• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

So I got image scrolling working in the new version of Enhanced Steam:

You'll be able to click a screenshot, it'll open in a lightbox, and there will be back/forward arrows on the side of the page to scroll through all of them.
That looks fantastic.
By the way, if you don't mind my asking, are you a web developer by trade?

APPLESAUCE JUST GIFTED ME GUACAMELEE!

I AM SO HAPPY!

FUHFAUIHIJDFDABNF I LOVE YOU APPLESAUCE.

TEARS OF JOY RUNNING DOWN MY FACE.
STEAMGAF IS BEST GAF (well tied with NintenGAF)

<333333333
The power of the heart is one.

Hugstable

Banned
Playing Dark Souls right now, the monsters you meet in the narrow sewers of Painting World of Ariamis are mad genius. I did not see them coming and they were something else to fight. Hard to even screencap it just because of how they move haha.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That looks fantastic.
By the way, if you don't mind my asking, are you a web developer by trade?

Not currently, no. I've been a developer of desktop applications in the past, and I currently work as a network / server administrator. Obviously, I know my way around web development as well, I just haven't done it professionally except for one small gig I did back in 1999.

But at this point I consider Enhanced Steam to be like my second job. I usually spend about 30+ hours a week answering email, developing new features, etc so I have it listed as such on my resume. :)

Altazor

BUY IT

iH12LMrtuMwYQ.gif

the fact that a lot of its elements are apparently from chilean folklore just makes it even more amazing. I'll certainly check it out once it's released.

EDIT: though, as far as I'm concerned, we don't have a gateway to the abyss over here. If there's one, though, I'd like to go there...

Lomax

Sweet I won a copy of Gone Home with my lucky number 13! Thanks En Ex :) My girlfriend and I plan on playing through it together

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So, just got done compiling Enhanced Steam's download stats for June.

I'm still blown away every time I think that over 1,000,000 people have now downloaded Enhanced Steam.

Mono

I'm still blown away every time I think that over 1,000,000 people have now downloaded Enhanced Steam.

Holy hell, that's a lot of downloads. I'm glad it's doing so well!

Salsa

dont mean to make you feel bad but I just set a dynamic IP and downloaded it nine hundred ninety-nine thousand nine hundred ninety-nine times

chin up champ

iosefe

playing Gone home is moderatly nerve wracking. with the headphones and the constant thunder...i have a minor fear...

i'm such a coward.

denx

Ugh, trying to line up your sword cuts in Blade Mode to break Sundowner's shield is a complete bitch.

Congrats!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dont mean to make you feel bad but I just set a dynamic IP and downloaded it nine hundred ninety-nine thousand nine hundred ninety-nine times

chin up champ

N3box.jpg

extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeme

Ugh, trying to line up your sword cuts in Blade Mode to break Sundowner's shield is a complete bitch.

Congrats!
Just use defensive offense (maybe I have that backward) instead. You'll hit him, his shield will explode in an attempt to hit you, but you'll come out unscathed.

jshackles

chin up champ

lol

Salsa, living everywhere.

Also, thanks everyone for the well wishes. Enhanced Steam is really a community project - a lot of features are those suggested by people that use it - so I couldn't have done it without each and every one of you.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
the fact that a lot of its elements are apparently from chilean folklore just makes it even more amazing. I'll certainly check it out once it's released.

EDIT: though, as far as I'm concerned, we don't have a gateway to the abyss over here. If there's one, though, I'd certainly like to go there...

The fact the game is Smash Bros inspired on the combat but adding their own flavor makes it appealing. Look at this combo vid.

The team has bothered to put an Advanced Combat Mechanics Guide which usually a lot of developers wait til later to put guides. It shows enough of the ideas behind the game and you can see them answer questions about the game on the community and it seems they will take on feedback and keep the game flowing with content and fixes for the competitive aspect of the game.

BTW Friendly Fire is on but can be turned off but the developers dont like it cause it cheapens the game and make it into another mindless hack and slash instead of playing with style. (You can look into the community stuff which they talk about it)

Overall I like a lot the game and the passion the team shows for the game.

EDIT: Yes I always go like this when Im really into a game. (Look Dark Souls 2 OT)

Jawmuncher

I was going to stream some stuff tonight, but ShadowPlay removed the mic toggle... So it's on all the time or push to talk, neither of which is desirable. (I'm using a studio mic which has no on-board mute switch :/) I wonder if setting PTT as caps lock will work like I want it to...

Edit: nope.

Edit 2: Okay yeah, this is pissing me off.

I just wanted to use shadowplay as a FPS counter and couldnt figure it out.
to be fair i barely tried anything after it didnt work the first time.

jshackles

Congrats! It really changed the way I steam.
What's the ETA on the new version?

Thanks! I'm almost done with the new version for Chrome, but I'm going to (unfortunately) have to release the new Firefox version separately.

Valve made some huge changes / restrictions to their API, and I'm finding Chrome to be much more adept at working with these changes. The Firefox code is going to have to have major parts of it re-written to get working again. Hopefully the new version for Firefox will be ready by the end of next week.

Hugstable

Banned
lol

Salsa, living everywhere.

Also, thanks everyone for the well wishes. Enhanced Steam is really a community project - a lot of features are those suggested by people that use it - so I couldn't have done it without each and every one of you.

Damn I didn't realize the creator of Enhanced Steam came right from our very own SteamGAF! Great extension, and even though I got into it late, it was an invaluable tool during the summer sale. Hell now I know how much I've spent total on Steam overall all thanks to this program! Thanks again JShack and congrats on the success with it!

Playing Dark Souls right now, the monsters you meet in the narrow sewers of Painting World of Ariamis are mad genius. I did not see them coming and they were something else to fight. Hard to even screencap it just because of how they move haha.

The bone wheels? I'm guessing you haven't been down to the Catacombs yet. :p

Altazor

The fact the game is Smash Bros inspired on the combat but adding their own flavor makes it appealing. Look at this combo vid.

The team has bothered to put an Advanced Combat Mechanics Guide which usually a lot of developers wait til later to put guides. It shows enough of the ideas behind the game and you can see them answer questions about the game on the community and it seems they will take on feedback and keep the game flowing with content and fixes for the competitive aspect of the game.

BTW Friendly Fire is on but can be turned off but the developers dont like it cause it cheapens the game and make it into another mindless hack and slash instead of playing with style. (You can look into the community stuff which they talk about it)

Overall I like a lot the game and the passion the team shows for the game.

simply beautiful. The game was already on my radar befor ('cause they're chilean... and the artstyle looked nice), but the information I've been reading about it and those videos you posted are making me really want this.

denx

Just use defensive offense (maybe I have that backward) instead. You'll hit him, his shield will explode in an attempt to hit you, but you'll come out unscathed.

Thanks, will try that next time I fight him. Turns out I finally managed to break his shield right after I posted that, then the guy curbstomped me with some crazy fast machete attacks cause I was very low on nanopaste. >_<

Oh, and Abyss Odyssey looks sweeeet gimme gimme

jshackles

Damn I didn't realize the creator of Enhanced Steam came right from our very own SteamGAF! Great extension, and even though I got into it late, it was an invaluable tool during the summer sale. Hell now I know how much I've spent total on Steam overall all thanks to this program! Thanks again JShack and congrats on the success with it!

Well, I started out with it posting on CAG back in December of 2012 during the Winter Sale. There was some stink there, since everyone was so excited about Enhanced Steam, that they didn't want me to post about it in their Steam thread (it was clogging up the thread) and I started my own dedicated thread there.

I've been on GAF for about a year now I guess. Everyone here has been absolutely fantastic!

Add another to the enhanced steam list... Just downloaded it myself.

Awesome. Let me know if you run into any problems!

EDIT: Just realized that tomorrow will be 1 year that I've been posting on GAF.

when I scrolled down your gif was playing around the time where there was two characters, I thought they were fighting each other, I thought this was a smash clone for PC. I was gonna be there day 0, but its not and now I'm sad. I wish we had more fighting games similar to smash bros :( still looks like a neat game though btw

wilflare

does SteamGAF actually feel :/ for missing out on those CE goodies that the console guys usually get?

I mean we purchase everything from Steam

I just wanted to use shadowplay as a FPS counter and couldnt figure it out.
to be fair i barely tried anything after it didnt work the first time.
I haven't tried using the FPS counter either. At least not in game. It's supposed to be Alt-F12 by default I think, but I couldn't get it working on the desktop.

But yeah, it seems completely dumb to add push to talk as an option (which doesn't toggle when set to capslock for some asinine reason), then remove the mic mute/toggle from the always on option that it had previously.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
does SteamGAF actually feel :/ for missing out on those CE goodies that the console guys usually get?

I mean we purchase everything from Steam

the shit that stays in boxes in your shelf never to be touched or cared for after the first day?

no, I learned that lesson the hard way when I was collecting DVDs

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
when I scrolled down your gif was playing around the time where there was two characters, I thought they were fighting each other, I thought this was a smash clone for PC. I was gonna be there day 0, but its not and now I'm sad. I wish we had more fighting games similar to smash bros :( still looks like a neat game though btw

The game has a VS Mode sir... (37 playable characters and apparently more content released later)

Game will have a competitive aspect to it and I think there might be a 4 player versus mode but only local. Might have to check their forums about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom