• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Wolf Among Us launched on Android today and I have a ton of Amazon coins.

How good are Telltale at android tho?
They suck at simple PC stuff, so... I'd wait for reviews, if I were you.

does SteamGAF actually feel :/ for missing out on those CE goodies that the console guys usually get?

I mean we purchase everything from Steam

CEs are pretty useless.
I have some cool older stuff left, from when games actually created real manuals, but these days? No thank you.
I don't want one of those stupid statues, or coins and other stuff that's just gonna clutter up a desk.

Toki767

One more Astabreed gif from my playthrough. Quality is kind of grainy because of the quickness of the action though.

uzikac.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The game has a VS Mode sir... (37 playable characters and apparently more content released later)

Game will have a competitive aspect to it and I think there might be a 4 player versus mode but only local. Might have to check their forums about that.

you are completely unselling me on the game first with the smash bros comparisons and now this. I thought it was a side scroller, not unlike a metroid, castlevania, bloodrayne (the 2d one), volgarr, etc etc

Hugstable

Banned
The bone wheels? I'm guessing you haven't been down to the Catacombs yet. :p

Yes those things, and no I haven't been to Catacombs yet. I just didn't expect it, just started to walk into a tunnel and I just hear something wizzing by me, turn around and I get spinned to death. Took care of that section now, but that initial surprise was something.

One more Astabreed gif from my playthrough. Quality is kind of grainy because of the quickness of the action though.

uzikac.gif

Sexy. Gonna be fun playing through this Asstrebread

Articalys

So, just got done compiling Enhanced Steam's download stats for June.

I'm still blown away every time I think that over 1,000,000 people have now downloaded Enhanced Steam.
It's honestly like a night-and-day experience. There have been times when I load up the Steam client to do some library management, then move over to the Store or Community tabs before realizing "why the hell am I doing this in the client instead of in Chrome with ES?" Kudos to you for all the work you've done on it -- I can't remember how it held up in previous sales, but it did quite a fine job during the last week.

Jawmuncher

I haven't tried using the FPS counter either. At least not in game. It's supposed to be Alt-F12 by default I think, but I couldn't get it working on the desktop.

But yeah, it seems completely dumb to add push to talk as an option (which doesn't toggle when set to capslock for some asinine reason), then remove the mic mute/toggle from the always on option that it had previously.

No caps lock is inexcusable. That's what the key is for when I need to chat.

---------------------------------------------------------

Can't say I miss the CE goodies now that I have moved more into digital games.
95% off the stuff I collected from before is sitting in storage.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
you are completely unselling me on the game first with the smash bros comparisons and now this. I thought it was a side scroller, not unlike a metroid, castlevania, bloodrayne (the 2d one), volgarr, etc etc

Its both!

The combat system is similar to Smash but there is a Sidescroller with rogue like elements to it.

Story Mode plays like a sidescroller with rogue like elements
Coop - Self Explanatory
Vs - Self Explanatory

Read a preview.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ok so there is a campaign / story mode then

also stop saying rouge

rouge

wilflare

Not all of us! Although I very rarely purchase CE in the first place (unless they're from Blizzard).

I guess. I'm seeing less and less a point now... but those JRPGs (Atlus) etc CE still get me :/
especially those with artbooks and OSTs

the shit that stays in boxes in your shelf never to be touched or cared for after the first day?

no, I learned that lesson the hard way when I was collecting DVDs

what DVDs? haha so full digital now? I only like the artbooks and OSTs :/ but bleh

nah I don't buy CE anyways(I own consoles as well), not about to spend +100 dollars for ONE game. Thats just silly.

true. :/ but I just hope those artbooks and OSTs that usually come with it were more common

CEs are pretty useless.
I have some cool older stuff left, from when games actually created real manuals, but these days? No thank you.
I don't want one of those stupid statues, or coins and other stuff that's just gonna clutter up a desk.

hmm I'm not a fan of statues, coins - but yea, like you said, I just want a proper (thick) manual with the artwork.. (artbook and OST are best)
so full digital for you now?

Rhaknar

Stahp. Both of you. It is a word. It's just the wrong word.

Rouge, the southern-belle

412-rogue.jpg

or a World of Warcraft Rouge

rogue-wow-basics.jpg

maybe you prefer the Power Stone Rouge?

pstone3-rouge.jpg

wait that one is actually called Rouge... shit! :p

Crayons

Banned
The Yawhg is ridiculously short. It's a board game that lasts about 10 minutes. I can't help but feel ripped off. It had potential but then just ends.

Toki767

I'm sorry to break it to you guys, but rouge means red.

The Yawhg is ridiculously short. It's a board game that lasts about 10 minutes. I can't help but feel ripped off. It had potential but then just ends.

I had the same feeling playing The Stanley Parable. Ridiculously short.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Question for those of you who know and/or are doing that M&M pre-paid card deal. A friend of mine used it to buy something off Amazon, but it was over the $6 allotted by some $2 and is now worried about an Overdraft fee.

Should I tell him to keep panicking or not to worry because it would have been denied if there wasn't enough funds available?

mannerbot

Question for those of you who know and/or are doing that M&M pre-paid card deal. A friend of mine used it to buy something off Amazon, but it was over the $6 allotted by some $2 and is now worried about an Overdraft fee.

Should I tell him to keep panicking or not to worry because it would have been denied if there wasn't enough funds available?

It's obvious that the leftover $2 was covered by another payment method. Why would he be worried about an "overdraft fee" on a prepaid card, lmao. Did he even check the invoice or is he just panicking for no reason and not doing actually doing anything?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So yeah. Warface: Not worth the download time. In addition to Gface being required it's basically Crysis in a different skin. :/ Bleh. No wonder it kinda flopped.

Speevy

Banned
SHAADDDDDDDDDDOOOOWWWWNENEEEET

Dude bought me Transistor. What can I say? What can anyone say about such a man?

He deserves to be exalted above all others.

Transistor_art.jpg

jblank83

Stanley Parable has multiple endings. The fun is exploring all the branching points and seeing them all. Many of the branch points and endings smartly comment on this.

Just playing through it once would be, well, wrong.

I didn't buy it full price, though. At its original launch price I'd say it was a little overpriced.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

The thing is, both of those games bank on replay-ability. The Stanley Parable has a ton of endings and branching paths that require some time to dig around with and discover. It's still only 4-6 hours or so but it's a hell of a creative journey from start to finish.

The Yawhg similarly banks on playing over again and again but unlike TSP it's really designed to be played with friends in quick sessions with lots of laughs over how badly everyone got fucked over. Having a dedicated narrator reading everything out aloud dramatically like a storybook helps quite a bit as well. Really not a great game to play by yourself.

Turfster

hmm I'm not a fan of statues, coins - but yea, like you said, I just want a proper (thick) manual with the artwork.. (artbook and OST are best)
so full digital for you now?

Basically, unless (very rarely) I can find a disc copy in the stores for something that's either not on Steam, or is cheap and registers on Steam anyway.

Crayons

Banned
The Yawhg similarly banks on playing over again and again but unlike TSP it's really designed to be played with friends in quick sessions with lots of laughs over how badly everyone got fucked over. Having a dedicated narrator reading everything out aloud dramatically like a storybook helps quite a bit as well. Really not a great game to play by yourself.

I feel like even with friends that it wouldn't be that fun.

I couldn't even change the resolution in that game. There were no options at all!

One thing I liked: the music was great.

So yeah. Warface: Not worth the download time. In addition to Gface being required it's basically Crysis in a different skin. :/ Bleh. No wonder it kinda flopped.

I assumed they came out with the standalone client for steam, which I heard they were working on months ago (maybe in 2013) when I last played the game.

It has a few things that are neat about it, but imo it is a really really bad game. Terrible net code. 1hk snipers (balanced in CS because of having to work towards the AWP but in this game it is just too good imo). Awkward maps.

What they do well was their version of demolition. Somewhat unique roles due to classes. Routes that require teamwork to use where you have one teammate boost another up over an obstacle you cannot pass otherwise.

Slide shooting is interesting.

It does have 4 player coop which is kinda interesting. The co-op got boring really fast though so I didn't play that much at all.

I wouldn't really compare it to crysis. It is more like CS with ADS, sliding, worse netcode, and classes instead of purchasing guns between rounds.

All that said, I haven't played in like half a year or longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom