• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if Hearthstone picks it up it might force WOTC's hand again.

They're just not really in a space to compete. Hearthstone's success keeps MTGO from expanding (since they now have no room to capture groups like the weekend warrior or streamer demographics) but its core is always just going to be people who play paper Magic and those people aren't going to quit for Hearthstone because it isn't Magic.

In a world where WotC wasn't outrageously untalented in all digital endeavors, they'd just build a sleek, modern UI for MTGO, roll it out on every platform, cut their prices a bit across the board, and push a special introductory gameplay path on people, but since that can't happen they're pretty much resigned to doing things the way they are now and letting Hearthstone capture the niche it's capturing.

WOTC doesn't fuck around and gamble like that; they're extremely careful with MTG and would not risk MTGO in any way.

Literally all that Wizards do with MTGO these days is risk it with atrocious management, so I'm not really inclined to agree with this.

And I mean neutered in the sense that the cards will be very carefully selected.

This doesn't matter to anyone who ever brings this up. Almost nobody was complaining in previous Duels that there weren't enough different cards; they were complaining that they couldn't recombine cards to make whatever deck they wanted out of them. This game fixes that.

Edit: Wait, 300 cards? Do you realize how few that is? There are upwards of 15,000 MTG cards.

If that's your definition of "neutered" then it's a ludicrous one. Yes, it was very plausible to believe they were going to release a $10 game that let you play with every card ever released.

dani_dc

Its changed. Some states have agreements for Amazon Tax now.
For example North Carolina.

I was unaware of that, neat information to know, thanks.

Hm thinking about buying rogue legacy, any thoughts?

It's a fun game, but it looses it's shine when you realize it's more based on grind than skill, I'd recommend it as something to play while doing something else (like watching the news or a TV show),

Keyword there is "hopefully" lol
You going on a trip?

Yeahhh I have guests coming on the 18th.. This house hasn't been cleaned in at least 20 years (just moved into my uncle's farmhouse.. imagine the filth lol). There's dust everywhere, the floors are gross, and I need to scrub the walls..
what am I doing instead? Sitting here, hoping a genie will come out of nowhere and grant me a wish so I can stay sitting here being lazy. Granted I have knocked out quite a few major things, I just don't feel like doing shit today.

Yeah, south of the country (to the beach) with the family for a few days, thought I might as well take the chance and have a few days out the house.

Thankfully my room is nowhere near 20 years of no cleaning, I like to think my OCD would kick in way before that point.
A full farmhouse sounds like a few days worth of work, not something I'd waste a genie wish for, probably best to try and make small goals for each day, otherwise you'll risk leaving everything to the last minute which tends to be a lot more stressful.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
did Home kick your dog or something?

I feel like it needs to be said here and there. Home's an extraordinarily lazy attempt at horror with almost no redeeming factors and I would much rather people buy cards on the market or CS:GO skins or some pot or something than spend it on that game.

I laughed aloud during every single playthrough.

AmxoPtd.gif

Brothers of GAF, I welcome you to the 25th Steam thread!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

TimeShift -- MB-86E4DF2DA11845DD - Taken by Ozium. 27 entrants total.
Saints Row 2 -- MB-6BCE08089F95EAC2 - Taken by TsuXna. 5 entrants total.
The LEGO Movie Videogame -- MB-2D882697E0ECA9E5 - Taken by JustLynx. 33 entrants total.
Awesomenauts -- MB-70ABCEB8C0E9A992 - Taken by WavekSra. 1 entrants total.
Dead Island GOTY -- MB-17111F9A99F00B9C - Taken by pupo. 12 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut -- MB-C4C5EE3B6BCE7129 - Taken by Cozmogramma. 24 entrants total.

t1404249866z1.png

Jawmuncher

Yeah in Virginia now I pay tax on Amazon for physical purchases, but digital purchases like games are still tax-free.

Yeah it's all a state by state basis now and can be a pain in the ass depending on where you are. NC my home state is tax on both Physical and Digital for some reason.

TsuXna

I was unaware of that, neat information to know, thanks.

It's a fun game, but it looses it's shine when you realize it's more based on grind than skill, I'd recommend it as something to play while doing something else (like watching the news or a TV show),

Yeah, south of the country (to the beach) with the family for a few days, thought I might as well take the chance and have a few days out the house.

Thankfully my room is nowhere near 20 years of no cleaning, I like to think my OCD would kick in way before that point.
A full farmhouse sounds like a few days worth of work, not something I'd waste a genie wish for, probably best to try and make small goals for each day, otherwise you'll risk leaving everything to the last minute which tends to be a lot more stressful.

Fun game, the progression kind of petered off for me near the end(I went from steadily getting stronger to just super overpowered) but I'd recommend it if you are into those kinds of games!
Lol your description reminds me of Pnd, hm I should watch couple of videos I guess. Thank you.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
home is garbage

you'd be better off wiping your ass with the poetry of lord byron

I feel like it needs to be said here and there. Home's an extraordinarily lazy attempt at horror with almost no redeeming factors and I would much rather people buy cards on the market or CS:GO skins or some pot or something than spend it on that game.

That bad? Ehh, I'll think I'll just pick it up when it's bundled with other games then. I've probably spent money on worse bundles.

aku:jiki

If that's your definition of "neutered" then it's a ludicrous one. Yes, it was very plausible to believe they were going to release a $10 game that let you play with every card ever released.
That's exactly what I'm saying. Not sure how you reached the conclusion that I think they're going to include every card ever; I'm addressing the people who were hoping they would. And they exist! I've been on this merry-go-round for the past five years. It's always the same discussion year after year, and it's always people not very knowledgable in MTG and WOTC affairs hoping they can get the entirety of MTG for $10.

But, no, that's not what I mean by neutered. What I mean is that they will not be letting us build powerful archetypes. They'll allow some simple beatdown decks and maybe a trickier blue deck, but nothing too fancy.

simulate this

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Warehouse and Logistics Simulator -- MB-897B4D1FBDCFBD52 - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.
Towtruck Simulator 2015 -- MB-B878FB6CE578254F - Taken by Eanan. 3 entrants total.
Skyscraper Simulator -- MB-DB44B0CE3F52A4FF
Roller Coaster Rampage -- MB-33F6A5C43C44E47F - Taken by electroflame. 2 entrants total.
Bridge It Plus -- MB-9B4DBBDA265E4A94 - Taken by liezryou. 1 entrants total.
Professional Farmer 2014 -- MB-CE65E9271E3643E3 - Taken by Anustart. 1 entrants total.

t1404240550z1.png

StAidan

Heck, I played through it once or twice and thought it was all right (I did only pay $0.74 for it). Sure, I doubt I'd ever replay it but I don't remember anything that was particularly laughable. Seemed more geared toward "mysterious" than "horrific," in any case, but I don't care about that either way.

Seaklng

Banned

That sounds really fun! I hope you have a nice time c:
Best of luck with the room too :]

Eh, it's been going on three months lol.
Granted, I have taken quite a few breaks, just because I get so exhausted.
You're so right though, I need to crack down and make some lists. Maybe, after my interview tomorrow at GameStop, I'll get to cleaning some more. I had a migraine last night, so it's made me stupid tired today.

You're right, it probably would be a waste, but honestly I really can't think of anything else I could want, besides one thing. For the first time in my life, I'm at a really good place in my life. Maybe, I'd wish to be with my boyfriend in California?

What about you? What would you wish for?

Jawmuncher

Just so Turfster doesn't beat me up later.

Canada Day Daily Deals
  • They Bleed Pixels -75% $2.49
  • Rogue Legacy -50% $7.49
  • Starseed Pilgrim -50% $2.99
  • FEZ -50% $4.99
  • Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge -75% $2.49
  • Mark of the Ninja -60% $5.99
  • The Yawhg -50% $4.99
  • Contrast -50% $7.49
  • Guacamelee! Gold Edition -80% $2.99
  • Dyad -75% $3.75
  • Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -70% $2.40
  • Bleed -60% $2.00
  • Retro City Rampage -75% $2.50
  • Home -50% $1.49
  • TowerFall Ascension -33% $10.04

DeBurgo

today I flagged all the obviously/humorously mislabeled "kawaii" tags. i don't even feel that strongly that they're mislabeled and actually some of them are kinda funny.

what am i doing with my life.

15 minutes left, enough time to enter for at least 10 games!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 40 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

3 Stars of Destiny -- MB-88DF9BD77772112E - Taken by bobnowhere. 6 entrants total.
RingRunner -- MB-86311C20AB94658A - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 6 entrants total.
Dynamite Jack -- MB-BF6EADA36109816A - Taken by Kanhir
Beast Boxing Turbo -- MB-1993CB723F0EC5A0 - Taken by Haunted. 8 entrants total.
Radical Roach -- MB-948A5F827799EA90 - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-DAB6F3D705B4D1EE - Taken by autoduelist
Darwinia -- MB-1E4BBA1A4F021F37 - Taken by Majukun. 2 entrants total.
Clickr -- MB-C90117B47BD32719 - Taken by WinterDemons
Civ III Complete -- MB-39CE31468DE68378 - Taken by Seaklng. 5 entrants total.
Lunar Flight -- MB-630B2E0F84EFCCD6 - Taken by Tesseract
Interstellar Marines -- MB-3D2F8E2864B7EBD3 - Taken by xBladeM6x. 4 entrants total.
Overlord Plus Raising Hell -- MB-524BB9C94DC71952 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 7 entrants total.
Crusader Kings Complete -- MB-857BE684CA3D4997 - Taken by Myshkin. 3 entrants total.
Al Emmo -- MB-9E9D4C17B2641C37 - Taken by bronson. 5 entrants total.
Doorways Chapter 1 & 2 -- MB-B8EBEE92AF413868 - Taken by KainXVIII. 4 entrants total.
Grotesque 2 -- MB-C6718CCFB3031EC2 - Taken by aku:jiki
Bang Bang Racing -- MB-853789D6280FC62A - Taken by TheMadMan007
Brutal Legend -- MB-DE9032D3636573BE - Taken by Yakkue. 10 entrants total.
Cargo! The Quest for Gravity -- MB-ED689ECE9809E284 - Taken by Ben652
LOVE -- MB-B0BB6F724ABDA979 - Taken by nexen. 8 entrants total.
Rock of Ages -- MB-BF65F9CD239014DE - Taken by Gangxxter. 8 entrants total.
Dark Scavenger -- MB-27D3679000144880 - Taken by cicero. 7 entrants total.
8bit Commando -- MB-95816F05CB06A7E7 - Taken by Uni on Everything!. 4 entrants total.
Cortex Command -- MB-9A8E40E2D10100D9 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 3 entrants total.
Grimind -- MB-9DEC8F4EF1585391 - Taken by FauX
Papo & Yo -- MB-4A23DF80BA46373D - Taken by Dragon1893. 10 entrants total.
Intrusion 2 -- MB-69DD9910FC4375D1 - Taken by 73V3N. 2 entrants total.
Cities in Motion -- MB-B04FDD96ACDED052 - Taken by PandaPedinte. 2 entrants total.
Fly'n -- MB-3A73DCBFEBF27081 - Taken by FauX. 4 entrants total.
A Valley Without Wind 1 Plus2 -- MB-59A9B2433FD63205 - Taken by City 17. 4 entrants total.
Face Noir -- MB-8E92620D811A5003 - Taken by Lomax. 6 entrants total.
The Void -- MB-35CBBA830CD6730A - Taken by Ezalc. 4 entrants total.
Nightmares From The Deep -- MB-A74EBA2E7D5684C7 - Taken by Shadowplay1979. 4 entrants total.
Kairo -- MB-91794D2DB7F5AFEE - Taken by mrgone. 6 entrants total.
The Longest Journey -- MB-AB0F0130A4AB2AF9 - Taken by Accoun. 10 entrants total.
Droid Assault -- MB-8DFCB1BAA772A10F - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club -- MB-22E5290082F815B4 - Taken by Anteater. 14 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-D7CFC14F87FF87C0 - Taken by Scipius
FootLOL -- MB-C0DABC64C547148E - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 4 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero -- MB-693D616FF1F0D5FF - Taken by Toshin. 25 entrants total.

t1404240856z1.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda sad how I can't get enough of Simulator games.

I'm doing this for the juniors so they can feel more a part of our eternal odyssey. Gonna do the regular member giveaway in an hour, and a giver giveaway an hour after that.

Here's something for in-between:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Virtua Tennis 4 -- MB-3A39BCD7A2F5E81A - Taken by Kryptonite. 16 entrants total.

t1404240852z1.png

Myshkin

An item you listed in the Community Market has been sold to The Dark Archer. Your Steam Wallet has been credited 0.01 USD.

This email message will serve as your receipt. You can also access your Purchase History online at any time.

:csgogun: 0.01 USD
They do exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom