• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

We got sales again?

Also, why is it, that I can't play Assetto Corsa on my 3-monitor setup? I chose "triple screen" in the options menu.

bakeray

Sorry been busy at work all day, but it appears last night was my lucky night! Modbot finally endowed me with Dark Souls 2!

thank you so much PrematureQuiche

Let the pain begin.

I have like 10 games on my backlog that I really would like to play (Transistor, Child Of Light...) but I think Fallout 2 will take at least 40 hours more, that's like 4 weeks of playtime for me. Dang

That's exactly what I'm saying. Not sure how you reached the conclusion that I think they're going to include every card ever; I'm addressing the people who were hoping they would. And they exist!

Okay, I would agree that Wizards is not going to release a product that will make people with ridiculous expectations happy.

But, no, that's not what I mean by neutered. What I mean is that they will not be letting us build powerful archetypes.

Have you looked at the cardset? There's support for a whole lot of stuff -- token-advantage decks, blue counter-control, reanimator, artifact-matters, exalted aggro, etc. It's going to end up with a 600-ish card pool so it'll ultimately be on about the power level of a block constructed format, but the tools to make some interesting archetypes will all be there.

Vuze

simulate this
Decision was hard, but I entered for Warehouse Sim.
AmxoPtd.gif

Brothers of GAF, I welcome you to the 25th Steam thread!
Great giveaway. Accidentaly entered but oh well!

So my internet went out during the sale please tell me Ikaruga and Double Dragon weren't a flash.

Neither was a flash sale and the ultra-garbage setup for the community votes guaranteed that both lost their votes to, I dunno, four more hours of the same crappy Skyrim sale or something.

Hm thinking about buying rogue legacy, any thoughts?

I had a great time with that one. It definitely plays kind of like a rogue-like, but you get to keep all of the upgrades/unlocks you buy with gold, as well as keeping certain progress. I surprisingly really enjoyed the story, as well.

I just had the weirdest Steam bug ever. Aliens Colonial Marines just kept opening itself over and over, no matter how many times I closed it. I was finally quick enough to click the X on the "steam is starting Aliens" box one of the times and that ended it.

Jawmuncher

I just had the weirdest Steam bug ever. Aliens Colonial Marines just kept opening itself over and over, no matter how many times I closed it. I was finally quick enough to click the X on the "steam is starting Aliens" box one of the times and that ended it.

It was obviously telling you to play more of that great game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that game that looks like zelda minish cap is on greenlight now

also hello

Arthos

Neither was a flash sale and the ultra-garbage setup for the community votes guaranteed that both lost their votes to, I dunno, four more hours of the same crappy Skyrim sale or something.

We can only wish that the community steps it up for the next huge Steam sale.

The Canada Day sale seems okay.

that game that looks like zelda minish cap is on greenlight now

also hello

Which one?

And hi! :D

_hekk05

Banned

Overly attached video game. Don't go Hero-kun!!

Lain

they've added only 50 keys, and they didn't announce it like last time =\

Unless you are running a bot i seriously doubt anyone would be able to get these keys.

Crushing my dreams of free games ever so swiftly =(

Spent more time with Momodora 3. I maintain that the game is fun and a bit difficult, just not with the... shall we call them bosses? Those die quickly, but I do have difficulties in getting to them what with getting past the enemies. I like it though. It's as charming as Cave Story+ as far as I'm concerned and I love going around with my Ghost friend.

Vlad

Hm thinking about buying rogue legacy, any thoughts?

There's a demo available on Rogue Legacy's website. Why it's not on Steam I have no idea, but the demo covers more than enough ground to give you an idea if it's something you'd like. Personally, I liked it overall. It's got a good sense of humor, the controls are nice and solid, and there's a nice sense of progression as far as expanding your abilities goes.

that happens to me with Super house of the dead ninjas. Are you playing with BPM on?

ModBot said:
Instructions for PrematureQuiche:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
DARK SOULS II -- MB-64176401F7AA0FCC - Taken by LostAtLife. 58 entrants total.

t1404241608z1.png

last one! Good luck everyone! - also I am heading out so if anyone can bump this to the new page that would be fantastic!

koma

Repost for the evening crowd :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam Double D -- MB-3114E38239E7AC3B - Taken by WinterDemons. 3 entrants total.

t1404289070z1.png

_hekk05

Banned
Crushing my dreams of free games ever so swiftly =(

Spent more time with Momodora 3. I maintain that the game is fun and a bit difficult, just not with the... shall we call them bosses? Those die quickly, but I do have difficulties in getting to them what with getting past the enemies. I like it though. It's as charming as Cave Story+ as far as I'm concerned and I love going around with my Ghost friend.

I'm so tempted to buy it. Will start selling my cards tmr

MadGear

Man, I'm definitely not the type for early access games.
Got Door Kickers "ages" ago, looked interesting enough back than but got quickly bored by it (lack of content) and totally forgot about it. Just stumbled across a video of it just now and am actually impressed by its progress. If not for the video i probably would have never looked at this game again :D

marrec

Banned
Got Door Kickers "ages" ago, looked interesting enough back than but got quickly bored by it (lack of content) and totally forgot about it. Just stumbled across a video of it just now and am actually impressed by its progress. If not for the video i probably would have never looked at this game again :D

I have so much early access drivel floating around on my computer...

Half of them are probably abandoned by now.

Nabs

A tip would be to join the official group. They'll post updates there and it'll appear in your activity feed. Door Kickers Official Group and the latest update.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
super OT warning omg run run ruuuuuuuuun

nabs who won ultra at CEO, I know ChrisG won marvel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom