• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Nozomi Toujo the lewdest character in the show she be in.

This helps my research greatly, thank you.

For the new page
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Derrick the Deathfin -- MB-ACB20D96F7819AB4
t1cxE6r.gif
The Blackwell Bundle -- MB-CA86FBF2B9139B66
t1cxE6r.gif
Ikaruga -- MB-5BC89A507291104A
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-28FE26BC2624B167
SpaceChem -- MB-115CAEDCD6D6E62C
They breathe -- MB-B0814770B64FD5E5

t1404303406z1.png

Also, Acceleration of Suguri is releasing on steam today?!

aku:jiki

But it's not really, though. There's 300 cards (which'll probably go up to about 600 by the end of the DLC cycle) and you can build decks with them in whatever combination you like. They can make it full-featured and it has zero chance of cannibalizing MTGO since like 90% of MTGO revenue is driven by people playing tournament formats (draft and standard.)
WOTC doesn't fuck around and gamble like that; they're extremely careful with MTG and would not risk MTGO in any way. They wouldn't use logic like "welp, everyone just plays tournaments anyway."

And I mean neutered in the sense that the cards will be very carefully selected. That's why we're getting "Innistrad card sets" (as opposed to "the full Innistrad set"). Liliana won't be in that set for sure.

Edit: Wait, 300 cards? Do you realize how few that is? There are upwards of 15,000 MTG cards.

Well, if Hearthstone picks it up it might force WOTC's hand again. I'm certain if Hearthstone didn't exist we'd get another year of "have these preconstructed decks, buy more sealed deck slots". And maybe another before they considered even letting us touch the land ratios in decks.

I don't think HS has influenced what WOTC is doing, as MTGO and DOTP serve different audiences. It makes more sense to have them as separate products at this time, and I don't see them doing an overhaul of their current business model out of fear of HS.

xeris

Any of y'all have thoughts on Cosmic DJ? I tend to like quirky music games and this looks like it would fit that.

Also, much love for Foul Play. I picked it up on the Summer Sale and enjoyed the hell out of it. Probably not worth full price, but for under four bucks it's a fun little beat em up.

Tellaerin

Those games were great - would really kill for a remake with full cinematics (although the original 1 hour of footage was cool) and HD textures, but would settle for a Steam re-release.

I know it didn't do well with reviewers, but I loved Path of Neo. Really scratched my itch to play as The One, rather than a side character.
The last boss battle (and more importantly, the explanation leading into it!) was classic.
It'd be awesome to see it show up on Steam.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
But it's not really, though. There's 300 cards (which'll probably go up to about 600 by the end of the DLC cycle) and you can build decks with them in whatever combination you like. They can make it full-featured and it has zero chance of cannibalizing MTGO since like 90% of MTGO revenue is driven by people playing tournament formats (draft and standard.)

Magic video games would be more popular if a game supported Unglued cards. This is proven by science.

dani_dc

One hour into ShadowRun and the game feels very simple so far, didn't know much about the game before starting, but I was expecting something deeper and more complex. I suppose I'm still relatively early on, so let's see how things evolve.

One hour into ShadowRun and the game feels very simple so far, didn't know much about the game before starting, but I was expecting something deeper and more complex. I suppose I'm still relatively early on, so let's see how things evolve.

I take it you are playing the Dead Man's Switch campaign, the Dragonfall DLC campaign is superior.

It is slow but it does slightly builds up/ get better later on.

Seaklng

Banned
Yet another day, in which I find myself in front of the computer, instead of deep cleaning the house.
Oh well.. it can wait. lol

Vlad

I'm tempted by Mark of the Ninja, but I feel like I could get it cheaper in a bundle or later down the line. Been hankering for some good platformer action.

I'd say that's a game that's worth it even at full price. The best way I can describe it is as a stealth game for people who hate stealth games. I say this as a person who normally really doesn't like stealth games, but absolutely loved MotN.

What really got me is how flexible the game is with how you can approach situations. You can just dive in and go toe-to-toe with the enemies, you can stealthily sneak around the room, taking them out one at a time, you can go super-stealthy and just avoid them completely (I believe the game gives the most points for this approach), or you could do my very favorite thing: kill one guy and string his body up in the middle of the room when nobody else is looking. When the other enemies see their buddy's body hanging from a lamppost, they freak out and start firing randomly. With luck, you can almost completely clear a room with the proper application of terror.

That's not even getting into all the unlockable moves, items, and costumes, all of which give you more options on how to tackle a given area.

demented

Asked before but no response, how do you guys check if games from CIS region are tradable and can be activated because I know some(many?) require VPN.

If we're going to put old-ass movie games on Steam, PLZ put Wanted: Weapons of Fate back on Steam. Legitimately good game that didn't get the love it deserved and would have been much better received if it was sold for a cheaper price, and the publisher is Warner Bros who is still on Steam. The challenge is that Warner Bros doesn't own the IP, Universal does, so I'm sure contract issues on that side are the reason it's not up :/

Scarface The World is Yours was a really good game. Put that on Steam! and with a fix to run it on win7 and 8.

Ventara

Wait, are some of you talking about Magic TG? I love that card game. Bought 2012 a few years back and played it nonstop for a few dozen hours. Is there a Steam Magic gaf group? Speaking of which, is 2012 dead online? I still need one achievement there and it's to win 3 archenemy matches online.

Anteater

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Virtua Tennis 4 -- MB-6140800063B8F482 - Taken by The-Bean. 16 entrants total.

t1404238356z1.png

cheap game :0

Saty

It's depressing to think Valve is giving more thought into how to get people to craft badges during Sales than attending to rudimentary and absent Steam features. We've reached a point where it's very hard to say that one thing doesn't come on the expense of the other.

I just missed rewards a week ago because I did the cheevo 12 hours before the deadline so this definitely isn't always true.

I'd dispute that with support. Good luck, though, as I'm currently missing about $30 of credit and they're fighting me tooth and nail for it.

Two week responses at a time...

dani_dc

I take it you are playing the Dead Man's Switch campaign, the Dragonfall DLC campaign is superior.

It is slow but it does slightly builds up/ get better later on.

Yeah, I didn't pick up the DLC this time around, figure I can always pick it later for cheaper if I enjoy the main campaign. I'll play it some more a bit later, I was enjoying my time with it, it just wasn't what I was hoping for.

Yet another day, in which I find myself in front of the computer, instead of deep cleaning the house.
Oh well.. it can wait. lol

I've been procrastinating doing that to my room for awhile now, will hopefully take care that this week before going on holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom