• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ventured outside this thread, and got to read that LucasArts games have no gameplay *shakes head in deep sadness*.
Seriously, are there still people that believe puzzle and point and click is no gameplay? I know this kind of mindset travels sometimes amongst "hardcore" crowd, but I thought we are past that, already.

gaf's population isn't more hardcore than any other board i think, it's just that there's less obvious trolls here otherwise the population split seems to be roughly the same

JustLynx

Bump :p

Just sharing the love :D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JustLynx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_586x192.jpg

Can't Stop Laughing Bundle -- MB-1B1353EA71E53654 - Taken by pahamrick

t1404297859z1.png

Yakkue

I didnt get mad, I said I hated you.

If I got mad for everyone I hated, I would be the Hulk

you know I love you, you made my godlike avatar <3
&#10084;

That thread seems..weird.

That's such a small dataset though. I'm looking for something like "my loot' but for general statistics.
Don't think something like that was ever made public, sorry.

Arthea

gaf's population isn't more hardcore than any other board i think, it's just that there's less obvious trolls here otherwise the population split seems to be roughly the same

It looks like it at times, but also there are amazing amount of good posters here and a lot of knowledgeable people.
That's why such threads still amaze me, even if I've seen fair share of them.

Postin' around at the speed of sound~

don't make fun of me! I'm not posting, I'm working and posting
just kidding, make fun of anyone, and never let to be told otherwise (><)

It looks like it at times, but also there are amazing amount of good posters here and a lot of knowledgeable people.
That's why such threads still amaze me, even if I've seen fair share of them.
Personally, I think it's because of the good posters and well thought out/presented opinions that the completely awful ones surprise me so much. If the forum had the collective quality of GameFAQs I don't think I would care nearly as much.
Or, you know, be here

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it? I remember buying some keys for ~$1.70, these were the times!
I wonder is price of keys on the rise all the time because of grey market?

In the here and now, not historically. ;)

Finishing it once is not enough! I've finished all missions 1 and main story 3. Btw if you want to play co-op add me pls
I've so many co-op games to play but with no one *cries*

I don't play games online much these days... well, at all, really. Maybe I'll get back on that horse once I have a real internet connection.

All the assets (well most) for TTT are from CSS so yes you need it.
All the files you need can be downloaded in the workshop.
I still haven't even played Speedrunners yet since I bought it. I thought some friends were going to jump on the deal and somehow not one of them managed to buy the game! :lol If you guys every play send an invite this way. I am without internet til the 7th though which fucking sucks.
I have it you cunt

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Seems like I missed a night of love and tasty stuff to eat... thats what I get for living on the other side of the planet :p

But here is another lovely, tasty game...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Revenge of the Titans -- MB-F90ADA99614C1A84 - Taken by Uni on Everything!. 2 entrants total.

t1404292372z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
1 week today and my new card aint here, time for a phone call methinks

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I never thought I would be browsing pictures of quiche at 5 in the morning because a PC gaming related thread brought it up.

Feels good.

I'm just going to read the post under this later because I don't think my mind can handle it right now.

Chariot

So, I got some awesome entries here.

1. Accoun
&#8220;I Used To Be A Red Pantygirl Like You, Then I Took Evangelion To The Brain&#8221;

In the game we play as a mentally unstable 20 year old female NEET. In the first chapters, we meet her, see how she transforms from a fairly casual ecchi/moe fan to hardcore otaku after discovering NGE. How she gains her love for mechs, guns etc. Gameplay-wise it's more of a visual novel/adventure &#8211; interaction with people and surroundings. The deeper into the story, the more her mental unstability shows off &#8211; not unlike Eternal Darkness or Silent Hill: The Room she starts to see and hear things that aren't there: strange people outside the window, suspicious noises that don't really happen, changing dialogue lines and things like that.

This is where the game starts giving more freedom and becomes more of a stealth/action game. The MC starts getting more and more paranoid, eventually resulting in murder of a local thug. One murder leads to another, she gains access to actual weapons and even takes control of a local gang and in result &#8211; of the neighbourhood.
Still, the &#8220;visions&#8221; continue.

The game adds more management elements &#8211; not only we have our character, but we control the whole gang. We need to capture smaller businesses like stores etc. to make sure we have resources like money, food, weapons and other. We need to capture other gangs' territories and defend ours (either by ourselves or by sending out squads under our control).We try to take control of civillians and police. We need to make sure we don't get killed &#8211; both in action or by trickery (traps, assassins etc.). And we need to make sure we won't let our unstabilty take over us &#8211; we don't want to kill our people for things we heard them say but which were only our imagination.
The more we control, the more the more government test interested in us, including assigning self-defense forces to crush us.

The game ends when we gain control of the whole city. However, there is some endgame content &#8211; we can try to defend ourselves from every attack and slowly build a mech that would give us firepower to take over the whole country...

wzooo43.jpg

2. kiru

3. alr1ght

Other entrys:
WinterDemons

_hekk05
Derrick gets sick and tired of NeoGaf hype, what with Ubi downgrades and GearBox bullshots. He decides to set out to challenge the hype threads.

Game plays like danganronpa, in which he picks out the lies of astroturfers and the wrong information that fanboys spout.

At the end, he cleans up the hype threads and get everyone to see the truth. However, users complain and some mod bans him in the name of preserving a conducive environment to discuss upcoming games, whatever that means. NeoGaf lives happily ever after.

OR DO WE? CHIPMUNK TURN AROUND DRAMATIC MUSIC .WEBM
Cue cutscene where dozens of astroturfers begin to post in NeoGaf again, quite possibly the most blatant sequel-bait end-of-game cutscene yet.

njerzc.png

astrogamer:
Dawn of The Sisters: The Game

The game is a cel-shaded third person co-op shooter starring the two adorable buddy cops, Suki & Yuki. The two of them start off really hating each other. The both of them get involved in ludicrous crimes going on raids and taking down various crimelords. As they work together longer, they overcome their differences and work together to become "sisters". There are surprising twists along the way. There is a parkour system and boob physics. Make of that of what you will. It's a game of trust, justice and boobs.

PJS.png

_hekk05

Banned
A question: If you buy steam wallet cards on amazon, are they delivered to your house (that's so lame), or do they just give you the code?

Ibuki

Banned
I have to go to bed and stop refreshing this thread. I look forward to many interesting discussions tomorrow. Good night everyone.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
A question: If you buy steam wallet cards on amazon, are they delivered to your house (that's so lame), or do they just give you the code?

house probably? isnt it all robots at amazon?

Caerith

ya, it's grid based tactical RPG combat, taking turns too.
It has some trick to it, though, as there are combos and special attacks.

Yeah, the more I think on it, the more I dislike it. I mean, maybe it isn't bad-- on a scale of 1 to the level cap in Disgaea, I wouldn't give it a negative number-- but it's just....

Well, it has cards. That's something.

Beelzebubs

at least you guys know what a quiche is! The amount of people online I have had to send a picture of a quiche to is unbelievable!

Well then why the fuck haven't we been playing it!

ignoring the fact I don't have stable internet til the 7th!

Got a nice Bacon and Cheese quiche I'm saving for dinner!

_hekk05

Banned
house probably? isnt it all robots at amazon?

Pretty sure they get delivered to your house as a physical card.

Amazon doesn't sell Steam Wallet instant-codes afaik.

Amazon doesn't sell Steam Wallet cards digitally. Third party sellers are the ones selling Steam Wallet cards on Amazon. That's why it's like $65 for a $50 card.

Amazon is lame >_<

Also didn't realise I had to submit proof of randomness for my title, so here's mine:

njerzc.png

Jadax

Anyone have Plague Inc: Evolved?

And if you do, how the fuck do I make it so that it doesn't overheat my laptop so that it auto-shuts down every SINGLE TIME.

I haven't been able to play this game for more than 5 minutes at a time :( And this was the game I paid fully money for during the sale.

Vuze

Don't believe the hype it ain't that good. Well I'm sure there is some good quiche in this world but it was a no go when I tried it.
wut? Quiche is awesome, you really must have tried bad quiche if you didn't like it a bit ;-;
Should get me some, it's been a while
Assuming it is the same as with PSN cards, they are delivered to your house...

Toki767

Leek and pancetta quiche is my favorite. Especially the ones made with gruyere cheese.

Quiche Lorraine is also really delicious. That's probably the standard one most people have tried.

Assuming it is the same as with PSN cards, they are delivered to your house...

Amazon actually does sell digital codes for PSN money.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Anyone have Plague Inc: Evolved?

And if you do, how the fuck do I make it so that it doesn't overheat my laptop so that it auto-shuts down every SINGLE TIME.

I haven't been able to play this game for more than 5 minutes at a time :( And this was the game I paid fully money for during the sale.

Try using v-sync on the game!

Sometimes these "Flash graphics" using 2D games don't seem to use some kind of framerate limiter and are using the graphics cards full power to render the game with like a million FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom