• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

I'd dispute that with support. Good luck, though, as I'm currently missing about $30 of credit and they're fighting me tooth and nail for it.

Two week responses at a time...

Wierd again, when my account was getting money in euro vs USD, they got back to me within hours.

Miker

Apparently the last mainline Humble Bundle ran from Feb 18 to March 4. It's been four months without one; we should be due for one soon.

_hekk05

Banned
I'd dispute that with support. Good luck, though, as I'm currently missing about $30 of credit and they're fighting me tooth and nail for it.

Two week responses at a time...

That's a shit tonne of credits. Did none of your achievements sync?

They fixed my issue within a week. It's never failed to sync since (except when steam supposedly dun goofed)

Now I've gotta wait for a sale. Kekeke

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Wow, that is a damn good bundle here.
Hmm, "only available to customers living in USA", huh?
I take the games aren't regionlocked but only the buying from amazon. The games don't have regionlocking warnings on steam.

I passed on guerrilla during sale. But this does it.
How is multiplayer in guerrilla?
Just use a valid US address as your billing address, problem solved.

Some Playfire rewards end in like 3 hours FYI

Sorry 6 hours.
Wouldn't even bother, the likelihood of those not being tracked is *very* high.

No they do a check each time before they close the rewards. I myself have done rewards an hour before they close and i got credit.
Not really, you must be just really lucky.

Trejik

So I can't get a single one of those Simulator games from the bundle to run. As soon as they start, they either go through a brief intro and crash, or go to a black screen that dumps me back into Steam.

Worst 3.50 ever. Any help with this?

Lomax

No they do a check each time before they close the rewards. I myself have done rewards an hour before they close and i got credit.

There's no evidence of this. Every account gets scanned at most once a day (actually slightly less often than that, as it's more like every 26-30 hours). If your scan happens to hit right as some stuff is expiring, you're golden, if not, then you're not.

"Starting in July, we'll be periodically adding a limited number of silver keys only for European members."

Looks like more keys will be added soon!

Murdered Soul Suspect and Sniper Elite 3 shall be mine!

_hekk05

Banned
There's no evidence of this. Every account gets scanned at most once a day (actually slightly less often than that, as it's more like every 26-30 hours). If your scan happens to hit right as some stuff is expiring, you're golden, if not, then you're not.

Well I just got my battleblock cheevos about 3 hours ago. I'll report back tmr when I get my credits XD

That's a shit tonne of credits. Did none of your achievements sync?

They fixed my issue within a week. It's never failed to sync since (except when steam supposedly dun goofed)

I haven't had credits sync correctly for a couple months. My problem now is that I'm getting new credits to sync (sort of, I don't know why they removed the check marks on your list -- makes it really hard to track), but my old credits were never paid out.

Since I'm getting credits in my account, and my account balance has changed since I opened the ticket, they think I got my credits. Considering I'm owed about $30, and my balance has gone up a couple dollars, it's still messed up.

I haven't had an issue with their support prior to this, but this is really chewing up a ton of time and doing nothing but annoy me that they can't take what I'm saying at face value. All of a sudden they assume I'm lying to them to get credit (even though this is my seventh ticket, and they've resolved the other six perfectly).

Seaklng

Banned
I've been procrastinating doing that to my room for awhile now, will hopefully take care that this week before going on holidays.

Keyword there is "hopefully" lol
You going on a trip?

Yeahhh I have guests coming on the 18th.. This house hasn't been cleaned in at least 20 years (just moved into my uncle's farmhouse.. imagine the filth lol). There's dust everywhere, the floors are gross, and I need to scrub the walls..
what am I doing instead? Sitting here, hoping a genie will come out of nowhere and grant me a wish so I can stay sitting here being lazy. Granted I have knocked out quite a few major things, I just don't feel like doing shit today.

Locust

"Starting in July, we'll be periodically adding a limited number of silver keys only for European members."

Looks like more keys will be added soon!

Murdered Soul Suspect and Sniper Elite 3 shall be mine!

Would be surprised if there weren't any bots already set up to grab them.

_hekk05

Banned

Well you're supposed to provide them with info on which cheevos you're missing, so they don't have to second guess. If you can't, or there is no info, then they have to check themselves.

Also 7 tickets? I would be suspicious too. I've only ever sent one.

Besides, writing a ticket takes like a minute.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Go, imagine a game for that :D

I'll pass :p

Finally some good Trails in the Sky news again

It can be interpreted in different ways, but seeing Xseed is doing QA now, it actually might be really soon. We are talking only FC there, of course.

I can't wait to play it
in 2017.

Dreamfall Chapters now has a store page. No pre-purchase option just yet, though.

I'm more than ready for this game to finally come out.

Home
The Yawhg

I want to pick up Home and The Yawhg, but those prices :/ Home's been cheaper and I'm waiting for The Yawhg to drop to $2.50 since it's supposed to be short, even if it is good.

header_292x136.jpg

Anyone try Momodora 3?
Yes, cute but a bit difficult. Fun. Maybe not 4.99 fun but around there.
Really limited options but I thinks that's expected.

I really need more impressions of this game. The first two were pretty good.

wagamer

Here you go:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-D44B8CCD10A3289C
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor Origin key -- MB-089DC964721A85DB
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Origin key -- MB-E0AE99A6CA4765E8
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-8163410319C7616C

t1404249194z1.png

Well you're supposed to provide them with info on which cheevos you're missing, so they don't have to second guess. If you can't, or there is no info, then they have to check themselves.

Also 7 tickets? I would be suspicious too. I've only ever sent one.

Besides, writing a ticket takes like a minute.

I did provide them a list, and a screenshot of my rewards page.

I was told to open a ticket once my rewards threshold hit a certain amount and I hadn't been credited, hence the 6 other tickets. I haven't been automatically credited in about 5 or 6 months.

Regarding how much time it's chewing up, it's not the length of time to write a ticket it's the fact that they take like 2 weeks to get back to me, and by then I've had more rewards added, but not credited, so we end up back at square one.

Myshkin

I haven't had credits sync correctly for a couple months. My problem now is that I'm getting new credits to sync (sort of, I don't know why they removed the check marks on your list -- makes it really hard to track), but my old credits were never paid out.

I thought things might be going okay, just because I would occasionally see my credit balance increase. It got up to $7 and change. But now it's back to $6 and change, so I guess I've been playing games they disapprove of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom