• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you might want to keep an eye out on Devolver's twitter today

Devolver Digital ‏@devolverdigital 12m

Another reminder before today's match - if the USA wins the World Cup we're giving away 1,000 downloads of Broforce.

If they win the entire WC, not today's match.

So, after the steam sale, I'd like to thank you all steamGAF for your generosity with the giveaways. I managed to get some games and save some money so I decided I would give something sweet in return. Also, please read the block of text after the modbot quote:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Prey -- MB-0A7E8F6B9099E88A - Taken by KenOD

t1404252542z1.png

If the winner of this giveaway is like me and also loves to collect physical retail games, I can also ship you the game, you just need to pay the shipping fees. I'm from Portugal and don't mind shipping overseas. If the winner doesn't want the physical edition as well, I will open the same question to the rest of the gaffers.
In that case, please take notice that the cdkey will not activate on steam (because I'm sure the winner of the modbot raffle will activate it), but the game remains to be fully playable outside steam.

MadGear

I have so much early access drivel floating around on my computer...

Half of them are probably abandoned by now.

Thats one of the reasons why I'm a somewhat hesitant to jump on early access games and kickstarter projects, but I guess most of these games actually do make progress and get released (otherwise these programs would have long failed).
The only other early access game i own so far is Assetto Corsa.

A tip would be to join the official group. They'll post updates there and it'll appear in your activity feed. Door Kickers Official Group and the latest update.

Thanks, actually never used the group functionality before but it should be quiet useful for these games.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

Another reminder before today's match - if the USA wins the World Cup we're giving away 1,000 downloads of Broforce.

They need to win more than just todays game to win the WC, so even if they win today there won't be keys ;)

Edit: Beaten like Spain

_hekk05

Banned
I'll buy the entirety of steamgaf 100% orange juice if USA wins the World Cup.

Caveat: you must actually play the game

Not that rich lol

Any sports fans? Amazon has Madden 08 and NHL 09 for $2. I'm trying to decide if I should even bother. I know they release updated rosters for Madden 08. I'm pretty much PC only these days but I could always get the new Madden on my good old 360 lol.

Vastag

So, after the steam sale, I'd like to thank you all steamGAF for your generosity with the giveaways. I managed to get some games and save some money so I decided I would give something sweet in return. Also, please read the block of text after the modbot quote:

Great giveaway Cyberquake!

marrec

Banned
Thats one of the reasons why I'm a somewhat hesitant to jump on early access games and kickstarter projects, but I guess most of these games actually do make progress and get released (otherwise these programs would have long failed).
The only other early access game i own so far is Assetto Corsa.

Eh, I always have my fun with them... I just wish that some of them would have more funding to be able to implement the systems they want. Lots of talent and ambition out there without the cashflow to back it up unfortunately.

Jawmuncher

I'll buy the entirety of steamgaf 100% orange juice if USA wins the World Cup.

Caveat: you must actually play the game

Not that rich lol

Didn't recognize you since you changed your avatar.
Shit i'll play 100% orange juice just because. I was hovering over it the whole summer sale.

In case anyone missed it during the sale, here's another chance to grab it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for FiveElementNinja:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

qY6u5Po.jpg

Rad Bats -- MB-77A8B94428FC7B76 - Taken by Kryptonite. 14 entrants total.

t1404242895z1.png

dani_dc

It's been talked about a lot in the game's Gaf thread. They're not the same exact assets, though they are very similar.

You can see the similarities and differences in Kiru's post just a few above this one.

Ah, I see, I still wouldn't feel comfortable using semi-modified assets (or even new ones that are very similar to their inspiration)

Puzzle and dragons.
Ah, I actually never played it, IAP kind of put me off, might give it a try though.

Not good enough to get me to root for the US over Belgium!

Apparently Portugaf is the best GAF.
Always surprises me the amount of Portuguese people I see around here.

Aaron D.

Do you find yourself sat on a bus, secretly hoping some disaster happens and you're left without a bus driver, only for you to stand up and proclaim, "FEAR NOT! I can drive a bus!" and rescue everyone?

Posh! I would if I were a plebeian. But I don't ride on the bus!

I'm more of a metro-rail guy.

Point stands, though. My sim training could have me piloting any manner of plane, train, or automobile to the high hills when our backs are against the wall.

And then when we get there I could create a self-sustaining enclave with my full agricultural simulation training.

Now I just need to play more of The Forest to bone up on staving off the unsavory populations.

Seaklng

Banned
Should be, at least a way to unwind from college before I go to work on some personal projects in a more serious manner.

Migraines are awful, know those all too well , good luck with the interview though.

Outside of the cliche stuff and bigger stuff (eternal youth, immortality, universe domination), I suppose I'd ask for the resources needed to make as many game projects as I want, that or improving my ability to act socially with people, though they're both things that I've been working on lately with, so far, some success.

Much deserved down time for you, it seems! c:

Ahhh. Yeah I've had them my whole life (doctors think cause of chemo.) Do they know what causes yours? How do you usually deal with them? I'm always interested in hearing what others' are caused by and how they manage them. I've gotten some good tips and given some as well c:

Thanks! I've pretty much got it in the bag. It's the second interview, so I know they want me ;]

Social skills are hard to improve. I know I want to just curl up into a friggin ball sometimes. lol
I believe in you though c:
What kind of games?! Are you currently working on one? Or is that something you aspire to do?

Unicorn

Are you using many mods? When I played it I rarely got any CTD and I was using some mods.

Was doing it Vanilla. I've added about 10 mods and it's been doing it about the same amount. Going to try this fullscreen fix mod though. Won't be able to play again until later tonight or tomorrow though. Gotta go back to work soon.

Is there anything on your system that might be creating a virtual network adapter or making another hardware change? That seems to get a lot of people who experience the issue of losing access periodically. It could be some type of virtual machine, or in my case my Motorola phone.

When I plug my phone in to my computer to charge it the driver creates a network adapter used for tethering so that if I wanted to, I could use its data connection as an Internet connection. Steam sharing looks for certain hardware changes and if it finds one, determines that the computer is different, or different enough, from the one that your friend authorized and won't let you share. It would then throw an error if I tried to reauthorize using an already installed game.

It drove me nuts for awhile. All I need to do is make sure that my phone is unplugged when Steam starts up. I can then plug it in and sharing works fine.

Thanks for reply, but it's not that as it's random.

I have 3 Steam Share accounts sharing their games, it'll allow a random 2 but disallow a random 1. Sometimes it'll allow all 3, sometimes it'll only allow 1.

I like you. Including TimeShift in there was a great choice.
It was cheap as shit in the Russian store. Don't know if it's good or bad, just that there was money behind that game when it came out.

Woot! Thanks for Virtua Tennis :)
Np.

If USA wins the World Cup I'll buy everyone here Dark Souls II.
Don't do this to yourself, mang. I still have Dark Souls I lying in the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom