• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not much, but thank you Gaffers for everything.

Making a new one

Also, only 40mins idling and already 4 cards. SAM is the real deal.

Altazor

great work as always, jshackles! :D

as for Steam post-sale... well, I think I might be getting some extra money soon, I hope I'll be able to spend some of it in games I'll never play

So I got image scrolling working in the new version of Enhanced Steam:

You'll be able to click a screenshot, it'll open in a lightbox, and there will be back/forward arrows on the side of the page to scroll through all of them.

I wonder why you arent working for Valve yet...
I mean come on. You do it in your freetime and improve the user experience for everyone.

Volimar

<checks PMs>

Guess you can't go home again.

nXFjFfD.jpg

Thanks for letting me know there were unclaimed keys! Snagged one!

Thanks En Ex!

You'll be able to click a screenshot, it'll open in a lightbox, and there will be back/forward arrows on the side of the page to scroll through all of them.
Wow, that and low-res videos are two of my biggest complains with Steam.

wilflare

you are doing Lord Gaben's work
Valve should hire you - instead of spending time on all those meta-games

Jawmuncher

ES continuing to making steam what it should have been in the first place.
You add stuff I didn't even know I wanted.

kierwynn

Sorry about that! :(

There is a way to edit your past submission, but I'm pretty sure you have to still have the form submission success page open.

Send me what you want in there and I'll post it!

It's no problem! Like I said, it's not really important or anything. Thanks though! And thanks for putting the list together! It's always nice to have a reference like this.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wonder why you arent working for Valve yet...
I mean come on. You do it in your freetime and improve the user experience for everyone.

Well, they better hurry up. I've got a few other job interviews lined up over the next few weeks, but can't really spill the beans on any of them just yet.

ES continuing to making steam what it should have been in the first place.
You add stuff I didn't even know I wanted.

And after it's released, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. I've been using the hell out of this feature all afternoon, and I already can't do without it.

Wow, it looks really good. And i'm not even that much of a shmup fan.

play Bastion! I assume you're on your macbook right now. I got that for you for a reason. :|

It sure does! :D I can wholeheartedly recommend it and I'm not a big shump player :)

YAY! Another game that has story dialogue (subtitled Japanese no less) during gameplay that requires the players full attention. In no way is this bad game design.

I agree it usually is and I really hate it in GTA IV and similar but the sentences in Astebreed are so short I can read them fully at a glimpse and the game won't punish you immediately for a second of carelessness as you have a health bar.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Speaking of game screenshots - I've been doing a lot of testing with The Witcher 3. It's nice, because all of their screenshots are actually 1920x1080 pixels. But why the hell do they have multiples of the same screenshot? Just bizarre, since it would literally take them 2 seconds to fix.

I've also been surprised, with testing this new feature, the number of games that have really low resolution screenshots. I almost never clicked on screenshots before, since I hated how they opened in multiple tabs, so I never really noticed til now.

And not just shit games either - games that are perfectly capable of running at 1080p but have 720p (or lower) screenshots. Makes me shudder.

Mokoi

Banned
YAY! Another game that has story dialogue (subtitled Japanese no less) during gameplay that requires the players full attention. In no way is this bad game design.

Yeah it really a dumb decision, but who wants to listen to annoying animu voices or read the dumb dialogue. I always play it with the voices off. The game is all about that sweet gameplay!

Mokoi! nbnt!

We fight with one purpose. If you add me, you will not regret it.

Ok

MRORANGE

btw: GAF Steam ID List

Welcome to the place to look for SteamGAF Steam ID’s.
You can also use this thread to request help in games or if you just want someone to play with you in co-op/multiplayer.

- Use this form to enter your details
- A list of all Steam ID’s

Previous GAF/Steam ID’s from the previous thread have been added to this spreadsheet.
A big thanks to Leila who created the spreadsheet.​

Thanks to Leila

Please keep friend requests to that thread rather than this one.

I was going to stream some stuff tonight, but ShadowPlay removed the mic toggle... So it's on all the time or push to talk, neither of which is desirable. (I'm using a studio mic which has no on-board mute switch :/) I wonder if setting PTT as caps lock will work like I want it to...

Edit: nope.

Edit 2: Okay yeah, this is pissing me off.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm idling in CS:GO for Batman AO cards while buying tf2 keys with paypal from some random guy

I've come a long way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom