• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

Mexico, so it should be correct, I'm gonna try to set it to another region and setting it back. Kinda want to play some casual matches on GO. Entered one on the community servers but it had no HUD indicators for some reason.

the cool thing with this operation is it has this little missions like get X number of kills with SMGs in casual mode... and when you complete it you get a skin that's only available via doing those operations.. (or maybe only available to those w/ the operation coin, but still)

plus new crates = $$$, even in the long run operation crates will return the money you paid for the operation pass in the first place...

Scythian

the cool thing with this operation is it has this little missions like get X number of kills with SMGs in casual mode... and when you complete it you get a skin that's only available via doing those operations.. (or maybe only available to those w/ the operation coin, but still)

plus new crates = $$$, even in the long run operation crates will return the money you paid for the operation pass in the first place...

Operations sounded cool since the first one for sure! I'd love to play those maps if, you know, I could even get into a server with no issues/with actual players. Sad, but I haven't found how to fix it.

So, uh... I just barely recognized you with your new avatar. I feel silly now.

AjFDz.gif

I bought Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ All You Can Eat Edition on the last day of the sale. I bought it in gift form, but it's not in my inventory. This is the first time this has happened, with any game. Is it that common an occurrence?

Ozium

Operations sounded cool since the first one for sure! I'd love to play those maps if, you know, I could even get into a server with no issues/with actual players. Sad, but I haven't found how to fix it.

Are you VAC banned?

Otherwise might be an issue with port forwarding on your internetz

Scythian

Talking about actual playing of games, Mark of the Ninja is soooo fun so far. Sneaking around killing guards and completing objectives feels really engaging, and I'd say the controls are great, but I've killed myself trying to enter a vent crawling on the wall but accidentally walking upwards to my death by lasers ._. It doesn't diminish the fun, but it makes it a bit more frustrating.

Are you VAC banned?

Otherwise might be an issue with port forwarding on your internetz

Nope, I'm in good standing!
Port forwarding sounds likely, since my IP is dynamic and if I try to forward ports it messes with the internet and disconnects me altogether. I'm calling up my provider soon to see what's up.

Altazor

Talking about actual playing of games, Mark of the Ninja is soooo fun so far. Sneaking around killing guards and completing objectives feels really engaging, and I'd say the controls are great, but I've killed myself trying to enter a vent crawling on the wall but accidentally walking upwards to my death by lasers ._. It doesn't diminish the fun, but it makes it a bit more frustrating.

It's an excellent game. Picked it up along with Deus Ex Human Revolution during last year's Summer Sale and I was like DYING OF STEALTH OVERLOAD. Felt so good.

Ibuki

Banned
I'm checking out Frozen State, and Sunless Sea on Early Access. Anyone played them yet? They both seem pretty awesome and I'm not one to complain about bugs and stuff in early access games. Impressions would be appreciated.

Mono

Nope, I'm in good standing!
Port forwarding sounds likely, since my IP is dynamic and if I try to forward ports it messes with the internet and disconnects me altogether. I'm calling up my provider soon to see what's up.

The controls are pretty hard to get used to, but Mark of the Ninja has some of the tightest and most satisfying controls in any stealth game I've ever played. I love it! It's also somehow really good with both a keyboard and controller.

Scythian

It's an excellent game. Picked it up along with Deus Ex Human Revolution during last year's Summer Sale and I was like DYING OF STEALTH OVERLOAD. Felt so good.

Playing this along with Dishonored is reviving my interest for stealth. Though Mark of the Ninja makes me feel more of a badass. Dishonored feels more classy in a way. And superpowers!

My love/hate relationship with horror games continues. Outlast is freaking me the heck out. I wanna stop, but I wanna go on. wat do?
Keep going, that's what

The controls are pretty hard to get used to, but Mark of the Ninja has some of the tightest and most satisfying controls in any stealth game I've ever played. I love it! It's also somehow really good with both a keyboard and controller.

I was gonna use the M&M money on it, but NOTHING AGAIN

Scythian

My love/hate relationship with horror games continues. Outlast is freaking me the heck out. I wanna stop, but I wanna go on. wat do?
Keep going, that's what

I was expecting to buy some good horror games on sale and got Amnesia a Machine for Pigs... so yeeeeah.
Outlast just to me seems like your run-of-the-mill event-driven jump-scaring youtuber game. Not really feeling it.

I was expecting to buy some good horror games on sale and got Amnesia a Machine for Pigs... so yeeeeah.
Outlast just to me seems like your run-of-the-mill event-driven jump-scaring youtuber game. Not really feeling it.
I heard Machine for Pigs was the same way though :x

Hell, even the first game had it's scripted moments.

Altazor

Playing this along with Dishonored is reviving my interest for stealth. Though Mark of the Ninja makes me feel more of a badass. Dishonored feels more classy in a way. And superpowers!

I also got Dishonored last year. Started it but never actually progressed beyond the tutorial... because I was too absorbed with DXHR and then came along a certain game called "Dark Souls" and I was ensnared - frustrated by its difficulty and yet totally addicted to its challenge.

I must restart my Dishonored playthrough, though. I know there's a good game there, waiting for me. It's just that I have little time to play it :(

Scythian

I also got Dishonored last year. Started it but never actually progressed beyond the tutorial... because I was too absorbed with DXHR and then came along a certain game called "Dark Souls" and I was ensnared - frustrated by its difficulty and yet totally addicted to its challenge.

I must restart my Dishonored playthrough, though. I know there's a good game there, waiting for me. It's just that I have little time to play it :(

Give it a try soon! I felt like once you got to the "open" areas (first assassination) it gets really good, since you begin to tackle different objectives in different ways. It's excellent, and it's really well made too.

Mono

AMFP has far less jump scares and is much more story oriented, which has actually quite pissed off the youtubers. Which is good, because fuck them.

It's a lot harder to painfully force reactions when you have to actually pay attention to the story! A Machine For Pigs doesn't deserve all the hate it gets. People really need to stop comparing it to Dark Descent and saying that it sucks because it's not as scary. They weren't trying to make it scarier.

Deitus

So apparently Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery EP is on sale today. Does anyone have any impressions on this game?

I know people were making a big deal about it when it came out on iOS, but they were always amazingly sparse on details about what the game actually is. About all I could gather is that it's a game where you walk, it looks pretty, and there is some dumb twitter integration (that I couldn't give less of a shit about).

So what is this game? And is it worth $2.40?

Mono

So apparently Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery EP is on sale today. Does anyone have any impressions on this game?

I know people were making a big deal about it when it came out on iOS, but they were always amazingly sparse on details about what the game actually is. About all I could gather is that it's a game where you walk, it looks pretty, and there is some dumb twitter integration (that I couldn't give less of a shit about).

So what is this game? And is it worth $2.40?

It's very unique. It's a rhythmn/sound-based point and click adventure? The art and sound direction are gorgeous. It's definitely worth $2.40 but I wouldn't pay over $5 for it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Whatever angers PewDiePie, I like.

<33

It's a lot harder to painfully force reactions when you have to actually pay attention to the story! A Machine For Pigs doesn't deserve all the hate it gets. People really need to stop comparing it to Dark Descent and saying that it sucks because it's not as scary. They weren't trying to make it scarier.

I agree. I'm a fan of TCR anyways and know they can do some really good jump stuff after Korsakovia (which were few and far between) but the story is where it's at. Shame that the preconceived notion of an "Amnesia" title requires it to only play out a specific way. In many ways I prefer it to the original.

Scythian

Playing it for a few hours AMFP is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, I think its first area (The Mansion) is fantastic if you're into scrapnotes storytelling, then it kinda drags on and you hope it finishes soon. I still haven't finished it because of it. I got bored.

so I'm here just farming some steam cards using that neat program you guys provided earlier while playing all stars with the bros online and I come to check up on how the farming is going and I see I got a gift...
My main man Jason <3 totally random and unexpected, especially since he previously gave me $10 when I helped him out with buying cards. I got you bro, just wait till I get some cash <3 anyone who has broforce and wants to play tomorrow add me http://steamcommunity.com/id/thedollars (or just post/pm your steam ID and I'll add you :p)

ALSO can I have 2 games running in steam achievement manager and I get cards for both at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom