• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
SHAADDDDDDDDDDOOOOWWWWNENEEEET

Dude bought me Transistor. What can I say? What can anyone say about such a man?

He deserves to be exalted above all others.

I'm glad you're enjoying it :D

I cant take that title though. That belong squarely to nbnt. NOW THAT is a great man. I will never be able to beat $1000 in gifts.

All I can do is take care of my friends with what I got. :)

Deadbeat

Banned
Now's the time to play CS: GO if you have it. Bought the pass and have already made $10 off of crates.
I already got all my drops for the week and im going on the road next week so its utterly pointless. No money this time for me I guess.

Grief.exe

I assumed they came out with the standalone client for steam, which I heard they were working on months ago (maybe in 2013) when I last played the game.

It has a few things that are neat about it, but imo it is a really really bad game. Terrible net code. 1hk snipers (balanced in CS because of having to work towards the AWP but in this game it is just too good imo). Awkward maps.

What they do well was their version of demolition. Somewhat unique roles due to classes. Routes that require teamwork to use where you have one teammate boost another up over an obstacle you cannot pass otherwise.

Slide shooting is interesting.

It does have 4 player coop which is kinda interesting. The co-op got boring really fast though so I didn't play that much at all.

I wouldn't really compare it to crysis. It is more like CS with ADS, sliding, worse netcode, and classes instead of purchasing guns between rounds.

All that said, I haven't played in like half a year or longer.

Sounds horrifying.

Ambition

One more Astabreed gif from my playthrough. Quality is kind of grainy because of the quickness of the action though.

uzikac.gif

Thats looks great! Too bad I didn't purchase it during the sale, fml.

Hugstable

Banned
OMG ShadownetX I freakin Love You!

(I still can't snapshot on my Windows 8 PC and I have no clue why)
This is one of the games of the sale I held back on buying on the last day as my M&M card didn't work after that hacked batch or whatever happened. Than you so much, and I'm definitely down to play tonight, haven't played a Payday gsme before so it'll be a nee experience for me. Thanks so much again! I'm gonna get you back someday when you least expect it haha.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So yeah. Warface: Not worth the download time. In addition to Gface being required it's basically Crysis in a different skin. :/ Bleh. No wonder it kinda flopped.

On the bright side, clicking "Play Game" gets you a +1.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
It's obvious that the leftover $2 was covered by another payment method. Why would he be worried about an "overdraft fee" on a prepaid card, lmao. Did he even check the invoice or is he just panicking for no reason and not doing actually doing anything?

The thing is it says on Amazon that they can not be combined with credit cards on a single order and he had no gift cards to use on it, and as such the only thing that appears on the invoice is the Master Card... card, showing up as a Debit Card.
He simply doesn't see where the additional payment came from as the only other available payment method shows no charge and thus has scared himself silly over it due to his lack of knowledge on the subject.

I tried to tell him it simply wouldn't have gone through if there wasn't enough as my understanding of these things go, but I really don't know for certain as I am neither using these pre-paid cards myself nor have I ever truly looked into the concept of overdraft. Thus I'm looking for a second opinion that might give him some answers. He's also 18, so a bit mental.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I assumed they came out with the standalone client for steam, which I heard they were working on months ago (maybe in 2013) when I last played the game.

It has a few things that are neat about it, but imo it is a really really bad game. Terrible net code. 1hk snipers (balanced in CS because of having to work towards the AWP but in this game it is just too good imo). Awkward maps.

What they do well was their version of demolition. Somewhat unique roles due to classes. Routes that require teamwork to use where you have one teammate boost another up over an obstacle you cannot pass otherwise.

Slide shooting is interesting.

It does have 4 player coop which is kinda interesting. The co-op got boring really fast though so I didn't play that much at all.

I wouldn't really compare it to crysis. It is more like CS with ADS, sliding, worse netcode, and classes instead of purchasing guns between rounds.

All that said, I haven't played in like half a year or longer.

The standalone client is a joke: It's basically like Ghost Recon: Online/Phantom's where it'll boot the "login client" and then you have to make a Gface (Uplay in GR:O) account and/or login with said account to then boot the game.

I don't really see the Counter-Strike comparisons. Maybe it's because it's Cryengine but it feels too "Crysis" to me, even down to the button mapping and the gun customization being the same.

And I'll agree with the shit netcode. I've been in rounds where it's nothing but red bars or 2-3 bars and I'm still getting shitty hit registration of five seconds no matter the bars. :/

An hour was more than enough for me to see the potential isn't there. Whereas something like Ghost Recon online could certainly fill a niche (F2P third person shooter) if it dropped it's problems (P2W P2W P2W and the terrible maps).

I think Hawken (which is mostly dead :() is the only F2P shooter on Steam I enjoy. GR:O could've been it if it didn't have that stupid matchmaking and P2W bullshit.

On the bright side, clicking "Play Game" gets you a +1.

Oh shit. You're right. I was wondering why it didn't disappear like other F2P titles. WTF Valve/Crytek?

Thanks for the game, I guess?

Hugstable

Banned
Just want to give a shout out to Speeeeeeeeeevy! for Valiant hearts. Thank you very much for it.
Patt and and Matt is still the shit

Enjoy it, I've probably said it hella times in the steam threads alrwady, but this game was very well worth it. Jist a fun overall package with an emotional story and great adventure gameplay with some fun minigames and boss fights well integrated into the game. I like how they do the narrative to, and it makes the ending that much better.

Honestly it's one of my favorite games to come this year besides Kirby Triple Deluxe.

yGray

Banned
Shovel Knight is soo tight. I played around 100 minutes today. I'm excited for it as a franchise after the developer talking about supporting this game with free content throughout the year, possibly working on a 16 bit sequel after that and eventually a 3D N64 reminiscent 3rd sequel.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

This is one of the games of the sale I held back on buying on the last day as my M&M card didn't work after that hacked batch or whatever happened. Than you so much, and I'm definitely down to play tonight, haven't played a Payday gsme before so it'll be a nee experience for me. Thanks so much again! I'm gonna get you back someday when you least expect it haha.

Prnt Scrn key and paint.

Or (since Win7) the "Snipping Tool," bro.

Scythian

Now's the time to play CS: GO if you have it. Bought the pass and have already made $10 off of crates.

I enjoy it, but every time I want to play I remember that Find Game doesn't work for me at all, it throws me into servers full of bots. And every community server that isn't empty makes everyone lag so... it's not an ideal experience.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just noticed JaseC's avatar is no longer a permutation of salsa ronin.

This. Changes. Everything.

tumblr_inline_mjzbsyriapzz.gif

I'll help in any way that I can. This needs to happen.

We can probably use JaseC's greenlight submission.

It's not like I'm going to use it. ;)

Oh shit. You're right. I was wondering why it didn't disappear like other F2P titles. WTF Valve/Crytek?

Thanks for the game, I guess?

For some reason the game isn't tethered to my library, but, yeah, my game count went up. Sub 0 is no longer used for free/F2P games.

Cody_D165

Banned
Shovel Knight is soo tight. I played around 100 minutes today. I'm excited for it as a franchise after the developer talking about supporting this game with free content throughout the year, possibly working on a 16 bit sequel after that and eventually a 3D N64 reminiscent 3rd sequel.

giphy.gif

I enjoy it, but every time I want to play I remember that Find Game doesn't work for me at all, it throws me into servers full of bots. And every community server that isn't empty makes everyone lag so... it's not an ideal experience.
Out of curiosity, what is your Steam download region set to? I had that exact same thing until I realised I'd set it to Ukraine (don't ask, when VPNs don't work you try everything). Setting it back to my region fixed the problem.

Shadownet

Banned

If you go to search setting and look up "snipping tool" thats what I use to take a screenshot on Windows 8. My print screen key doesnt work either.

Snipping tool work flawlessly!

mannerbot

The thing is it says on Amazon that they can not be combined with credit cards on a single order and he had no gift cards to use on it, and as such the only thing that appears on the invoice is the Master Card... card, showing up as a Debit Card.
He simply doesn't see where the additional payment came from as the only other available payment method shows no charge and thus has scared himself silly over it due to his lack of knowledge on the subject.

I tried to tell him it simply wouldn't have gone through if there wasn't enough as my understanding of these things go, but I really don't know for certain as I am neither using these pre-paid cards myself nor have I ever truly looked into the concept of overdraft. Thus I'm looking for a second opinion that might give him some answers. He's also 18, so a bit mental.

Ah, alright. I didn't know that you can't pay for a single order on Amazon using multiple cards. Worst thing that can happen is that Amazon realizes their mistake and goes back to cancel the order. And no, you can't overdraft on a prepaid card since you don't have any accounts tied to it -- your name isn't even on the thing. Did he only find out that Amazon doesn't let you use multiple cards on a single purchase afterwards? All he had to do was buy himself a $6 gift card using the prepaid and pay as normal.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
does SteamGAF actually feel :/ for missing out on those CE goodies that the console guys usually get?

I mean we purchase everything from Steam

They're mostly garbage that I wouldn't be interested in outside of a few CEs. The only CE/LE's that I've bought in the last few years were both on the 3DS anyway, and one of those didn't cost me anything.

yeah i'll prob get it

did they say a release date yet

It's October 24th. Might be a placeholder though.

If you go to search setting and look up "snipping tool" thats what I use to take a screenshot on Windows 8. My print screen key doesnt work either.

Snipping tool work flawlessly!

Jing is another good program for screenshots, especially to just capture part of the screen (it lets you draw a box around what you want, or take the whole screen or application, etc)

MUnited83

For you.
ModBot said:
Instructions for BernardoOne:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Torchlight 2 -- MB-5DDF7532317BD7AB - Taken by Iron Badger. 14 entrants total.

t1404274031z1.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Ah, alright. I didn't know that you can't pay for a single order on Amazon using multiple cards. Worst thing that can happen is that Amazon realizes their mistake and goes back to cancel the order. And no, you can't overdraft on a prepaid card since you don't have any accounts tied to it -- your name isn't even on the thing. Did he only find out that Amazon doesn't let you use multiple cards on a single purchase afterwards? All he had to do was buy himself a $6 gift card using the prepaid and pay as normal.

Nay, he didn't know. I had to actually show him how to buy a gift card from them online as appearently he's never done any of this for himself before and simply going off what CAG told him to do (bad influence there). He didn't even think about it until just recently since it was a digital order and gave him a XBLA code instantly he then used

Like I said, 18 and mental.

Thanks for the thoughts, helpfully he calms him down a bit from it.

Scythian

Out of curiosity, what is your Steam download region set to? I had that exact same thing until I realised I'd set it to Ukraine (don't ask, when VPNs don't work you try everything). Setting it back to my region fixed the problem.

Mexico, so it should be correct, I'm gonna try to set it to another region and setting it back. Kinda want to play some casual matches on GO. Entered one on the community servers but it had no HUD indicators for some reason.

dot

Mexico, so it should be correct, I'm gonna try to set it to another region and setting it back. Kinda want to play some casual matches on GO. Entered one on the community servers but it had no HUD indicators for some reason.

Oh, i thought it was just me having the bot/HUD problems today. Guess it's some bugs from the new update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom