensive still.

I'm tempted by Mark of the Ninja, but I feel like I could get it cheaper in a bundle or later down the line. Been hankering for some good platformer action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom