• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that Spec-Ops the line? I need that game in my blood so bad. I entered. here hoping!

i recently played through it and all I have to say is the gameplay(the shooting and whatnot) is really poor but the game's narrative/atmosphere is/was great

don't play on the hardest difficulty setting though, you'll hate yourself for it

stOex

yea shovel knight is pretty fucking amazing

it's going on my goty list easy

i'm just sad i've been told it's kind of short

Yeah it is short, but clearing all the achievements can be quite a challenge. New game+ is a bit harder as well, so perfecting runs and collecting everything gives the game a decent replayability. And it was only 15$, so all in all good value.

You can personally check what games you've given away via ModBot's "My Loot" command, but it doesn't give prices. No idea if ModBot records the prices of games anywhere.

I meant stuff like "most giveaways, highest number of entrants [single giveaway, single game], most wins, most entries" Etc.

TsuXna

For those who've finished Borderlands 2, how much of the campaign remains after you defeat the bunker that's not actually a bunker?

Finishing it once is not enough! I've finished all missions 1 and main story 3. Btw if you want to play co-op add me pls
I've so many co-op games to play but with no one *cries*

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I meant stuff like "most giveaways, highest number of entrants [single giveaway, single game], most wins, most entries" Etc.

Oh, Stump has the data, but he hasn't made it public. We do know that JaseC has given away the most games, of course, and the top ten most given away games were listed, but other than that nothing really specific is publicly known.

Or that ↓

Shadownet

Banned
This is going to be my last giveaway for a long while. I will be saving up money, and wait for the next sale to be giving away more stuff. But right now. I feel like some people are just adding me because they want something. I only give gifts to people who I consider true friend and a valuable member of SteamGAF. so please be nice to your friends and keep on being generous. You never know when I might give you something in the future for your contributions.

Good luck everyone. and please only enter if you really want this game.

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for Shadownet:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guacamelee -- MB-F2F353700C6F5604 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 2 entrants total.

t1404290295z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

i can tell you most giveaways is and always will be JaseC

thanks for the ridiculous amount of games you gave Shadowbeast

Arthea

I ventured outside this thread, and got to read that LucasArts games have no gameplay *shakes head in deep sadness*.
Seriously, are there still people that believe puzzle and point and click is no gameplay? I know this kind of mindset travels sometimes amongst "hardcore" crowd, but I thought we are past that, already.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I ventured outside this thread, and got to read that LucasArts games have no gameplay *shakes head in deep sadness*.
Seriously, are there still people that believe puzzle and point and click is no gameplay? I know this kind of mindset travels sometimes amongst "hardcore" crowd, but I thought we are past that, already.

dude who are you on steam again? trying to nickname people

yuraya

as far as I know idle servers only exist in TF2, not sure how they would work in CSGO...

I may be wrong though

they do exist in csgo. But are mainly used for achievements and/or to idle for regular cases. Idle servers don't exist for things like operation phoenix cases tho. Any event you have to pay money to get into won't have idle servers for those unique drops. People also need to remember there is a limit on how many drops your can get per week in the game. iirc its something like 2 drops of each type of case per week excluding stickers (I think)

Rhaknar

...you could just click on Artheas profile ;)

youre right im sorry. ironically, most of the times I do that their steam name isnt there (not the case)

also, you are Yakkue (Yakkue) on my list lol

as far as I know idle servers only exist in TF2, not sure how they would work in CSGO...

I may be wrong though

Whenever a match ends I see some people getting items/crates so I assume it works. How long does it normally take for a crate to drop?

Arthea

dude who are you on steam again? trying to nickname people

going to my gaf profile is too much work? There is a handy link in there.
And if you don't think Suikoden! every time you see any my post, I failed miserably on all accounts. (._.)

Arthea

all day today, I'm late to any discussion or question asked.
I probably just need to get back to work, or something.

Ozium

Whenever a match ends I see some people getting items/crates so I assume it works. How long does it normally take for a crate to drop?

a while, I dont think it's on a timer like in TF2, and they have never published CS:GO's drop rate stats...

I think each week (if you start playing on a tuesday, then the week will end on the next tuesday.... not a specific reset time) you can get 1 skin, 1 case and 1 sticker capsule.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

People are weird and like to flame some game genres they don't like instead of just letting them be, it's nothing new. That thread's one of the David Cage hate/defend threads mainly anyway :p

Rhaknar

No need to be sorry, just thought I'd point it out.

probably because I was named regentropfen on Steam before you got all mad at me for having a different name ;)

I didnt get mad, I said I hated you.

If I got mad for everyone I hated, I would be the Hulk

you know I love you, you made my godlike avatar <3

I'm playing through Beneath A Steel Sky atm, it's definitely more of a game than anything Telltale would put out today. Some of the pixel hunting only happens because of poor art design obscuring things that should pop out (a cable and a rope being the two biggest offenders, along with that keycard in the reactor room), but having to keep track of NPC schedules and where they are in the world makes things interesting. Talking to people in just the right order to activate plot-advancing sequences becomes important later on, and there's some time-based puzzles to keep things interesting. It's not too challenging a point-and-click adventure, though there'a good mix of death scenarios and some logical puzzling, but I like it a lot so far.

In response to the Cage/Lucasarts thread, I'll say that Cage can't write for shit to begin with, so his ideas for games are already unpleasant and unpromising to the reluctant gamer. Beneath A Steel Sky is underwritten, certainly, but none of the writing's bad at all, nor is it anything outstanding. Pulpy, concise plots are always better than hydra-like masses of cringeworthy dialogue and contradictory plotting.

Yakkue

What thread was that?

Caerith

sorry, I can't say it's a good game, but it's certainly not the worst game ever or even bad. If you'll like all waifus generations aspect of it, you might even like it. It's not an easy game, though, not a short one and grindy, as most of the genre is. I really don't see why would you skip it for the price like that, seriously.

I'm even not sure gameplay can be dismissed as simply bad. Is it not very good? yea
bad? not really
Then again, people have different understanding of what's bad and good, especially gameplay related.
Remind me, how does the combat work? It's a tactical system where you move, then the enemy moves, then you attack, then the enemy attacks, right?

Ibuki

Banned
Enjoy guys, for the love of SteamGAF.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SUGURI COLLECTION -- MB-7AAA7867F59058D6 - Taken by wilflare. 13 entrants total.

t1404301146z1.png

Amazon just sent me some deals for CRPGs. Dragon Age: Origins for 25% MSRP, lol. That's not what I'd call good timing. Nor do I want to buy Dungeon Siege for $7 ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom