• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Lol your description reminds me of Pnd, hm I should watch couple of videos I guess. Thank you.

What's PnD?

I have no idea how people feel comfortable reusing assets from other commercial games, especially when asking people to give them money.

That sounds really fun! I hope you have a nice time c:
Best of luck with the room too :]

Eh, it's been going on three months lol.
Granted, I have taken quite a few breaks, just because I get so exhausted.
You're so right though, I need to crack down and make some lists. Maybe, after my interview tomorrow at GameStop, I'll get to cleaning some more. I had a migraine last night, so it's made me stupid tired today.

You're right, it probably would be a waste, but honestly I really can't think of anything else I could want, besides one thing. For the first time in my life, I'm at a really good place in my life. Maybe, I'd wish to be with my boyfriend in California?

What about you? What would you wish for?

Should be, at least a way to unwind from college before I go to work on some personal projects in a more serious manner.

Migraines are awful, know those all too well , good luck with the interview though.

Outside of the cliche stuff and bigger stuff (eternal youth, immortality, universe domination), I suppose I'd ask for the resources needed to make as many game projects as I want, that or improving my ability to act socially with people, though they're both things that I've been working on lately with, so far, some success.

We can only wish that the community steps it up for the next huge Steam sale.

The community will never step it up. Every vote will always be dominated by people with zero attention span who vote for one big game that will already be on sale three other times during the week over the people who want sales for games that will otherwise not be discounted.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Worms Golf is serious business. I must break you.

test-strength.jpg

Haunted

The community will never step it up. Every vote will always be dominated by people with zero attention span who vote for one big game that will already be on sale three other times during the week over the people who want sales for games that will otherwise not be discounted.
winston-churchill.jpg

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea how people feel comfortable reusing assets from other commercial games, especially when asking people to give them money.

It's been talked about a lot in the game's Gaf thread. They're not the same exact assets, though they are very similar.

You can see the similarities and differences in Kiru's post just a few above this one.

Vastag

I just had the weirdest Steam bug ever. Aliens Colonial Marines just kept opening itself over and over, no matter how many times I closed it. I was finally quick enough to click the X on the "steam is starting Aliens" box one of the times and that ended it.

I don't know what have you done but seems that steam hates you.

Ruruja

Is it just me or does New Vegas CTD all the fucking time? I can't go 15 mins without a CTD.

It only happened to me once, when I reached the Legion base. Alas it was after a couple of hours or so of not saving it (I turned Autosave off because it can break your saves).

I haven't touched the game since.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Infiltration won against Momochi. He came back from the losers to win it all.

of course he did... I havent watched the scene since the last evo, 1 year later, Chris G is winning marvel, Infiltration is winning SF, how exciting

I know chris g didnt win evo marvel last year but still

anyway thanks, resume the saoirse talk

Aaron D.

Kinda sad how I can't get enough of Simulator games.

I don't think it's sad in the least.

And you get the added benefit of learning real-world skills in the process.

Heck, if I wanted to steal a bus I could nick one right now.

knQCzLG.jpg

More importantly, while all the sad saps are out there on the front lines fighting against the Zombie Apocalypse, I'll be merrily busing my friends and family along to safety!

mrgone

With all this talk of simulators and golf, it reminded me that EA still hasn't re-released Sid Meier's SimGolf. Worst company in America.

Ruruja

I don't think it's sad in the least.

And you get the added benefit of learning real-world skills in the process.

Heck, if I wanted to steal a bus I could nick one right now.

Do you find yourself sat on a bus, secretly hoping some disaster happens and you're left without a bus driver, only for you to stand up and proclaim, "FEAR NOT! I can drive a bus!" and rescue everyone?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you might want to keep an eye out on Devolver's twitter today

Devolver Digital ‏@devolverdigital 12m

Another reminder before today's match - if the USA wins the World Cup we're giving away 1,000 downloads of Broforce.

Knurek

Did someone try mailing GabeN about the shitty practice of putting daily/flash games up for community vote?

Jawmuncher

Another reminder before today's match - if the USA wins the World Cup we're giving away 1,000 downloads of Broforce.

No point in that USA isn't going to win.

Monooboe

I just had the weirdest Steam bug ever. Aliens Colonial Marines just kept opening itself over and over, no matter how many times I closed it. I was finally quick enough to click the X on the "steam is starting Aliens" box one of the times and that ended it.

Yeah I had the same bug.o_O Maybe the game is really desperate to be played...

JustLynx

nice!! thanks for sharing!

Kiru

BROOOO, I neeeed it.

GO FREDOOM EAGLE.

Saty

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-07-01-ubisoft-wins-uplay-drm-patent-suit
Ubisoft has joined the ranks of game companies crowing about successful defenses in patent litigation. The publisher today announced a summary judgment it received last month in a US patent suit brought against it by Digital Reg of Texas. The suit claimed that Ubisoft's Uplay platform violated a number of patents Digital Reg held on digital rights management techniques.

"Ubisoft is determined to aggressively fight patent cases that target the company and its innovations and technologies," a spokesperson said. "Ubisoft is committed to defending itself against patent assertion entities--referred to as patent 'trolls'--that assert invalid or inapplicable patents against the company or the industry."

Digital Reg filed its suit in 2011 with a number of companies named as defendants, including Zynga, Valve, and Electronic Arts. However, all three of those companies reached settlement agreements with the plaintiff over the course of 2013.
YvesG> Gaben

TsuXna

They just know that USA will lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom