• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autofokus

You're right, just checked. They didn't do that when I ordered my last cards one or two years back if I'm not mistaken.

They started selling them with the Launch of the PS4, also codes for PSN store games (depends on the publisher if their game is listed or not).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
some spares

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

White Noise Online -- MB-021E96104AEBED94 - Taken by zeroOman
Revenge of the Titans -- MB-65EBF9C60E340970 - Taken by Darth Kupi

_hekk05

Banned
I am now cursed to forever purchase steam wallet cards at 22.64% markup because of Singapore tax.

At least I'll be able to experience black friday once while I'm in the US

Milamber

I am now cursed to forever purchase steam wallet cards at 22.64% markup because of Singapore tax.

At least I'll be able to experience black friday once while I'm in the US

There are alternative online stores that can get that stuff for you at a better price. B/S/T thread here also has some steam card sellers.

EDIT: Can't you link your bank account to your paypal and buy them directly off steam too?

jediyoshi

Wow, paypal is getting pushy as fuck

EENHvTX.png

You'd think it's enough I already have a normal verified account

Wow, paypal is getting pushy as fuck

EENHvTX.png

You'd think it's enough I already have a normal verified account
I gave up on a PayPal account because of that shit. Give them what they want, and then they asked for a scan of a utility bill and my state ID after a year. Did it once, they asked for it again 6 months later. I finally just said fuck it. Didn't use them for a few years.

Although I opened a new account a couple months ago with a new email.

milena87

I had to google "quiche". As I understand it's just a torta salata (italian name).

My favourite type is with spinach, prosciutto cotto (I usually despise it, but prosciutto crudo is unfortunately too strong for this) and cheese (usually Fontina).
I tried with mozzarella instead of Fontina once. I'll never try again.

_hekk05

Banned
There are alternative online stores that can get that stuff for you at a better price. B/S/T thread here also has some steam card sellers.

EDIT: Can't you link your bank account to your paypal and buy them directly off steam too?

Currently on paypal boycott. I take my boycotts pretty seriously

I suppose eventually I'll get a credit card.

Go early or forget about it. Black Friday is a nightmare.

It's less about the deals and more about checking out how crazy it is

wetflame

Pizza Dog
When I was a small child I ate some quiche at a little buffet thing for a family event, thinking it was pizza. I was so upset that I haven't eaten quiche since.

Milamber

Currently on paypal boycott. I take my boycotts pretty seriously

I suppose eventually I'll get a credit card.

I know you guys got prepaid VISA debit cards there. Just buy one, fill it up with money, and pay for a Steam wallet balance using that card directly. No Paypal, no mess. That's what I'm currently doing with my Steam and Amazon purchases.

Shadownet

Banned

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
someone grab revenge of the titans up there, its good even

Arthea

Yeah, the more I think on it, the more I dislike it. I mean, maybe it isn't bad-- on a scale of 1 to the level cap in Disgaea, I wouldn't give it a negative number-- but it's just....

Well, it has cards. That's something.

you know what's funny, I don't consider Disgaea combat good either, it's not bad, no, but also Disgaea is the most grindy of them all, TRPGs.
Talking about really good TRPG combat, besides regular suspects as FE or FFT, I liked Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume combat a lot. It took time for it to grow on me and it's good mostly because of certain plot-story induced mechanics, which blew my mind. Also there is a real branching story in that one and it's not grindy at all, that helped, I think.
There is still hope that one day we might get FFT on steam, I would replay that one, gladly.

edited: Rhaknar will hate me now even more, what's hardly possible already, me having different names on steam and gaf and all that. (><)

Rhaknar

Yeah, the more I think on it, the more I dislike it. I mean, maybe it isn't bad-- on a scale of 1 to the level cap in Disgaea, I wouldn't give it a negative number-- but it's just....

Well, it has cards. That's something.
you know what's funny, I don't consider Disgaea combat good either, it's not bad, no, but also Disgaea is the most grindy of them all, TRPGs.
Talking about really good TRPG combat, besides regular suspects as FE or FFT, I liked Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume combat a lot. It took time for it to grow on me and it's good mostly because of certain plot-story induced mechanics, which blew my mind. Also there is a real branching story in that one and it's not grindy at all, that helped, I think.
There is still hope that one day we might get FFT on steam, I would replay that one, gladly.

edited: Rhaknar will hate me now even more, what's hardly possible already, me having different names on steam and gaf and all that. (><)

fuck both of you

whats wrong with Disgaea's combat? :(

Arthea

fuck both of you

nothing really, as I said it's not bad, I even like it, it's just not good enough, like you know... something one could actively enjoy for hundreds of hours of playtime
one being me

_hekk05

Banned
I know you guys got prepaid VISA debit cards there. Just buy one, fill it up with money, and pay for a Steam wallet balance using that card directly. No Paypal, no mess. That's what I'm currently doing with my Steam and Amazon purchases.

DBS stopped providing that one. I think MayBank still provides it, but I gotta go check their fees.

fuck both of you

Disgaea combat is amazing. Prinny bomb strats

Amazon is lame >_<

Also didn't realise I had to submit proof of randomness for my title, so here's mine
I'm unsure if you're aware, but you can use an Amazon wallet on "Maximus Cards" which sell Steam Wallet codes and email them to you directly. I've only had good experiences with them thus far as any time I've had an issue (got my first wallet code through them and it was already used; emailed them and the customer service was pretty helpful in resolving my issue by sending another a few hours later without question). I would be somewhat wary about recommending them, and there is a bit of a mark-up, but overall I find it a pretty good site even if I'm always hesitant about using them.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What is wrong with CS? alot of cooldown shit in this game
The one and only time I played traditional CS:GO online, there were a few matches where all my teammates went and got themselves killed and meanwhile I capped like 3 guys and they kicked me before I could try for the other two because I guess they didn't like that they fucking sucked and just wanted to hurry up and run to their doom again. I didn't appreciate people voting me out while I was doing a better job than them, and I haven't played traditional mode since. This cooldown sounds like a decent way to lower the douchebag factor of the community without needing to find a clan.

Rhaknar

heads up, if you guys have Groupees The Indie Bundle and you havent redeemed your Asteria code at the dev website, you might want to do it since they are saying on the steam forums they will send steam keys to people that bought it on the store

edit: also Revenge of the Titans -- MB-65EBF9C60E340970 still available

Arthea

heads up, if you guys have Groupees The Indie Bundle and you havent redeemed your Asteria code at the dev website, you might want to do it since they are saying on the steam forums they will send steam keys to people that bought it on the store

edit: also Revenge of the Titans -- MB-65EBF9C60E340970 still available

you mean I have to register on their site, don't you?

Rhaknar

you mean I have to register on their site, don't you?

yeah I assume so, snce you register with your email so they should send the steam key to that email. One hopes

Arthea

yeah I assume so, snce you register with your email so they should send the steam key to that email. One hopes

why can't I keep all those registrations.jpg

edited: on unrelated note, just have seen NIS America Europe online store prices *laughs uncontrollably*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom