• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Just a reminder, the Gone Home giveaway is ending in a few hours:

Well, I guess you could say the Steam Summer Sale has Gone Home.

Get it? Gone Home?

Get it???

Just in case you didn't get it, here's your chance (plus a few Desura keys)!

Helmholtz

So, those VAC bans: Apparently they're banning for Steam Achievement Manager now? RIP in peace, card idlers?
It kind of blows my mind that SAM still exists/works. I remember using it like 5-6 years ago to unlock TF2 achievements or something, and even back then it seemed sketchy as hell.

Myshkin

Did I just win 3 games today, from Diedac, YianGaruga, and Dragoon En Regalia?

I just rummaged through games last week for giveaways, but I offered to family first and they unabashedly took them all! I'll rummage through some more now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dare I ask why?? app that good?? : )

im just one of the many many people who has a 4S and had their wi-fi busted since 7.0 was released

sometimes it works, most time it doesnt, sometimes it works for a few seconds, sometimes it locks your iphone up, etc etc etc. its completely random too, tonight for example, it wont connect at all, or when it does, it dies after 5 seconds.

its fun, and none of the "fixes" work, the only one I havent tried is the "heat it up with a fucking hairdrier and then put it in the fridge" (yes, thats apparently a real thing) because I was never one to do these extreme methods

Beelzebubs

im just one of the many many people who has a 4S and had their wi-fi busted since 7.0 was released

sometimes it works, most time it doesnt, sometimes it works for a few seconds, sometimes it locks your iphone up, etc etc etc. its completely random too, tonight for example, it wont connect at all, or when it does, it dies after 5 seconds.

its fun, and none of the "fixes" work, the only one I havent tried is the "heat it up with a fucking hairdrier and then put it in the fridge" (yes, thats apparently a real thing) because I was never one to do these extreme methods

Go android we have working Dreamcast Emulators!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I wish I could generate a situation where playing The Yawhg would be cool, but between only really having 1 friend to come over ocasionally and him not being perfect at english it'd just be kind of a bummer I guess

This is pretty much the polar opposite of cool, but playing over skype with one person narrating (preferably playing the music through the call) is a lot of fun too.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
SteamGAF needs to compile a big Google spreadsheet of peoples' gaf names and then their Steam names so we know who's different.
Like me :X

Actually, I can start that right now if anyone's interested.
That would actually be a good idea, and would save me a lot of googling because I want to tag my GAF friends too.

So if you do it you'll have my eternal thanks!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yup, boot up the game and alt + tab away :)

or use Saoirse's text file trick to make steam youre running the game when youre running another one (good for people with monthly caps)

edit: beaten like the USA was tonight

bacon-bits

Neo Member
Hi everyone. I've been lurking the thread for a bit and felt I should actually contribute. Can't wait to be home from work tomorrow so I can play some of my summer sales backlog. Will also put up some keys this weekend from some humble bundles in the past.

Hi everyone. I've been lurking the thread for a bit and felt I should actually contribute. Can't wait to be home from work tomorrow so I can play some of my summer sales backlog. Will also put up some keys this weekend from some humble bundles in the past.

What is this word "play" you are talking about?

Seaklng

Banned
Probably worth it.

So friggin' worth it.

BACON!!!!!!!
BACONNNNNN C:

Will-you-marry-me.gif

Uhm. Yeah ok. <3

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I thought you could always get VAC banned by using SAM on a vac enabled game?

No, the ruling was using it while NOT IN the VAC-enabled game was fine. The word is: Valve doesn't care about achievements so most people aren't banned.

But this latest wave of VAC bans for CS:GO has caused panic in regards to some people saying SAM and "third party memory editors" (like Cheat Engine?) are causing some of the GO bans besides the "known cheats" that Valve detected for CS:GO only (and a League hack which is weird since that isn't on Steam). It's making me really wonder what Valve's latest banwave is going for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom